UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

Wow, if this isn't a thinly veiled shot at Fields I don't know what is; actually, is it even veiled? LOL. 

https://www.secsports.com/article/30033840/bulldogs-hounding-d-stymies-tigers-impressive-win

Even when Newman opted out of the season, Bennett was left to take snaps with the third team.

"He came to me and asked where he was and why he was not getting more snaps," coach Kirby Smart said. "But he didn't cry about it, he didn't leave or transfer, he didn't have his parents call. He just kept working and working and working. When he got an opportunity, he took advantage of it."

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Wow, if this isn't a thinly veiled shot at Fields I don't know what is; actually, is it even veiled? LOL. 

https://www.secsports.com/article/30033840/bulldogs-hounding-d-stymies-tigers-impressive-win

Even when Newman opted out of the season, Bennett was left to take snaps with the third team.

"He came to me and asked where he was and why he was not getting more snaps," coach Kirby Smart said. "But he didn't cry about it, he didn't leave or transfer, he didn't have his parents call. He just kept working and working and working. When he got an opportunity, he took advantage of it."

Shots fired!

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Weird.. sounds about like the conversation I was having yesterday.. 

“just kept working and working and working” 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Lol @ working and working that’s full of ****...UGA was behind the 8ball in the qb position there was no choice 

2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Lol @ working and working that’s full of ****...UGA was behind the 8ball in the qb position there was no choice 

The point is, opportunities present themselves. Luck is when opportunity meets preparation, and Stetson Bennett personifies this. If Fields has stayed, he’d be the starting QB, he may have even taken Fromm’s place last year. Kirby is going to play the best guy that gives him the best chance to win. Hands down. Fields didn’t win the job his freshman year because he couldn’t do what Jake was doing. But another year in the system, with his talent, he probably would have. Unfortunately, these guys get bad advice and are entitled and impatient. 

39 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

The point is, opportunities present themselves. Luck is when opportunity meets preparation, and Stetson Bennett personifies this. If Fields has stayed, he’d be the starting QB, he may have even taken Fromm’s place last year. Kirby is going to play the best guy that gives him the best chance to win. Hands down. Fields didn’t win the job his freshman year because he couldn’t do what Jake was doing. But another year in the system, with his talent, he probably would have. Unfortunately, these guys get bad advice and are entitled and impatient. 

Man please to the fields part...yall still eating them lies up...we chose the ****tier QB ..same QB on a **** practice squad. Fields did right **** playing behind a bum like Fromm ...he starts for a team and likely to be #1 or #2 in the draft.. UGA was wrong period and we making up for that. 

back to Stetson...

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Man please to the fields part...yall still eating them lies up...we chose the ****tier QB ..same QB on a **** practice squad. Fields did right **** playing behind a bum like Fromm ...he starts for a team and likely to be #1 or #2 in the draft.. UGA was wrong period and we making up for that. 

back to Stetson...

Never been a fan of quitters, but you do you my man.  

back to Stetson...

If Kirby thought Fields was the best man for the job, he would have played him. He didn’t, and whether or not he was right or wrong is not important. If you don’t believe that Kirby, who learned under Saban would not play the best guy who gives him the best chance, then I would say you have no faith in our coaching staff or our team and wonder why you are watching. 

The fact is, is Fields stayed at UGA, he probably would have taken the job from Fromm last year during the season because of Fromm’s issues. Instead, he decided to b*tch out and not compete for a job that could have been his, for whatever reason. It is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Des-pool said:

If Kirby thought Fields was the best man for the job, he would have played him. He didn’t, and whether or not he was right or wrong is not important. If you don’t believe that Kirby, who learned under Saban would not play the best guy who gives him the best chance, then I would say you have no faith in our coaching staff or our team and wonder why you are watching. 

The fact is, is Fields stayed at UGA, he probably would have taken the job from Fromm last year during the season because of Fromm’s issues. Instead, he decided to b*tch out and not compete for a job that could have been his, for whatever reason. It is what it is. 

Naw Kirby was scared to pull his starter who was the inferior QB from the jump ...and he paid for it..it’s that simple ..

Naw Kirby was scared to pull his starter who was the inferior QB from the jump ...and he paid for it..it’s that simple ..

I thought it was the qb That was scared of the baseball player that dropped the N bomb, thus resulting in qb transferring to OSU.

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

It’s not worth responding just end up w to much Back and forth and sac will have to Lock the thread. If fields was white it wouldn’t be an issue anyone cared about. Oops I said it... 

you right because you and everyone around here would’ve been crowning him over from before he arrived on campus ...oops I said it

Fields biggest mistake was going to Ohio State. That system doesn't prep you for the NFL at all. He might get drafted high but he's going to have an extreme learning curve once he hits the league. Alex Smith has been the best QB from that system and his NFL career was as average as watered down grits.

16 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

you right because you and everyone around here would’ve been crowning him over from before he arrived on campus ...oops I said it

Actually, everyone I know was really excited about Fields. His win over Lawrence in the Nike QB competition was amazing, especially because QB mobility was not a thing. I really wish he was our QB right now and things didn’t go the way they did. 

people have got to get over the race thing. GA Fans just want a winner, they don’t care who the QB is, as lo ga s it’s the right guy. The fact is, Fromm knew the offense, had a great freshman year and Fields was going to be behind him as far as having the support of the team. Had he stayed another year, his natural ability, hard work and talent would have taken it. Kirby is Saban 2.0, he’s not scared of playing the best guy. 

1 hour ago, Des-pool said:

Actually, everyone I know was really excited about Fields. His win over Lawrence in the Nike QB competition was amazing, especially because QB mobility was not a thing. I really wish he was our QB right now and things didn’t go the way they did. 

people have got to get over the race thing. GA Fans just want a winner, they don’t care who the QB is, as lo ga s it’s the right guy. The fact is, Fromm knew the offense, had a great freshman year and Fields was going to be behind him as far as having the support of the team. Had he stayed another year, his natural ability, hard work and talent would have taken it. Kirby is Saban 2.0, he’s not scared of playing the best guy. 

Saban would’ve pulled Fromm mid season during fields FR year..that’s that

8 hours ago, Ransack said:

Fields biggest mistake was going to Ohio State. That system doesn't prep you for the NFL at all. He might get drafted high but he's going to have an extreme learning curve once he hits the league. Alex Smith has been the best QB from that system and his NFL career was as average as watered down grits.

Nah, Fields will ball out in NFL, the Smith comparison not so much

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Saban would’ve pulled Fromm mid season during fields FR year..that’s that

ok...this is a waste of time, keep believing whatever bs narrative that makes you feel better. Clemson or Alabama are that way, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.