Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Thanks to Monoxide for all he has done.

145 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They are bad but neither can hold a candle to the freakin epistles TheDirtyWord writes. I've never made it past one of his intro paragraphs.

you got to give him props tho for writing what i think is unique content and not cut and paste

5 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

i do less with more all the time!  

Of course VT, I’m open to the very strong possibility that it could be due to some of our abnormally short attention spans in here too, LOL.

GhostofGritz and VTCrunkler like this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Those come and go. Overall, it’s kept to a minimum. Not because of mods, but more by members not condoning that nonsense. 

For every ‘bad’ thread in here, there’s 2 of these that can touch you in a meaningfully good way:

Bottom line is we all have freedom to contribute to a positive thread or subject or take issue with it and fight or just move on.

Mods don’t have to make every single thread comply. Something egregious is one thing but technicalities alone can be mindless. Not every situation is the same but posters can add to, subtract, or avoid threads.

As others said: Mods have a thankless job and if they didn’t do their job at all the boards would eventually be shut down.

Edited by Schwarzwald
FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

Just now, Vandy said:

Of course, I’m open to the very strong possibility that it could be due to some of our short attention spans too. 

hence the TLDR concept.  i like bullet points...the full length feature is just too much sometime...maybe TDWII can start making powerpoints!

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Bottom line is we all have freedom to contribute to a positive thread or subject or take issue with it and fight or just move on.

Mods don’t have to make every single thread comply. Something egregious is one thing but technicalities alone can be mindless. Not every situation is the same but posters can add to, subtract, or avoid threads.

As others said: Mods have a thankless job and if they didn’t do their job at all the boards would eventually be shut down.

Very well said.

Schwarzwald likes this

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Very well said.

Thanks, same to you sir!

We don’t always agree (who does??), but we all mean what we say and have valid points. Better than straight trolling.

i gotta work on that tl;dr aspect as @VTCrunkler stated :lol:

:tiphat:

Vandy likes this

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Of course VT, I’m open to the very strong possibility that it could be due to some of our abnormally short attention spans too, LOL.

Hahah. That was a good one V

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

you got to give him props tho for writing what i think is unique content and not cut and paste

DirtyWord is a very solid contributor.  Like me, he is stubborn which often creates an air of arrogance.  But he certainly offers a different POV which will be supported by logic and numbers.  I appreciate that

Vandy and VTCrunkler like this

Wow! Mono has been here pretty much as long as me if I recall correctly, over 20 years.

You've done a fantastic job as moderator my brother, we are losing a good one here. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your service!!!

I hope you plan on still posting!

36 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

@Monoxide

Well done. Stay around for our first title! :)

I meant to ask Mono how he was fairing after the devastating Tornado in Lebanon.  Did it impact you at all?

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

DirtyWord is a very solid contributor.  Like me, he is stubborn which often creates an air of arrogance.  But he certainly offers a different POV which will be supported by logic and numbers.  I appreciate that

That’s what is needed here. Variety. Different vantage points.  I am learning that he may be a little stubborn/arrogant.  I see TDW as a treasure to the board. 

12 hours ago, Black Francis said:

It’s time for everyone to step down in my estimation. This board has become trash, my contributions duly noted. The death of this board is upon us. Message boards in general are dying off. Get a Twitter account folks. Time marches on.  

Twitter sukks, no thx. 

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, Schwarzwald said:

Can you go ahead and bring back ErgosP

Schwarzwald likes this

37 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Twitter sukks, no thx. 

If the younger generation(s) keep coming here then we’re golden. If not...it will go away. 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Thanks, same to you sir!

We don’t always agree (who does??), but we all mean what we say and have valid points. Better than straight trolling.

i gotta work on that tl;dr aspect as @VTCrunkler stated :lol:

:tiphat:

He is back, baby.  Break out your reading glasses cause the long winded assassin is back to bring the pain

Schwarzwald likes this