Jump to content

UGA-Georgia-Related-News


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

Awesome stuff. Did you guys know that Ladd McConkey was taking college courses from a community college near his high school while he was a Junior and Senior and he already has his associates deg

Posted Images

I could see Muschamp laying low in Athens until his SCjr gravy train runs empty.   This would allow him to hedge his bets that Lanning and Schumann take HC roles.

I also feel that Muschamp might be the person that Kirby would finally be able to trust with the defense. 

I am a firm believer that if we are going to see a NC, that Kirby has to give up the reigns to the defense.   No one can convince me that he has,  as it is clear he is so heavily invested in every defensive play.   He is constantly jumping and flailing and yelling and redirecting players from the sideline.   He has a pullback coach because he is so embedded in every defensive play that he doesn't know where the sideline ends.   That is great energy,  but also bad for a HC.  Kirby needs to be 3 plays ahead,  making key strategic decisions, but because he is so entrenched in each play he continually makes poor game clock management decisions,  ill advised timeouts or lack thereof,  etc.

Watch Dabo and Urban, they are true Head Coaches,  who have fully delegated play calling and responsibilities.   Kirby is a DC masquerading as a HC.

But we are more relevant under Kirby than Richt and I have learned to temper my expectations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cockybrit said:

I could see Muschamp laying low in Athens until his SCjr gravy train runs empty.   This would allow him to hedge his bets that Lanning and Schumann take HC roles.

I also feel that Muschamp might be the person that Kirby would finally be able to trust with the defense. 

I am a firm believer that if we are going to see a NC, that Kirby has to give up the reigns to the defense.   No one can convince me that he has,  as it is clear he is so heavily invested in every defensive play.   He is constantly jumping and flailing and yelling and redirecting players from the sideline.   He has a pullback coach because he is so embedded in every defensive play that he doesn't know where the sideline ends.   That is great energy,  but also bad for a HC.  Kirby needs to be 3 plays ahead,  making key strategic decisions, but because he is so entrenched in each play he continually makes poor game clock management decisions,  ill advised timeouts or lack thereof,  etc.

Watch Dabo and Urban, they are true Head Coaches,  who have fully delegated play calling and responsibilities.   Kirby is a DC masquerading as a HC.

But we are more relevant under Kirby than Richt and I have learned to temper my expectations.

Kirby is gonna tear an ACL jumping up and down like that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

defense has been good? I def think w our talent we could double our sack numbers, but overall good. I thought he put to much of a hold on play calling- offense. Muschamp will help a lot I believe and I think w monken and Daniels next season may be different. 

Double our sack total?  Didn’t we lead the Sec in sacks last year?  We can increase the total but I don’t know about doubling them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Double our sack total?  Didn’t we lead the Sec in sacks last year?  We can increase the total but I don’t know about doubling them.

Despite all the pressure, Kirby isn't even a big sacks guy. He prefers is more about converting that pressure into offensive mistakes.

Edited by AutumnEffect
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems awfully bizarre.  I would think at this point UGA PD and the athletic departments have a good working relationship.   This doesn't make the light of day at 99% of other campuses.  Feels like Kirby might have given the 'proverbial' green light with the end goal of opening up another scholly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cockybrit said:

Seems awfully bizarre.  I would think at this point UGA PD and the athletic departments have a good working relationship.   This doesn't make the light of day at 99% of other campuses.  Feels like Kirby might have given the 'proverbial' green light with the end goal of opening up another scholly.

DRob won’t count against our scholly count for 2021 as he is one of the Srs given an extra season due to COVID

Link to post
Share on other sites

All season tickets for 2021 in Sanford Stadium will be digital, apparently with no options for those of us who prefer an actual printed ticket. Look for many more tickets to become available, digitally of course, after the April 1 renewal deadline.

UGAA's digital ticket requirement virtually guarantees my HD option....and probably for many more of us baby boomer aged fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, ECDawg78 said:

All season tickets for 2021 in Sanford Stadium will be digital, apparently with no options for those of us who prefer an actual printed ticket. Look for many more tickets to become available, digitally of course, after the April 1 renewal deadline.

UGAA's digital ticket requirement virtually guarantees my HD option....and probably for many more of us baby boomer aged fans.

HD option?  Sorry, I’ve never been able to afford season tickets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...