Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SacFalcFan

UGA-Georgia-Related-News

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

I'm mostly kidding, because it won't happen.

But it would be really nice to talk to people about this without audibly saying how nice the "buttsmear" is going to look.

Or talk about how big the

Butts Expansion is going to be

Just now, AutumnEffect said:

I can get behind some Butts Expansion.

Well of course that depends on the Butts

I LOVE my wife!!  She has a nice posterior

Posted (edited)

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/jamie-newmans-wake-forest-teammates

“You’re going to get the hardest worker in the whole entire football program,” said Wake Forest offensive tackle and team captain Justin Herron. “He’s the hardest worker I’ve ever met. He’s going to do a really good job, and Georgia should be really excited.”

“You definitely have to start with his leadership ability on the field, he’s a very vocal guy, guys are going to feel him in the locker room, on the field, in the weight room, he’s going to let his voice be hard, and then he’s definitely a playmaker,” Bassey said.

Edited by RandomFan

Posted (edited)

https://theathletic.com/1654673/2020/03/05/stewart-mandel-ranking-the-top-25-coaches-in-college-football/

5. Kirby Smart, Georgia: Smart is another coach who probably gets more criticism over his shortcomings than credit for his relatively remarkable achievements. The Dawgs, 36-7 overall and 21-3 in SEC play the past three seasons, have produced three consecutive top 10 teams for the first time since 2002-05. And Smart has now signed two No. 1 recruiting classes in three years. If he keeps this up, a national title is likely coming soon enough.

8. Dan Mullen, Florida: I considered Mullen a top 20 coach nationally at the end of his nine-year Mississippi State run, and all he’s done his first two seasons in Gainesville is go 21-5 with a pair of New Year’s Six bowl wins and AP top 7 finishes. Admittedly, the gap between Smart’s Georgia juggernaut and Mullen’s budding program may still be wider than these rankings reflect. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Todd's brother) 17. Jeff Monken, Army: Don’t let a disappointing slip to 5-8 last season completely erase the remarkable turnaround Monken engineered at West Point. A program that averaged three wins per season for nearly two decades went 29-10 from 2016-18 and won three in a row against rival Navy. The Black Knights took both Oklahoma and Michigan to overtime the past two seasons. They’ll be back.

Edited by RandomFan

Posted (edited)
JeffSentell Posts: 5,039 admin
March 3 edited March 4

Good Joe Burrow story I heard over the last few weeks while talking to a bunch of coaches. .....

The week of the Alabama game, he walks in and writes 45 points on the board.

45 points. Then he basically said if we don't score this many points on Alabama that week, then it is their own fault.

Final score: LSU 46, Alabama 41.

Burrow's graduate year and online course senior season has been well documented. It allowed him to spend 40-plus hours a week working on football. The 20-hour rule did not apply to his own personal investment in film study.

The receivers also never met each week without Burrow in the room.

A neat concept that came out was he met with his receivers each week and he met with his "X" and "Y" and "Z" receivers independently each week. It allowed him to get on a one-to-one basis with each group so each player would know what he would be thinking on each play.

His accuracy this season and ability to extend plays with five dangerous weapons in every personnel package was the secret sauce. There was nothing special about the concepts.

We'll see how great that LSU offense is going to be when they don't have a QB who can spend a boatload more hours focusing on football than his peers. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

We'll see how great that LSU offense is going to be when they don't have a QB who can spend a boatload more hours focusing on football than his peers. 

Curious what Jamie Newman's course load will look like... He's got further to go given that he didn't have the extra year in the system like Burrow, but would be nice if he's got that extra bandwidth to really push things.

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

https://theathletic.com/1654673/2020/03/05/stewart-mandel-ranking-the-top-25-coaches-in-college-football/

5. Kirby Smart, Georgia: Smart is another coach who probably gets more criticism over his shortcomings than credit for his relatively remarkable achievements. The Dawgs, 36-7 overall and 21-3 in SEC play the past three seasons, have produced three consecutive top 10 teams for the first time since 2002-05. And Smart has now signed two No. 1 recruiting classes in three years. If he keeps this up, a national title is likely coming soon enough.

8. Dan Mullen, Florida: I considered Mullen a top 20 coach nationally at the end of his nine-year Mississippi State run, and all he’s done his first two seasons in Gainesville is go 21-5 with a pair of New Year’s Six bowl wins and AP top 7 finishes. Admittedly, the gap between Smart’s Georgia juggernaut and Mullen’s budding program may still be wider than these rankings reflect. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Todd's brother) 17. Jeff Monken, Army: Don’t let a disappointing slip to 5-8 last season completely erase the remarkable turnaround Monken engineered at West Point. A program that averaged three wins per season for nearly two decades went 29-10 from 2016-18 and won three in a row against rival Navy. The Black Knights took both Oklahoma and Michigan to overtime the past two seasons. They’ll be back.

Where's Gus? lol

On 3/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, SacFalcFan said:

this should be the biggest facility in the SEC i believe.. that is the goal.. 

All of that is going in that little space where the bulldozer is?

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

Bummer that no one can practice right now. Or can they?
@everyone blink twice if you know the team is getting in workouts on the sly :ninja:

Best believe Bammer is doing it