UGABOZ

Official HOME RUN DERBY THREAD!

167 posts in this topic

Just now, oztin said:

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Home Run Derby but I'm loving that commercial with the Braves and Phillies fan I agree that Braves fan everyday of the week and twice on Sunday

Yeah, great commercial, although I wish the roles were reversed and send the Phillies fan to the back. 

1 minute ago, oztin said:

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Home Run Derby but I'm loving that commercial with the Braves and Phillies fan I agree that Braves fan everyday of the week and twice on Sunday

Just cool to see the Braves start to get some love in commercials again. There's that one and the one with Acuna on the subway.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

atleast a buck thirty :lol:

He’d easily win a arm wrastlng contest against my 250 pound ***. (I used to be skinny and pretty now I’m just pretty) lol. 

oztin and LouDog like this

1 minute ago, dmite said:

Yeah, great commercial, although I wish the roles were reversed and send the Phillies fan to the back. 

Insert curse word the Phillies. 

Just now, Malachore said:

I'm saying they are juiced.

Yeah, I couldn't tell since I was only seeing a piece of the conversation. You're totally right. Only an idiot would believe that the Balls aren't juiced. When you've got all the current and former players admitting that you can hold the a ball from today and compare it to a ball from 5 years ago and feel the difference, well, yeah. Anyone that tries to get you to believe differently is delusional.

Malachore likes this

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

He’d easily win a arm wrastlng contest against my 250 pound ***. (I used to be skinny and pretty now I’m just pretty) lol. 

Dude would beat me too. Id still talk all kinds of **** up until the point that he humiliated me though :lol:

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Did they physically go to a game and remove a ball?

I believe the people who actually play the game. It's not a coincidence <insert head in sand comment here>.

well, well, well.  what do we have here. no wonder folks ignoring these comments...:lol:  Thats TWO major leaguers who have come out and said the balls are juiced.  Brian Jordan on the Braves pregame show and now Verlander came out TODAY and said they are juiced.  YOUR STARTER FOR THE ALLSTAR GAME SAYS THE BALLS ARE JUICED...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27149029/verlander-mlb-juicing-balls-more-offense

American League All-Star Game starter Justin Verlander told ESPN on Monday that the balls used in Major League Baseball games this season are "a f---ing joke" and that he believes "100 percent" that the league has implemented juiced balls to increase offense.

Conversations about a juiced ball have percolated since after the All-Star break in 2015, after which home runs spiked. They are up nearly 60% from the 2014 season, and MLB commissioner Rob Manfred commissioned a study to investigate whether the balls were contributing to the home run spike. It concluded the balls were performing differently but didn't attribute a reason. In June 2018, one month after the study was released, MLB bought Rawlings, the supplier of the official major league ball.

"It's a f---ing joke," said Verlander, an eight-time All-Star who is starting his second All-Star Game on Tuesday. "Major League Baseball's turning this game into a joke. They own Rawlings, and you've got Manfred up here saying it might be the way they center the pill. They own the f---ing company. If any other $40 billion company bought out a $400 million company and the product changed dramatically, it's not a guess as to what happened. We all know what happened. Manfred the first time he came in, what'd he say? He said we want more offense. All of a sudden he comes in, the balls are juiced? It's not coincidence. We're not idiots."

Asked if he believed the balls were intentionally juiced by the league, 

, Verlander said: "Yes. 100 percent. They've been using juiced balls in the Home Run Derby forever. They know how to do it. It's not coincidence. I find it really hard to believe that Major League Baseball owns Rawlings and just coincidentally the balls become juiced."

Manfred, who became commissioner in 2015, acknowledged Monday on ESPN's Golic and Wingo the difference in the balls. He has denied any involvement from the league in changing the composition of the ball.

Edited by slickgadawg
Malachore likes this

Love Ronald. Dude is the perfect representative of this event. Great young man. I’m a HUGE fan of this young man. My number one draft pick! Probably not the best for Fantasy but I didn’t care. My dude!

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

well, well, well.  what do we have here. no wonder folks ignoring these comments...:lol:  Thats TWO major leaguers who have come out and said the balls are juiced.  Brian Jordan on the Braves pregame show and now Verlander came out TODAY and said they are juiced.  YOUR STARTER FOR THE ALLSTAR GAME SAYS THE BALLS ARE JUICED...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27149029/verlander-mlb-juicing-balls-more-offense

American League All-Star Game starter Justin Verlander told ESPN on Monday that the balls used in Major League Baseball games this season are "a f---ing joke" and that he believes "100 percent" that the league has implemented juiced balls to increase offense.

Conversations about a juiced ball have percolated since after the All-Star break in 2015, after which home runs spiked. They are up nearly 60% from the 2014 season, and MLB commissioner Rob Manfred commissioned a study to investigate whether the balls were contributing to the home run spike. It concluded the balls were performing differently but didn't attribute a reason. In June 2018, one month after the study was released, MLB bought Rawlings, the supplier of the official major league ball.

"It's a f---ing joke," said Verlander, an eight-time All-Star who is starting his second All-Star Game on Tuesday. "Major League Baseball's turning this game into a joke. They own Rawlings, and you've got Manfred up here saying it might be the way they center the pill. They own the f---ing company. If any other $40 billion company bought out a $400 million company and the product changed dramatically, it's not a guess as to what happened. We all know what happened. Manfred the first time he came in, what'd he say? He said we want more offense. All of a sudden he comes in, the balls are juiced? It's not coincidence. We're not idiots."

Asked if he believed the balls were intentionally juiced by the league, 

, Verlander said: "Yes. 100 percent. They've been using juiced balls in the Home Run Derby forever. They know how to do it. It's not coincidence. I find it really hard to believe that Major League Baseball owns Rawlings and just coincidentally the balls become juiced."

Manfred, who became commissioner in 2015, acknowledged Monday on ESPN's Golic and Wingo the difference in the balls. He has denied any involvement from the league in changing the composition of the ball.

There's more than that though, players have been saying since last year how they feel different when handling them *gigitty*.

It's easier to hit pull homeruns. Ronald Acuna Jr.'s homeruns are more impressive because he's hitting them to center and right field.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

There's more than that though, players have been saying since last year how they feel different when handling them *gigitty*.

What got my attention is they got greedy.  When they went over to London and put up that record number of runs it got my attention and I started focusing on those homeruns.  Them balls are juiced big time... 

Malachore likes this

Just now, UGABOZ said:

Acuna can win this thing

I hope he can, but vlad jr has 58 dingers already.

It's rigged.  Vlad is going to win although he should be disqualified.  

The next pirch can't be thrown until the ball lands.  

Just now, Alaxar said:

This year nobody has followed the rule. Harper ruined it last year

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I hope he can, but vlad jr has 58 dingers already.

Yet might not make it to finals 

Just now, Drew4719 said:

WTH? He hit 30! That’s some bs!

Im a little confused as well i thought we counted 30 but maybe im wrong.

2 minutes ago, Alaxar said:

They dont enforce that rule. Every hitter has been doing it. 

Drew4719 likes this