UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Red Bandana said:

We’re all in on Stetson Bennett right? He played great 

Kirby said we are not set on who is starting yet. He said (and I agree) there’s a lot that needs to get fixed on offense besides QB.

The OL was not good against Arkansas and we are going to face defenses a lot better and more talented up front than Arkansas. Bennett could ultimately be the guy but he’s the least talented of all the QBs on scholarship and has been running in practice as a backup. If he gets more reps with the 1s and stands out then I’d expect him to start. I don’t get the impression that the staff took Saturday’s performance as any deciding factor at QB though. 

13 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Why didn't he? To save the RS? If so, I really hate that. Dawgs have Vandagriff coming in, and a RS seems like the last thing we needed in the game.

Every single football player has been granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. This is essentially the offsides season, it’s a free play for everyone.

Our oline has at least 1 guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Luke wants to do and he was benched on saturday.  I believe he did get back in the game, but at guard instead of center.  Our oline played extremely bad with run blocking.. they were much better in pass blocking.  however we saw Luke make halftime adjustments which is one reason I love the guy.. he will make changes instead of putting out the same unit that is getting killed. 

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Hill isn’t good enough to not buy the in.  He must be believing his own hype.

Our OL played much better with Ericsson at OC and McLendon at RT.   Hopefully Hill will accept the challenge and work harder to regain his OC job otherwise he will have to play OG on a rotating basis.  

1 minute ago, 007dawg said:

Our OL played much better with Ericsson at OC and McLendon at RT.   Hopefully Hill will accept the challenge and work harder to regain his OC job otherwise he will have to play OG on a rotating basis.  

Too be fair, I’ve never been a fan of Hill.  He has too many bad snaps and rarely gets a push.  Watching Mays at center last year was eye opening with the amount of movement he got.

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Too be fair, I’ve never been a fan of Hill.  He has too many bad snaps and rarely gets a push.  Watching Mays at center last year was eye opening with the amount of movement he got.

Agree on Hill, for his size, he doesn't get much of a push.  I think he plays too high.   Same problem with Cleveland.   We saw the same problem as last year 2 times on Saturday when we had 3rd or 4th down and only needed a yard and couldn't not get enough of a push to get it, even with a huge OL.

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Our oline has at least 1 guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Luke wants to do and he was benched on saturday.  I believe he did get back in the game, but at guard instead of center.  Our oline played extremely bad with run blocking.. they were much better in pass blocking.  however we saw Luke make halftime adjustments which is one reason I love the guy.. he will make changes instead of putting out the same unit that is getting killed. 

Do we believe that Luke will be the guy at OC when Monk decides to move on?

Daniels being available certainly makes things more interesting. I never saw him play as a Freshman, but his numbers are just okay. In the end, not having a clear #1 may be the downfall to this season. 

I'm just going to plan for a coming out party this Saturday, and I'll fill the name of who to celebrate after the win! 

19 hours ago, GAbred said:

Daniels being available certainly makes things more interesting. I never saw him play as a Freshman, but his numbers are just okay. In the end, not having a clear #1 may be the downfall to this season. 

I'm just going to plan for a coming out party this Saturday, and I'll fill the name of who to celebrate after the win! 

Catching up with his tape at USC here and there. He puts alot of air under the ball which is a gift and curse. Too much air you give the extra DB enough time to make a play on the ball and on the other hand, you give Pickens and Big O jumpball opportunities in this offense.

He should have been playing hs ball his time at USC, he did an okay job to earn the starting nod as one of the younger D1 QBs that year. Excited to see his how much he's grown since then.