UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Tyson Campbell to the NFL as expected. Hopefully he blows up the combine and goes early. The talent is there.

We need T. Stevenson to stick around and hopefully grab someone or 2 from the teleporter.

What about Webb and Daniel?

1 hour ago, jeffro2000 said:

Tyson Campbell to the NFL as expected. Hopefully he blows up the combine and goes early. The talent is there.

We need T. Stevenson to stick around and hopefully grab someone or 2 from the teleporter.

yep

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I like his film review generally, but hate that he had to gate the majority of it behind Patreon... I think he said he was having issues with copyright concerns, but I don't really understand how that wouldn't qualify for fair use. Now most of his YT vids are 50% fluff.

When people are willing to pay for your product, you sell it. Dude has something that isn't being offered elsewhere in the community. Why wouldn't he use this approach?

1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

When people are willing to pay for your product, you sell it. Dude has something that isn't being offered elsewhere in the community. Why wouldn't he use this approach?

If it ends up working out for him long term, great. But with the depreciating quality of his YT content, I'm going to speculate that he'll find it's hard to drive as much traffic to the Patreon channel over time. Time will tell though. 

14 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

If it ends up working out for him long term, great. But with the depreciating quality of his YT content, I'm going to speculate that he'll find it's hard to drive as much traffic to the Patreon channel over time. Time will tell though. 

I'm sure his focus is on keeping the subscribers he's been able to grab so far. Hopefully he doesn't disservice the quality of his stuff by underselling it on YT.

5 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Basically a gamble on his 40 time... given that he knows his speed potential, probably a good gamble... but the on field performance has probably been closer to early 3rd round than 1st round by itself. Measurements and combine performance will likely determine where he lands, but hopefully it all works out and he goes no later than 2nd round (ideally in the 1st).

7 hours ago, GAbred said:

Campbell could have really used another year. I hope it works out for him. He could be a day 1/2 guy with another year, but I don't see that for him this year.

Would be shocked if he falls past the 2nd round. He's our best CB, who consistently covered the other teams best WR. He's not fully polished yet, but he only started playing CB his senior year of high school. And the physical gifts are beyond impressive. Don't be surprised when he is drafted before Stokes.  

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

so will muschamp is joining UGA in an off the field role..  

3 hours ago, fuego said:

This speculation? I can't find anything on it. 

It's not speculation, just not announced as of yet. He will be an analyst. Any salary he were to take from another school is subtracted from his buyout contract with USC, so there is really no point in going after another high paying job if he want's to take a year to spend around his son at UGA. 

He was reportedly already with the team for bowl practices and working around some of our kids. 

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Would be shocked if he falls past the 2nd round. He's our best CB, who consistently covered the other teams best WR. He's not fully polished yet, but he only started playing CB his senior year of high school. And the physical gifts are beyond impressive. Don't be surprised when he is drafted before Stokes.  

Gotta say.. I feel like I saw him get beat more than others. Struggled to get his head around. Stokes looked like the much better of the two. 

26 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

BTW, SoFL is saying our coaching staff is working very hard trying to get Zeus to return for his senior year. Obviously they know more than I do, but from the outside looking in I don't actually like this move. Would rather see more touches for Cook, Milton, and KMac. 

100% 

32 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Gotta say.. I feel like I saw him get beat more than others. Struggled to get his head around. Stokes looked like the much better of the two. 

Stokes is better in zone coverage but I feel Campbell was better in man. Everyone gets on to Campbell for not getting his head around but he’s right there every time. As Random said Campbell is still young as a DB, he will improve greatly in the Pros. He will also light up the combine too

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

And Campbell was generally covering the better WR, soooo. 

😐

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Stokes is better in zone coverage but I feel Campbell was better in man. Everyone gets on to Campbell for not getting his head around but he’s right there every time. As Random said Campbell is still young as a DB, he will improve greatly in the Pros. He will also light up the combine too

Well, it’s a stigma.. not getting your head around and being right there will normally get you a flag in the league. I just feel he’d be better served, both mentally and financially, to stick around another year. 

11 hours ago, RandomFan said:

And Campbell was generally covering the better WR, soooo. 

That's more a product of who the offense wanted to match up on our corners, rather than who we wanted him covering, no? Honestly haven't spent that much time reviewing defensive film of late, but I know that while Deandre Baker was still in Athens, he essentially only ever covered one side of the field, regardless of where a receiver lined up. Have we altered our approach on this front?