Jump to content

UGA-Georgia-Related-News


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yep.

 

6 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

It just seems like an attempt to put Smart in a bad light.

Don't need that article to put him in a bad light. He's done plenty since he took over the team to do that himself.

Don't come around during games. You might not be able to handle some of the talk about Kirby if that article hurt your feelings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

It just seems like an attempt to put Smart in a bad light.

I don't agree with the article at all.. it's been proven factually wrong by JT Daniel's dad comments.. It is very clear JT was hurt and wasn't 100% and Ron Courson and Kirby wouldn't risk his health to win games.. I know some coaches would have played him earlier, but Kirby isn't that type of coach.  I don't think Fuego had any ill will posting it though.. Heck I post articles I don't agree with at times, but do so since they are current articles about the team.  I am always about the person who wrote the article and not on the person posting it.  I don't want people to shy away from posting articles even if they are not putting UGA in a good light if it's a news worthy article..  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fuego said:

 

Don't need that article to put him in a bad light. He's done plenty since he took over the team to do that himself.

Don't come around during games. You might not be able to handle some of the talk about Kirby if that article hurt your feelings.

I agree he's done enough to be criticized and I've done some myself.  Maybe you've missed the info that came out since that's shed more light on the situation, including info from JTD's dad.  I definitely don't believe Kirby is beyond reproach just not in this case.

It seems like my post hurt your feelings more than the article hurt mine😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't agree with the article at all.. it's been proven factually wrong by JT Daniel's dad comments.. It is very clear JT was hurt and wasn't 100% and Ron Courson and Kirby wouldn't risk his health to win games.. I know some coaches would have played him earlier, but Kirby isn't that type of coach.  I don't think Fuego had any ill will posting it though.. Heck I post articles I don't agree with at times, but do so since they are current articles about the team.  I am always about the person who wrote the article and not on the person posting it.  I don't want people to shy away from posting articles even if they are not putting UGA in a good light if it's a news worthy article..  

I completely agree.  My intent wasn't to make someone shy away from it.  I just wondered why he would post something that's already been addressed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I agree he's done enough to be criticized and I've done some myself.  Maybe you've missed the info that came out since that's shed more light on the situation, including info from JTD's dad.  I definitely don't believe Kirby is beyond reproach just not in this case.

It seems like my post hurt your feelings more than the article hurt mine😄

Either way doesn’t matter- to many injuries, to young, and defense isn’t exactly elite: we not in osu, cu, and def not bamas league this year/ jt takes lil longer to make sure he’s ok, fine- first game next season is a huge one.. said million times but next year could really be it- 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Either way doesn’t matter- to many injuries, to young, and defense isn’t exactly elite: we not in osu, cu, and def not bamas league this year/ jt takes lil longer to make sure he’s ok, fine- first game next season is a huge one.. said million times but next year could really be it- 

Sadly, I thought last year was our best year after the 2017 season but we all know how that turned out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Mathis no longer with the team. Entering the TP

Confirmed. Kind of expected. He had flirted with leaving before this season but stuck it out. Really wanted him to come out and kill it, would have been an amazing story... unfortunately things just didn't pan out like he wanted. Seems like a great kid and I wish him the best. He has a lot of potential.

I'm interested to see what Carson Beck does. I expect him to leave also, but who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Confirmed. Kind of expected. He had flirted with leaving before this season but stuck it out. Really wanted him to come out and kill it, would have been an amazing story... unfortunately things just didn't pan out like he wanted. Seems like a great kid and I wish him the best. He has a lot of potential.

I'm interested to see what Carson Beck does. I expect him to leave also, but who knows.

Oh yeah, Beck is 100% gone. Surprised he wasn't the first one in the portal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Beck has checked out early on.. it's pretty pathetic on his part.. the guy is a true frosh and wasn't going to do jack this year.  we might need to take another qb in this class.. not joking. 

Depends if JT goes pro I would think. If so, then I could see us adding a grad transfer again. No room for another true freshman QB under the 25 scholly limit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Depends if JT goes pro I would think. If so, then I could see us adding a grad transfer again. No room for another true freshman QB under the 25 scholly limit. 

I can’t imagine that an NFL team would use a high draft pick on Daniels, after an average true freshman season, followed by an ACL injury and 4 - 5 games worth of film in 2020, against mediocre competition.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he stays I would like to think he’s smart enough to know he needs a good year and could be a lot better for him $$$. Hate to hear that about beck I was a fan for sure - and love the game , take what u can get and what’s working.. Arian was nice to see, cook coming back could be huge even though mediocre competition offense looks good. Love class move in the end by Kirby. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't sound like JT Daniels has any intentions of leaving.

Bulldog Bob has signaled that Daniels return for the 21 season is expected.

Radi also mentioned a report of someone speaking with Daniels this weekend and being told that he is returning for next season.

Think we can put this one to bed. He wants to get a full season with Monken and this offense under his belt and try to push his way into the 1st round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, SacFalcFan said:

Beck has checked out early on.. it's pretty pathetic on his part.. the guy is a true frosh and wasn't going to do jack this year.  we might need to take another qb in this class.. not joking. 

I kind of get it...with emergence of JT and knowing he will almost certainly be back - coupled with BVG on the horizon.

We live in a Ricky Bobby QB world.  “If you ain’t first, your last.”

Considering the last three Heisman winners were QB transfers and all these guys have the NFL dream as Freshman, it’s easy to understand.

Don’t like it, but understand it.  QB is only spot on field where if you aren’t starter, you just don’t play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, SacFalcFan said:

Beck has checked out early on.. it's pretty pathetic on his part.. the guy is a true frosh and wasn't going to do jack this year.  we might need to take another qb in this class.. not joking. 

I kind of get it...with emergence of JT and knowing he will almost certainly be back - coupled with BVG on the horizon.

We live in a Ricky Bobby QB world.  “If you ain’t first, your last.”

Considering the last three Heisman winners were QB transfers and all these guys have the NFL dream as Freshman, it’s easy to understand.

Don’t like it, but understand it.  QB is only spot on field where if you aren’t starter, you just don’t play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...