Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Thanks to Monoxide for all he has done.

145 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

You know, that's a great question. For me, it's probably the brevity. Because of the character limit, people need to get their opinions and/or points across rather quickly.

I enjoy that part of it a lot.

@Schwarzwald is SOL

Ergo Proxy and GhostofGritz like this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

do you think there should be a character limit here?  or is that too constricting and that forums are just verbose in nature?

No, I don't think a character limit here would necessarily revive this message board...even though to be honest I don't even click on or read the threads of posters on here who I know are long-winded.

I think another really big part of why this place doesn't seem as active or fun as it used to be is familiarity. We all kind of know each other...each others' posting styles, etc.

For me, on Twitter, I seem to be meeting new Falcons fans every couple of weeks or so.

VTCrunkler likes this

13 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

what did it used to be like that was good?

Yeah I've been here as a reader or poster since before Vick was drafted. There use to be a lot more serious falcon fans that had good info. They came here to talk sports and anything else was sent to ABF. It just seems like there are a lot more personal attacks than there use to be. 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I have twitter but I absolutely hate it. Thinking about shutting down the Facebook too

Yeah, I've considered dropping FB. So much junk on there and some with there every living thought poured out. Most of them I unfollow and just check on them on occasion. FB is great for sharing family pictures and such tho, sigh.

21 hours ago, LouDog said:

Yeah I've been here as a reader or poster since before Vick was drafted. There use to be a lot more serious falcon fans that had good info. They came here to talk sports and anything else was sent to ABF. It just seems like there are a lot more personal attacks than there use to be. 

Those come and go. Overall, it’s kept to a minimum. Not because of mods, but more by members not condoning that nonsense. 

For every ‘bad’ thread in here, there’s 3 of these that can touch you in a meaningfully good way:

LouDog, NeonDeion, Yo_Lover and 6 others like this

9 hours ago, Black Francis said:

It’s time for everyone to step down in my estimation. This board has become trash, my contributions duly noted. The death of this board is upon us. Message boards in general are dying off. Get a Twitter account folks. Time marches on.  

If I want to experience Twitter I will just jump in a sewer LOL

Iron Saint likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Those come and go. Overall, it’s kept to a minimum. Not because of mods, but more by members not condoning that nonsense. 

For every ‘bad’ thread in here, there’s 3 of these that can touch you in a meaningfully good way:

This, that thread is amazing. Everyone gave support and even those posters who don't believe in a higher power didn't bring their opinion there like the do the other threads.

It's nice to see some thing are still respected.

@Monoxide

Yours is ultimately a thankless job.  I unfortunately added to that over the past two weeks and for that I apologize.  How you’ve managed so long is a testament to your love of the Falcons and AFMB.  

Look forward to seeing you once the season starts.  

Enjoy your sabbatical...of anyone still posting here, you’ve earned a break.  

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

@Monoxide

Yours is ultimately a thankless job.  I unfortunately added to that over the past two weeks and for that I apologize.  How you’ve managed so long is a testament to your love of the Falcons and AFMB.  

Look forward to seeing you once the season starts.  

Enjoy your sabbatical...of anyone still posting here, you’ve earned a break.  

Ditto

1 hour ago, GhostofGritz said:

No, I don't think a character limit here would necessarily revive this message board...even though to be honest I don't even click on or read the threads of posters on here who I know are long-winded.

I think another really big part of why this place doesn't seem as active or fun as it used to be is familiarity. We all kind of know each other...each others' posting styles, etc.

For me, on Twitter, I seem to be meeting new Falcons fans every couple of weeks or so.

The lack of new blood. Yeah there seems to be a barrier to new folks getting in here. I’ve heard of two week wait times..

23 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If I want to experience Twitter I will just jump in a sewer LOL

Sewer will build your immunity if the grasses do t get you lol

59 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I remember a lot of cussing and other vulgarities in the Vick era...

there is an uptick in personal attacks now tho. Maybe the whole familiarity thing coming to play. 

Thing is it’s the off-season and football related content is limited...

LouDog and papachaz like this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I remember a lot of cussing and other vulgarities in the Vick era...

there is an uptick in personal attacks now tho. Maybe the whole familiarity thing coming to play. 

Thing is it’s the off-season and football related content is limited...

There was a group that definetly stirred the pot. Then all of the other boards started up (OG Barbershop, FFF, etc.) And that stopped for the most part. Except for their planned out sneak attacks from time to time lmao

Edited by LouDog
VTCrunkler likes this

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

There was a group that definetly stirred the pot. Then all of the other boards started up (OG Barbershop, FFF, etc.) And that stopped for the most part. Except for their planned out sneak attacks from time to time lmao

I vaguely remember barbershop

32 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The lack of new blood. Yeah there seems to be a barrier to new folks getting in here. I’ve heard of two week wait times..

Months upon months lol

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I have twitter but I absolutely hate it. Thinking about shutting down the Facebook too

I have considered that as well....I have twitter, but have logged in to it once probably in the last 2 years. The only thing going for Facebook right now is marketplace, because I like to buy and sell stuff as a hobby. I do post in a couple of groups there, and as you know, most of my threads are either cooking, camping or grandkids....it is a good way to keep up with family that's scattered across several states too, so there's that.

This board is way too active right now to just go away, and the hits on game day are too much for any business to just disregard. I disagree that it's going away

VTCrunkler and Chaz like this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

This, that thread is amazing. Everyone gave support and even those posters who don't believe in a higher power didn't bring their opinion there like the do the other threads.

It's nice to see some thing are still respected.

yeah, add in the ones like Slappywhites final thread this time last year, mashburns medical, threads about babies born, there are a LOT of things we share here like family...I mean yes I have real family I don't like too, LOL but they're still family.

We're all Falcons family, related mostly by the tears we've shed through the years. Some of disagree with each other a lot, but at the end of the day we're all pulling for our team to win

Yo_Lover, The Branch, Vandy and 4 others like this

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Bro. There were way more personal attacks back in the 2001-2004 era. And the Mod let most of them go. It would get downright nasty.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL....He and Ergo in competition for re-writing next ‘War and Peace’ epic novel......

They are bad but neither can hold a candle to the freakin epistles TheDirtyWord writes. I've never made it past one of his intro paragraphs.