UGA-Georgia-Related-News

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

no idea.. you know mock drafts are the worst.. they socalled analysts are clueless on many guys and you have nfl guys who like to pretend they are the smartest guys in the room and take guys earlier then they should have because of their 40 time and not their on the field play.  webb and daniel made zero sense.. both should have returned. 

Why would Daniel and Webb return? Their seniors. Probably have their degree or very close. It's not like they are going to get much better at Georgia (imo). I think they take there shot and if it doesn't work move on with life. Can't play forever. Why take more hits for free? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted Images

8 hours ago, GAbred said:

Why would Daniel and Webb return? Their seniors. Probably have their degree or very close. It's not like they are going to get much better at Georgia (imo). I think they take there shot and if it doesn't work move on with life. Can't play forever. Why take more hits for free? 

Is this a serious post?

51 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Is this a serious post?

Yeah. I guess it's crazy. If their seniors I just don't see why they would be criticized for not coming back. They are seniors right? 

Does that not make sense? What does coming back do for them? Maybe Daniel could get more PT.

11 hours ago, GAbred said:

Yeah. I guess it's crazy. If their seniors I just don't see why they would be criticized for not coming back. They are seniors right? 

Does that not make sense? What does coming back do for them? Maybe Daniel could get more PT.

Maybe they want to finish degrees, start grad school, play for a National championship, improve their chances in the draft? All of those seem like valid reasons to me. 

21 hours ago, GAbred said:

Daniel? Is he a senior?

I think JT Daniels has every reason NOT to turn pro, sorry but he is not a home run NFL guy by any means

19 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Maybe they want to finish degrees, start grad school, play for a National championship, improve their chances in the draft? All of those seem like valid reasons to me. 

Those are good reasons. But not choosing that route after four or five years is fine as well especially if they have a degree. I admit I assumed they had their degree with summer school and four years. 

I disagree with criticising them as if they are foolish for wanting to move on. 

2 hours ago, GAbred said:

Those are good reasons. But not choosing that route after four or five years is fine as well especially if they have a degree. I admit I assumed they had their degree with summer school and four years. 

I disagree with criticising them as if they are foolish for wanting to move on. 

I agree. I try not to get into criticizing player’s decisions for staying or going. We are fans and usually look at it from a purely fan or purely football perspective. There are always many reasons below the surface that someone could chose to stay or go that most of us will never know about. Not everybody will make the right choice in hindsight but it’s their decision. At the end of the day I cheer like **** if they come back and root for success in wherever life takes them if they don’t. 

14 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Any word on Gilbert?  No news is bad news imo. 

The smoke is he's UF, but we really can't say for sure.

I'd be surprised if that genuinely is his choice, since it looks like to me he'd be, yet again, chasing last year's success with a completely new offense.

1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

The smoke is he's UF, but we really can't say for sure.

I'd be surprised if that genuinely is his choice, since it looks like to me he'd be, yet again, chasing last year's success with a completely new offense.

If he goes to UF he’s dumb as ****. If Trask was still there I’d understand it but he’s not. Who’s gonna throw to him?

From SoFl

Posted in the experienced player returning thread a couple of days ago. Yeah Zamir is anticipated to return based on the feedback he got from NFL. Obviously you can’t feed 6 RBs and all the weapons we have on the perimeter so someone will probably exit. Haven’t heard anything on an RB exit as of today.

2 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:
SoFl_Dawg

SoFl_Dawg

Administrator
Rusty just dropped a note saying a source in South Florida is telling him that he believes TS7 is going to enter the portal because a "[p]erson close to him wants him closer to home."

Yeah if he does he does. It’s BS though, TS7 wants out of Athens.

Would love for him to stay in Athens at star.