UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

Awesome stuff. Did you guys know that Ladd McConkey was taking college courses from a community college near his high school while he was a Junior and Senior and he already has his associates deg

Posted Images

20 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Never believe rumors right after a loss.. so many people say crap just to pile on..especially dawg fans.

10 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Sounds like the Pickens rumors were fake.  Started by Allbarn fans apparently 

I hope it's as untrue as everybody else, but let's correct a few things here: it was an info drop thread made by SoFL at his site and it was a few days before the game, not after. As was discussed previously in this thread SoFL isn't 100% accurate, but he's been correct on enough in the past to warrant being a legitimate source to quote.

But as said, let's all hope he's wrong on this one. We're a better team with Pickens on board, obviously. 

EDIT: Or are we talking about that other brief rumor that Pickens was already kicked off the team? In that case, carry on :lol:

Edited by RandomFan

Persons with knowledge of the situation have told Dawgs247 that JT Daniels got the lion's share of the first-team reps again today. I'm not sure if he got all of them, but a couple of sources have indicated that if he didn't get all of them, it was close. One source characterized his practice as solid, saying that he was at his best in the good-on-good portions of practice when the No. 1 offense was up against the No. 1 defense. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Persons with knowledge of the situation have told Dawgs247 that JT Daniels got the lion's share of the first-team reps again today. I'm not sure if he got all of them, but a couple of sources have indicated that if he didn't get all of them, it was close. One source characterized his practice as solid, saying that he was at his best in the good-on-good portions of practice when the No. 1 offense was up against the No. 1 defense. 

Man I hope this is true! We need a boost on this team!

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I hope it's as untrue as everybody else, but let's correct a few things here: it was an info drop thread made by SoFL at his site and it was a few days before the game, not after. As was discussed previously in this thread SoFL isn't 100% accurate, but he's been correct on enough in the past to warrant being a legitimate source to quote.

But as said, let's all hope he's wrong on this one. We're a better team with Pickens on board, obviously. 

EDIT: Or are we talking about that other brief rumor that Pickens was already kicked off the team? In that case, carry on :lol:

Regarding Pickens being kicked off the team.  That was after the loss and was being repeated on a bunch of UGA boards.  It was repeated so often his mom had to respond.  

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is a good thing, but if he comes in and not even lights it up but is serviceable and average at worst we will still question the decision to play Stetson over Daniel.  In that case who knows what our record would be right now.  Anyway I guess it doesn’t matter now.  All that matters now is making the best decisions going forward for the team not only this season but also future season(s).

1 hour ago, fuego said:

Ouch.

I really disagree with that part btw

Recruiting has been objectively leaps and bounds better. Kirby has the school investing a lot more money into the program. Kirby has shown a willingness to change problematic assistant coaches far quicker than Richt ever did.

Looking purely at results, anything short of actually winning the national title is "no better than Richt" so it's a lazy bs point to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

This is a good thing, but if he comes in and not even lights it up but is serviceable and average at worst we will still question the decision to play Stetson over Daniel.  In that case who knows what our record would be right now.  Anyway I guess it doesn’t matter now.  All that matters now is making the best decisions going forward for the team not only this season but also future season(s).

If he still resembles this QB, he will be fine. Just comes down to his mental makeup

46 minutes ago, Carter said:

I really disagree with that part btw

Recruiting has been objectively leaps and bounds better. Kirby has the school investing a lot more money into the program. Kirby has shown a willingness to change problematic assistant coaches far quicker than Richt ever did.

Looking purely at results, anything short of actually winning the national title is "no better than Richt" so it's a lazy bs point to begin with.

People forget the strides we’ve made.  This is our last 32 years broken into 4 year increments.

1989-1992 (Goff)  29 wins - top 25 years: 2
1993-1996 (Goff) 23 wins - top 25 years: 0
1997-2000 (Donnan) 34 wins - top 5 years: 0
2001-2004 (Richt) 42 wins - top 5 years: 1
2005-2008 (Richt) 40 wins - top 5 years: 1
2009-2012 (Richt) 36 wins - top 5 years: 1
2013-2015 (Richt) 37 wins - top 5 years: 0
2016-2019 (Kirby Smart) 44 wins - top 5 years: 3

Unless Daniels has some kind of setback between now and Saturday, it seems he’s starting. Kid has been working hard to come back and it sounds like he’s ready for his opportunity now to squash any frustrations. Bennett has not been able to throw, probably aggravated the sprain by trying to play through it. Mathis has been 2nd string and Beck got some work in but he has primarily been with the scout team.

Heard Daniels has been impressive so far in practice working almost exclusively with the 1s and that would seem to be corroborated by Kirby’s comments about him. Bulldog Bob also left a mysterious smiley face reply on a post asking how Daniels looks in practice. So that’s a few good sources indicating this could be the week Daniels takes over this job. Kirby said his arm talent jumps out, his command of the offense has been great, his understanding of presnap reads and motions, playbook knowledge has all been solid. We’ll see how he looks if the game happens. Certain things you just can’t know until it’s a live competition, mobility and confidence in taking on contact being big ones for him.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Game is postponed

This is why I’m not as critical as most towards Kirby and our QB situation. New OC, couple entitled kids with bad advice including one that was a stop gap for us, COVID shortened season as well as offseason training being affected. I mean, it’s the perfect storm, so to speak. 

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Game is postponed

For as much as people seem to be upset over this, a postponement may be a good thing for this team which is very very beatup right now.  It gives Cine another week to get out of concussion protocol, kmac has another week to heal (we need him back), and then you have Pickens who can be 100% when we play next week.  I hate it for the players since they want to play, but for the team it might be a very good week off after all the injuries we got last week and then you have some guys on the mend who could use another week.  JMO

40 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

For as much as people seem to be upset over this, a postponement may be a good thing for this team which is very very beatup right now.  It gives Cine another week to get out of concussion protocol, kmac has another week to heal (we need him back), and then you have Pickens who can be 100% when we play next week.  I hate it for the players since they want to play, but for the team it might be a very good week off after all the injuries we got last week and then you have some guys on the mend who could use another week.  JMO

I agree.  The only problem is that our next opponent MSU is having a COVID outbreak and may have to cancel our game 

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

And another week for Stetson to get healthy and come back instead of JTD getting a shot...