Jump to content

UGA-Georgia-Related-News


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby is risk adverse.  Daniels and monken hit it off and he knows the offense but had a set back which was why he didn't play early on.   The knee brace is off and he is moving well and still not playing.  Kirby wants to win his way.  Ridiculous how we ran our offense against Kentucky.  We had a week off and we did it the Kirby way.  Wouldn't be surprised to see both monken and daniels gone at the end of the year if this crap continues. 

If this is true, why would any quality OC ever want to come here.  I really hope this isn’t true.  Kirby needs to completely hand over all offensive decisions to Monkens very capable hands.  Kirby knows Defense: Monken knows offense.  No shame in that.  Sounds like 2016 Falcons setup

 

Jordan Palmer is Daniels QB coach.  He is a bit of a qb guru having trained 8 first round QB’s.    He has done wonders for Burrow and Dornsld and many others.  He thinks JT can be Burrows-esque 

 

Is JT Daniels the next Joe Burrow? 

Georgia was going to ride out with Newman after he transferred to UGA, but he really had not had the ability to get used to his teammates. He arrived in town in January, and with COVID-19 crushing spring football and having to get used to a new playbook from Todd Monken the first year offensive coordinator and former NFL coach, Newman opted out. 

He will begin training for the NFL, and while that is great for him, I think not having this year under his belt will hurt him a bit. 

Daniels, however won the starting job at USC as an 18-year-old freshman and performed at a serviceable capacity. Last year, Daniels was hoping to strike gold but he ended up getting hurt. He will now have a chance to prove his worth. I think Daniels is going to ball out in Georgia. He has been working with Jordan Palmer in California and Palmer loves him. 

If Jordan Palmer loves you, I love. Plain and simple, he is the quartback guru. Georgia don’t panic, you are in good hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If this is true, why would any quality OC ever want to come here.  I really hope this isn’t true.  Kirby needs to completely hand over all offensive decisions to Monkens very capable hands.  Kirby knows Defense: Monken knows offense.  No shame in that.  Sounds like 2016 Falcons setup

 

Jordan Palmer is Daniels QB coach.  He is a bit of a qb guru having trained 8 first round QB’s.    He has done wonders for Burrow and Dornsld and many others.  He thinks JT can be Burrows-esque 

 

Is JT Daniels the next Joe Burrow? 

Georgia was going to ride out with Newman after he transferred to UGA, but he really had not had the ability to get used to his teammates. He arrived in town in January, and with COVID-19 crushing spring football and having to get used to a new playbook from Todd Monken the first year offensive coordinator and former NFL coach, Newman opted out. 

He will begin training for the NFL, and while that is great for him, I think not having this year under his belt will hurt him a bit. 

Daniels, however won the starting job at USC as an 18-year-old freshman and performed at a serviceable capacity. Last year, Daniels was hoping to strike gold but he ended up getting hurt. He will now have a chance to prove his worth. I think Daniels is going to ball out in Georgia. He has been working with Jordan Palmer in California and Palmer loves him. 

If Jordan Palmer loves you, I love. Plain and simple, he is the quartback guru. Georgia don’t panic, you are in good hands.

If anyone on this board believes the game plan against kentucky was a good one then they are crazy.  Kirby wants to play bully ball and lean on teams for 4 quarters to win games.. You can beat a team like kentucky 14 to 3 that way, but you won't beat florida or alabama or teams that can score points.  when you have a huge talent advantage you can do that, but when that talent differential is much closer that isn't possible.  The offense we ran was not Monken's at all.  We went back to bully ball again which was what kirby meant by playing Georgia football.  Qbs can not improve and develop when they can't get into a rhythm which is what kirby doesn't get at all.  Daniels is not hurt and is able to move around.. he is traveling with the team.. He should be playing period.  Again though Kirby is stubborn as heck and is risk adverse.  If Kirby doesn't see we need to change things for Florida we will be losing to them by double digits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby is risk adverse.  Daniels and monken hit it off and he knows the offense but had a set back which was why he didn't play early on.   The knee brace is off and he is moving well and still not playing.  Kirby wants to win his way.  Ridiculous how we ran our offense against Kentucky.  We had a week off and we did it the Kirby way.  Wouldn't be surprised to see both monken and daniels gone at the end of the year if this crap continues. 

Well Kirby needs to follow Saban’s lead

 

Nick Saban Has Brutally Honest Admission On State Of College Football - Offense Wins Championships

“Thankfully for Saban’s squad, it boasts an incredible offense. And the six-time national title-winning head coach has admitted that great offense – not great defense – is what wins you college football games in 2020.

“It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn’t beat good offense anymore,” Saban told ESPN on Friday. “It’s just like last week. Georgia has as good a defense as we do an offense, and we scored 41 points on them [in a 41-24 Alabama win]. That’s not the way it used to be. It used to be if you had a good defense, other people weren’t going to score. You were always going to be in the game.

I’m telling you. It ain’t that way anymore.”

 

And how's that sit with Saban, one of the foremost defensive minds in the game and the architect of some of the more dominant defenses in college football over the past two decades?

"I don't like it," he said with a wry smile. "But we just have to make sure we have an offense that's that way and that explosive, which we have."

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

If anyone on this board believes the game plan against kentucky was a good one then they are crazy.  Kirby wants to play bully ball and lean on teams for 4 quarters to win games.. You can beat a team like kentucky 14 to 3 that way, but you won't beat florida or alabama or teams that can score points.  when you have a huge talent advantage you can do that, but when that talent differential is much closer that isn't possible.  The offense we ran was not Monken's at all.  We went back to bully ball again which was what kirby meant by playing Georgia football.  Qbs can not improve and develop when they can't get into a rhythm which is what kirby doesn't get at all.  Daniels is not hurt and is able to move around.. he is traveling with the team.. He should be playing period.  Again though Kirby is stubborn as heck and is risk adverse.  If Kirby doesn't see we need to change things for Florida we will be losing to them by double digits. 

I think, and this is complete speculation, Kirby knows Stetson is not a great passing QB, so if he thinks he can win to keep Stetson from having to throw, he will. But defenses have seen enough tape on Stetson to beat us. And it wasn't that hard to figure out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby is risk adverse.  Daniels and monken hit it off and he knows the offense but had a set back which was why he didn't play early on.   The knee brace is off and he is moving well and still not playing.  Kirby wants to win his way.  Ridiculous how we ran our offense against Kentucky.  We had a week off and we did it the Kirby way.  Wouldn't be surprised to see both monken and daniels gone at the end of the year if this crap continues. 

We can't have nice things smh I just don't get for the life of me how Kirby can watch how Bama's elite offense absolutely shredded our elite defense and the thought coming out of the bye is let's get more conservative against an inferior opponent. If anything, we need to be running the offense in game situations to prepare for whats to come (UF and a possible rematch with Bama). I honestly didn't watch the 2nd half and don't know how much more of the Georgia brand of football I can stomach. We finally get a great OC and just so happen to get yet another 5* QB and we're about to piss both of them away smh

Edited by RxDawg
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sdogg said:

Lee Sterling

@paramountsports

 

#Georgia has no shot of winning it all with #StetsonBennett at QB. Seems like a nice kid and it’s a great story but #KirbySmart needs to make the change to #JTDaniels ASAP. Smart so far in his head coaching career hasn’t done much except recruit well.

The Mailman hasn't been delivering lately.   Could be time to Return to Sender!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...