Jump to content

Jimmy Moreland will be BETTER than Kendall Sheffield


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think both could be special.  Sheffield is faster, more technical while Moreland plays the ball at an elite level.  Sure wish you could combine the two

 

But neither has done squat, yet.  So let’s let them earn a starting spot first.

To me Sheffield could be out of the league in a few years but he could also be Patrick Peterson

Moreland has more staying power. Could be a Morris Claiborne. Nothing popular but definitely a solid corner. Possibly even a Josh Norman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

To me Sheffield could be out of the league in a few years but he could also be Patrick Peterson

Moreland has more staying power. Could be a Morris Claiborne. Nothing popular but definitely a solid corner. Possibly even a Josh Norman.

He is a great risk/reward pick in the 4th.  I know KOG loves his versatility so we shall see.  Hopefully both Sheff & Moreland have 10+ year careers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

If he can improve once the ball is in the air, watch out.  Could look back in 4 years and wonder how a 4.2 guy with his skillset lasted until the 4th

I think....as othes have said.....that free safety may be his best position. Quinn says he will play boundary corner if I remember correctly. I'm not confident but maybe he can be coached up. I hope that's the case. I think he lasted that long because his ball skills aren't as good as his physical traits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I think....as othes have said.....that free safety may be his best position. Quinn says he will play boundary corner if I remember correctly. I'm not confident but maybe he can be coached up. I hope that's the case. I think he lasted that long because his ball skills aren't as good as his physical traits.

I don’t disagree. He will likely have a Rico career trajectory.  Start in the slot.  Once you can play effectively in the slot, you can pretty much play any position in the secondary

“As offenses evolved and started moving their top receivers and athletic tight ends in the slot to create mismatches, defenses responded by turning the slot corner into a roving weapon, moving him around the field like a queen on a chessboard. The modern slot corner may be asked to guard a shifty Julian Edelman or a monstrous Rob Gronkowski. He may contribute in the run game. Or blitz the quarterback. On any given play, he may have to act as a pass-rusher, a linebacker or a shutdown corner.”

So it’s the toughest spot in the secondary IMO and a great place to learn multiple positions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I don’t disagree. He will likely have a Rico career trajectory.  Start in the slot.  Once you can play effectively in the slot, you can pretty much play any position in the secondary

As offenses evolved and started moving their top receivers and athletic tight ends in the slot to create mismatches, defenses responded by turning the slot corner into a roving weapon, moving him around the field like a queen on a chessboard. The modern slot corner may be asked to guard a shifty Julian Edelman or a monstrous Rob Gronkowski. He may contribute in the run game. Or blitz the quarterback. On any given play, he may have to act as a pass-rusher, a linebacker or a shutdown corner.

So it’s the toughest spot in the secondary IMO and a great place to learn multiple positions

I'm glad Poole is gone. Excited to see Kazee in the slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I don’t disagree. He will likely have a Rico career trajectory.  Start in the slot.  Once you can play effectively in the slot, you can pretty much play any position in the secondary

As offenses evolved and started moving their top receivers and athletic tight ends in the slot to create mismatches, defenses responded by turning the slot corner into a roving weapon, moving him around the field like a queen on a chessboard. The modern slot corner may be asked to guard a shifty Julian Edelman or a monstrous Rob Gronkowski. He may contribute in the run game. Or blitz the quarterback. On any given play, he may have to act as a pass-rusher, a linebacker or a shutdown corner.

So it’s the toughest spot in the secondary IMO and a great place to learn multiple positions

Regardless of where he plays, we need him to be a contributor in the new secondary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Kazee is the real world version of what people are hoping Jimmy Moreland will be for the Redskins.

Kazee is way bigger so can be used in the box. Moreland can’t.  I think he moves to the outside in a year or two and plays like Grimes as a comp 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...