UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

On 1/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, fibonaccisquared said:

Ugh. Per my wife (it's her job to know), Cancer Centers of America *may not* be the best place to be going. Better service experience as they're very patient centric in that regard, but outcome data not released to insurers/employers (which is generally not a good sign) and 30-40% more expensive than other places deemed centers of excellence (based on outcome) - to the point that they are often carved out of insurance plans (even as out of network providers).

Definitely hope things go better for her though second time around and that she's getting the best care that she can.

Your wife is correct. They incorporate alternative "medicine" in their treatment plans, which is a fancy way of saying they use a bunch of pseudoscience quackery that doesn't actually do anything constructive. If alternative medicine actually worked it wouldn't be called alternative medicine, it would just be called medicine. 

I'm sorry, I normally wouldn't say anything about someone's treatment plans; it's just extremely annoying when people push things on people that don't have any basis in reality: especially when they are basically stealing money from people. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, SacFalcFan said:

It’s not really uga related but can you tell me how old Matt Stafford was when he was drafted?  I think he finished high school early. But did that  put him at 19 coming out of uga in 2009?  So he’s 32 now. And Matt Ryan is 35. There is one year separating their draft class and three years separating them. I understand the math of the months may account for a year and the early high school finish for another. But how is he so much younger than MR?

5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

It’s not really uga related but can you tell me how old Matt Stafford was when he was drafted?  I think he finished high school early. But did that  put him at 19 coming out of uga in 2009?  So he’s 32 now. And Matt Ryan is 35. There is one year separating their draft class and three years separating them. I understand the math of the months may account for a year and the early high school finish for another. But how is he so much younger than MR?

Pretty sure Ryan stayed all 4 years, staff was just 3, only thing I know but that’s just one year. Maybe EE vs not, not sure on ther-

11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Ryan was at BC from 2004 - 2007.  
Stafford was at UGA from 2006 - 2008.

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

I still remember one of the first jaw dropping plays I saw him make. Cleveland took a Kentucky DT that had gotten both hands inside on him and had underneath leverage, grabbed both his shoulder pads, lifted him up, proceeded to walk him backwards. One of the most dominant displays of strength I've ever seen.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:43 PM, Cockybrit said:

Stafford traded to LA Rams for Goff

great trade for the Rams and for the Lions.. The Lions get draft picks which may or may not be good ones with their bad history.. The Rams get rid of a lot of dead money to the Lions and Goff who is horrible.  They get Stafford who still has a good 5 years of playing at a high level and Stafford gets a real good football organization and coach and a ton more talent around him.. 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I can't stand that Crook Pearl.   That said, Crean was brought to UGA because it was thought he could get these in-state studs to Athens.  He has not.   I'm not sure how he got Antman to Athens and I'm not sure I want to know.   It's one thing to lose these in-state 5 starts to UNC, UK, DUKE, etc, but we should not be losing them to Allbarn.

Georgia hires Will Muschamp to support staff

ByJAKE ROWE 32 minutes ago

Kirby Smart is reuniting with Will Muschamp for a third time. Smart told reporters via Zoom on Wednesday that he has has tapped Muschamp to join his staff in an off-field role as a defensive analyst. Muschamp was fired from his post as South Carolina's head coach in November. 

"He'll coach the coaches," Smart said when asked about Muschamp.

Muschamp reportedly declined an the opportunity to become the defensive coordinator at Texas a couple of days ago and will return to his alma mater where he'll see plenty of his oldest son. Jackson Muschamp is in his first year as a walk-on quarterback for the Bulldogs. 

After a five-year career at UGA that began as a walk-on, Muschamp began his coaching career as an Auburn graduate assistant in 1995. He spent two years there before coaching defensive backs at West Georgia in 1998 and Eastern Kentucky in 1999. Chris Hatcher hired him as the defensive backs coach and defensive coordinator at Valdosta State in 2000 and that's the first time he and Smart had the chance to coach on the same staff. 

Muschamp was part of the hiring process that brought Smart to VSU where the current UGA head coach assisted with the defensive backs. Muschamp left Valdosta State to coach linebackers at LSU under Nick Saban in 2001 and Smart was promoted to defensive coordinator for Valdosta State. Saban promoted Muschamp to defensive coordinator at LSU in 2002 and he spent three years in that role, helping the Tigers to a National Championship in 2003. Smart and Muschamp reunited in 2004 with the latter calling the defense and the former coaching the secondary. 

When Saban jumped to the NFL to coach the Miami Dolphins in 2005, Muschamp made the move with him as the defensive head coach. Smart spent the 2005 season at UGA, coaching running backs. After a year in Miami, Muschamp served for two seasons as the defensive coordinator at Auburn and two more seasons in the same role at Texas where he was named "head coach in waiting" under Mack Brown. Before that came to fruition, Muschamp was hired as the head coach at Florida in 2011. He spent four years there, amassing a record of 28-21. 

In 2015, Muschamp was Auburn's defensive coordinator but was hired away at season's end to become the head coach at South Carolina. He took that job the same year that Smart became UGA's head coach. Muschamp went 28-30 as the leader of the Gamecocks' program. Muschamp's time as a college head coach has seen him go 2-6 against Georgia. He's a Rome, Ga. native and a product of The Darlington School.