UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted Images

We’re having way too much drama at the QB position lately. Sooner or later, these racial narratives that are being leaked out are going to hurt us. 

If it’s true that Newman went AWOL for 2 weeks, then good riddance. That is not a leader. I’m really pulling for Mathis to run away with the starting job. I don’t want the race fire to light up again, so soon after the JF drama. Opposing coaches are going to have great negative recruiting ammo on us. 

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He should not have rushed back so soon. I mean, he just got injured in the SEC Championship Game. 

It was a non contact injury which happened during his rehab.. it had nothing to do with rushing back too soon..  i bet you it's the exact same thing that happened with finneran where he had 2 different surgeries.  however we will never know since that information won't be released due to HIPPA. 

21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

It was a non contact injury which happened during his rehab.. it had nothing to do with rushing back too soon..  i bet you it's the exact same thing that happened with finneran where he had 2 different surgeries.  however we will never know since that information won't be released due to HIPPA. 

Could be, but a lot of knee injuries are non contact as well. I wasn't expecting to see him playing week one, even if the pandemic never happened. Certain positions you could, but making cuts, etc could cause you to aggravate that knee.

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Could be, but a lot of knee injuries are non contact as well. I wasn't expecting to see him playing week one, even if the pandemic never happened. Certain positions you could, but making cuts, etc could cause you to aggravate that knee.

He wasn't going to be cleared to play game 1, but when you get hurt in rehab that just happens.. Ron Courson is one of the best out there with rehabing injuries so I doubt it had anything to do with rushing back.  He might never play another down of football for us or anyone if he has another setback next year.  I feel for him though since he has to put in a ton of effort to come back. 

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is there another race issue like I missed that when reading thru? Someone saying we’d prefer jt over Newman? 

People have mentioned that but it’s just message board rumor. I’m not sure how that can be a valid narrative. Daniels has been wearing a knee brace and hasn’t been cleared for contact. It’s not even a certainty that he will be cleared for the season opener. Smart was iffy on him going in the scrimmage but he ultimately did and Newman blew him out of the water.

A lot of people have made a huge point to downplay covid ever since it started. I don’t doubt it had a lot to do with Newman’s decision. Whether it’s for health concerns (remember he already had a foot sprain in practice also) or feeling like all of this is not worth it for a potentially very short season, it’s infinitely more believable than a story about racial undertones with him feeling like he got beat out after a few practices of 1st team reps and a scrimmage he shined in.... by a guy who isn’t cleared for contact after an ACL tear, who is still in a brace and has spent even less time with the team than Newman has.

Newman was unanimously the leader on offense. So much so that many players and observers commented that it felt different without him out there and they were noticeably worse in practice. I’m not buying it. He is potentially a 1st round pick. His departure is disappointing but he handled it with class, as did Kirby. I don’t know why fans have to go digging around for problems.

He's an entertaining guy. And smart. He did some pretty funny impressions of Kirby, Spurrier, and Mack Brown. He believes, as most of us do, that Covid had little or nothing to do with Newman's opt- out. He thinks that the QB competition was stiff and that Newman realized this week that he might not start (or that he might have to split time or whatever), and that this wasn't the opportunity to shine and stand out that he had originally thought. He also queried whether Blaylock's going down again might have factored into the decision, but he didn't really say that he thought that was a factor. He also said that the chances of Fields returning were zero, which I think everyone already knows.

Good interview with Stinchcomb on sirius. 

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

1980 was a LOOOOONG time ago...

Black-Man-Stark-Trek-Facepalm-Gif – Home of the Nerdy Viking

2019 will feel longer ago for you when Ohio State doesn’t play football this year.  At least you can watch highlights of Trevor Lawrence bending you over in the playoffs last year.

Edited by Is This What You Want?
Editing to ensure it is clear that was meant for Spts1
2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

800+ cases at UGA. "Nah covid ain't got anything to do with it"

30,000 student enrollment, probably add another 2000-3000 support staff. 800 cases is between 2%-3% of total population. I have a friend whose daughter is a freshman and her sorority sister just got diagnosed and she herself is quarantined also. There are procedures in place. Just need to keep the football team away from the girls, lol.

33 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

30,000 student enrollment, probably add another 2000-3000 support staff. 800 cases is between 2%-3% of total population. I have a friend whose daughter is a freshman and her sorority sister just got diagnosed and she herself is quarantined also. There are procedures in place. Just need to keep the football team away from the girls, lol.

Why are you rationalizing percentages of people that can possibly see death ? Like no one used a percentage when  9/11 happened. Football ain’t never that serious

13 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Why are you rationalizing percentages of people that can possibly see death ? Like no one used a percentage when  9/11 happened. Football ain’t never that serious

I appreciate you have your views on covid.  However Football is being played.. That discussion is done.  it is happening and we aren't getting into a covid conversation on this board because they turn political or fear mongering and that isn't needed.  You have made your feelings known on covid and let's leave it at that.  Thanks. 

I posted a breakdown from rj young who I think actually knows avery or has a mutual friend with the qb coach.. He is also very much aware regarding agents and what they are doing.  You know the world will turn upside down when agents start getting bama players to sit out.. saban will go ballistic. 

59 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Football is being played.. That discussion is done.  it is happening and we aren't getting into a covid conversation on this board because they turn political or fear mongering and that isn't needed.  So you have made yourself clear your feelings on covid.  So let's move on.  If I see another post on covid alone I am removing them.  

I mean it’s the reason Newman gave and Kirby graciously accepted it and said everyone on the team has the same option. Kirby made it known a while back that anyone could make this choice at any time and he would wholeheartedly accept and welcome them back at any time. That’s where it should end.

I get being upset or disappointed with the decision. I’m super disappointed. But I really don’t see the point of pushing unsubstantiated rumors about Newman when he and Kirby settled the matter on good terms. We got people complaining our rivals will use this against us but the only people talking about it are UGA fans.

That’s my 2 pennies on the matter anyway. Wish him well and next man up. We’re better off focusing on who will actually play this season and enjoying it while it lasts imo

9 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I posted a breakdown from rj young who I think actually knows avery or has a mutual friend with the qb coach.. He is also very much aware regarding agents and what they are doing.  You know the world will turn upside down when agents start getting bama players to sit out.. saban will go ballistic. 

So far so good for no Bama players opting out, but I it wouldn't surprise me.

I would hope, like GA fans did, that at this point they would have already made that decision. 

15 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

So far so good for no Bama players opting out, but I it wouldn't surprise me.

I would hope, like GA fans did, that at this point they would have already made that decision. 

well the key are can the agents get to the families.. they got to newman, chase, and a few other players who are going to be top 3 round draft picks..  the good thing is your guys haven't had that happen yet.   Yeah right now is the worst time for any player to leave early due to what we have seen with agents and others in player's ears and their family.. if you go through 12 practices that hurts the team you are leaving since they couldn't use those reps for another player.