UGA-Georgia-Related-News

McGarity wasnt exactly ALL bad. His frugalness actually paid off, cause pandemic and stuff. Our University is doing exceptionally well compared to others. Yes it took him way too long for the indoor practice facility, and we didn't pay our assistants what they were worth once upon a time.

But....it could have been worse, way worse. I hope he has an enjoyable retirement. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, theDIRTYcode said:

McGarity wasnt exactly ALL bad. His frugalness actually paid off, cause pandemic and stuff. Our University is doing exceptionally well compared to others. Yes it took him way too long for the indoor practice facility, and we didn't pay our assistants what they were worth once upon a time.

But....it could have been worse, way worse. I hope he has an enjoyable retirement. 

Anybody that can afford to retire..... I will wish them the best for sure. Never thought I’d have to work as long as I’ll end up if my health holds up. 

16 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Anybody that can afford to retire..... I will wish them the best for sure. Never thought I’d have to work as long as I’ll end up if my health holds up. 

I play poker once a week with 2 retired forestry rangers, both UGA alumni. One a WWII vet. They both draw more a month in retirement than I make working 60 hours a week, and I'm 39. The previous generation ****** us all over, and I apologize for bringing politics into this, it's just true.

8 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I play poker once a week with 2 retired forestry rangers, both UGA alumni. One a WWII vet. They both draw more a month in retirement than I make working 60 hours a week, and I'm 39. The previous generation ****** us all over, and I apologize for bringing politics into this, it's just true.

Understood, im old but the benefit packages offered to the generation 10 years older and more than me wont happen again. It got replaced with 401K and where i work now doesnt even offer that. 

14 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

When they sent all the factory jobs to China that was a wrap.

3 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Keep that crap out of here please.  Is there no place nowadays to get away from politics?

3 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Keep that crap out of here please.  Is there no place nowadays to get away from politics?

You're absolutely right, this isnt the time or the place. Go Dawgs.

Two ridiculous stats show how well Nick Chubb is playing in 2020

ByKIPP ADAMS 21 minutes ago

While four missed games due to a sprained MCL will prevent Nick Chubb from competing for the NFL's rushing title this season, the Cleveland Browns' star is still tearing the league up in his third season in the league. A pair of stats released in the last week show that Chubb is not only among the elite tailbacks in the NFL, but he has a chance to put himself in truly rare company if he continues his production for the rest of the season.

Per Pro Football Focus, Chubb is averaging 12.6 yards per carry in the fourth quarter, with the next closest running back at only 6.7 yards per carry in the fourth quarter. Via NFL research, Chubb, who is averaging 6.3 yards per carry this season, would become just the third player in the last 40 seasons and fifth in NFL history to average 100 rushing yards or more and at least six yards per carry among players who have played in five games or more. The last two - Adrian Peterson in 2012 and Barry Sanders in 1997, won the MVP that season. The other two were O.J. Simpson in 1973 and Jim Brown in 1963.

In three NFL seasons since being taken in the 2018 NFL Draft, Chubb has established himself as one of the league's brightest young stars, as the 24-year old has run for 3,209 yards and 22 touchdowns in 39 games for the Cleveland Browns, adding 62 catches for 476 yards and two touchdowns.

A second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Chubb entered his rookie season in a crowded backfield with veterans Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson. He only had three carries in his debut and 10 carries in his first four games, but became the starter after Hyde was traded. He would go on to record a 92-yard touchdown run, the longest rushing touchdown in franchise history, and would finish his rookie year with 192 carries for 992 yards and eight touchdowns, adding 20 catches for 149 yards and two touchdowns.

Last season saw Chubb gain 1,494 yards on 298 carries, scoring eight rushing touchdowns once again and adding 36 catches for 278 yards and earning his first Pro Bowl selection. Per NFL Next Gen Stats, he led the NFL with 4.9 yards gained after close-in, which ESPN describes as yards gained by a ball carrier after the first defender gets within a yard of him. That gives Chubb two highly productive NFL seasons, rushing for a total of 2,490 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Georgia football game against Vanderbilt postponed

Georgia football will not be playing Vanderbilt on Saturday and the game will be made up on Dec. 19, per the SEC league office.

This was Saturday was set to be Georgia’s final home game of the season.

Georgia also has a game against Missouri that needs to be made up as well. Vanderbilt has a game against Tennessee that needs to be made up as well. Both of those games would now appear set for Dec. 12.

According to Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger, Vanderbilt could not meet the overall numbers. The Commodores did fire head coach Derek Mason this past Sunday and Todd Fitch is the interim coach...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-vanderbilt-cancelled

EDITED AFTER INFO UPDATED. 

Justin Robinson's dad said this on another forum. Later clarified he was not talking about his son. Edited this post to reflect that.  

Right and don't forget, sometimes transfers have absolutely nothing to do with football. She wears makeup, always nice and is a freak but when you get married you find out 10 things about her that drives you crazy. How long before one of those things make you hit the road??

Edited by RandomFan
2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Justin Robinson's dad pretty much confirming on another board that his son is the "shocking" WR that we will be losing to the portal soon (before January for early enrollment spots). Good luck to the kid. Just didn't work out for whatever reason, but his dad has always been super cool and doesn't seem upset on the way out. 

Right and don't forget, sometimes transfers have absolutely nothing to do with football. She wears makeup, always nice and is a freak but when you get married you find out 10 things about her that drives you crazy. How long before one of those things make you hit the road??

Smh these kids want to take their ball and go home if they don’t start as a Freshman.  Not sure this is the case but sounds like it.