UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Game is postponed

Missouri vs. Georgia game postponed, fourth SEC game this week put on hold

The Missouri-Georgia game on Saturday will be postponed, the SEC announced on Wednesday. It has been postponed "due to positive tests, contact tracing and subsequent quarantine of individuals within the Missouri FB program," the SEC said in a statement on Twitter. In another statement, Missouri said because they had "a game tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Georgia at Missouri game will need to be evaluated." It is the fourth SEC game scheduled for this weekend to be postponed due to COVID-19 issues. The Alabama-LSU, Texas A&M-Tennessee and Auburn-Mississippi State games were all postponed earlier this week.

What this means for Missouri?

Peter Baugh, Missouri beat writer: Missouri coach Eliah Drinkwitz said Tuesday that one player's positive COVID-19 test led to a significant number of players in a position group quarantining due to contact tracing. The team tested Tuesday, so at least one other person in the program must have tested positive, considering the SEC statement cited multiple positive tests.

What's next for Georgia?

Seth Emerson, Georgia beat writer: Georgia now has an open date before next week's scheduled game against Mississippi State, which is dealing with its own Covid-19 issues, so nothing is assured. Georgia coach Kirby Smart said Tuesday his team "needed a game," coming off the Florida loss. But with the game now canceled, Smart said Wednesday the team would move to a sort of mini-spring practice, giving younger and inexperienced players more practice time. "We've got a plan to continue to work on us, and we've got plenty to work on." The Bulldogs have not experienced any major Covid-19 issues yet.

What's next for Missouri?

Baugh: Missouri already had a postponement due to an outbreak at Vanderbilt, and that makeup game was tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12. The SEC said it could play games on Dec. 19, though that would mean neither Missouri or Georgia were in the SEC Championship game.

Yeah some things are starting to break down as I feared they would. Logistically this could all become a real nightmare. Hopefully everyone will be alright and they can get back on track. Mizzou has to make up 2 games now. Heck we might have to as well if the Mississippi State game gets called. Hoping for the best. 

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I wouldn’t be mad if the Falcons took a shot at him.. Absolutely no risk and everything to gain 

* Also, the charges have been dropped against Baker. 

None of the circumstances around that made any sense whatsoever to me and always sounded like he was being set up. So glad for him that the charges were dropped.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, Carter said:

Makes me so happy that Baker's story was validated and charges all dropped.

I wouldn't be mad at all if he got his shot at redemption back in Atlanta. The chip on his shoulder right now must be the size of a boulder.

The hope is that he learned a few lessons.

1) the company you keep matters a lot, even more so when you have a lot to lose

2) no amount of talent in the world is going to replace the need for making good impressions around your focus, dedication, and work ethic

I would love to see the Falcons take a shot on him.