UGA-Georgia-Related-News

I think the Cochran hire is a home run hire just for the sheer fact that he’s in the program. There’ll be a little bit of a learning curve sure, but now he can go on the road and recruit which is another nuclear bomb in the arsenal since he’s great at making relationships with his players. I’m loving this off-season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

Awesome stuff. Did you guys know that Ladd McConkey was taking college courses from a community college near his high school while he was a Junior and Senior and he already has his associates deg

Posted Images

For those expecting Scott Cochran to make his first UGA staff meeting this morning at 8am with the rest of Kirby Smart's staff you would be wrong.

A trusted source told Dawgs247 that the new special teams coordinator (Cochran) is already on the road visiting with another power five team on their special teams and things they use. We are also told that Cochran will leave that school and visit with another P5 staff for a few days studying tape and learning what others have used to be successful on game days.

This is not unusual for coaches to visit with other teams in the offseason, but this does confirm that Cochran will truly be in charge of special teams and working day to day with the team on that part of the game.

Since 2018: Dan Mullen has signed -zero top 10 prospects from Ga. -eight total prospects from Ga. -three top 10 prospects from Fla. Kirby Smart has signed -seven top 10 prospects from Fla. (not counting IMG Academy) -12 total prospects from Fla. -nine top 10 prospects from Ga.

this was posted in response to this hilarious article.. LOL 
2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:
Since 2018: Dan Mullen has signed -zero top 10 prospects from Ga. -eight total prospects from Ga. -three top 10 prospects from Fla. Kirby Smart has signed -seven top 10 prospects from Fla. (not counting IMG Academy) -12 total prospects from Fla. -nine top 10 prospects from Ga.

this was posted in response to this hilarious article.. LOL 

Ol Dan can't compete with Kirby. 

11 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Always has to be a knucklehead on this team. Every time good things start to happen, the knuckleheads have to ruin it. Might need to bring in Col. Nathan Jessep to order a code red. 

Wyatt arrested last night. 

Supposedly he broke something in somebody else’s dorm room that’s under $500 and then got in an argument... resulting in “domestic-related misdemeanor trespassing and damage to property”.

What'd he do, throw an Xbox game controller or something and the owner told him to leave and then called the cops when he wouldn’t?

Seems really minor when you consider the charge.  He broke something cheap, and wouldn’t leave.  Not very serious.  Kirby will have him running bleachers until he pukes.

Seth Emerson
@SethWEmerson
Per the incident report: Wyatt’s arrest stemmed from a verbal altercation with a woman he was dating, he is accused of kicking the door to her apartment and damaging it, at a cost of $500. “Neither party indicated they were in fear for their safety,” the incident report states.

So apparently he got in an argument with his GF, she ran to her room and locked him out, and he got pissed and kicked the door in, which broke the door. The RA was forced to report the damage to the police and this is what happened.  Damage was under $500 (probably under $150 to replace a door, actually).  He didn't touch his GF, it was just an argument.  This is a nothingburger.

Kirby will handle this in house.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

So apparently he got in an argument with his GF, she ran to her room and locked him out, and he got pissed and kicked the door in, which broke the door. The RA was forced to report the damage to the police and this is what happened.  Damage was under $500 (probably under $150 to replace a door, actually).  He didn't touch his GF, it was just an argument.  This is a nothingburger.

Kirby will handle this in house.

yep.. 

Not sleeping on Beck, but this is Newman's job to lose essentially. His experience will provide him a keen advantage in camp and honestly I just don't seem him transferring here to ride the pine his final year of eligibility.  He will leverage this year to try to raise his draft stock - and if he has the year we hope he does - he will do just that. With Monken at OC, Newman is literally the perfect fit at QB for us. I'm pulling for Newman all the way. Beck will compete with BVG 2021. May the best man win. 

16 minutes ago, richham said:

That would be great to see Beck push Newman in the Spring.  I think Newman would have to look pretty bad for him to lose out to Beck.  It's the game experience and maturity that pretty much puts it out of reach for Beck.  

the competition will make both guys better.. i am very excited to see how things go this spring.  that spring game should be fun to watch.  they won't show a lot, but it should be more wide open. 

Some offseason whispers from SoFL today: 

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 8,839 

Jamaree Salyer getting extended look at LT

Dwan Mathis is emerging at QB. Passing drills. “Looks the best by far and it isn’t close.”

Drive slow with this one...just sharing. Newman still will likely be the starter based on experience.

Drob and Newman developing early chemistry. Drob likely to move back to Z, out of slot.

Hand to glove...Drob runs 7-9 routes very well. Newman throws deep very well. Could be a significant combo next year.

20 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

i would actually make this a new thread as well for more discussion since it includes all sec teams.. 

Andrew Thomas a year-one NFL starter per Daniel Jeremiah

ByJAKE ROWE 76 minutes ago 
When it comes to Andrew Thomas and his status as an NFL Draft prospect, the line of analysts who see him as an impact player is extremely long and there may be one or two in the group of those who doubt his abilities. 

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has been forthright in his assessment of Thomas. He believes that the 6-foot-5 315-pound tackle has some tremendous tools but also has some areas where he must improve. Thomas took part in physical testing at the 2020 NFL Combine on Friday night, turning in a 40-yard dash time of 5.22 seconds. It wasn't the best of the offensive linemen but he showed the ability to explode out of the blocks.

Jeremiah likes that 40 time for Thomas and has high expectations for him in year one.

"He is quick and powerful," Jeremiah said. "A dominate run blocker. Just uproots people in the run game. Pass protection and the balance was the only concern there. That's a good time for him. He's going to be a starting left tackle in the NFL I believe in Year 1. He's my 21st overall player right now."

Thomas started his very first game at UGA and never looked back. He made 15 starts at right tackle in 2017 on a team that won an SEC Championship and a Rose Bowl before coming up just short in the National Championship game against Alabama. After Isaiah Wynn, UGA's left tackle during Thomas' freshman season was taken No. 23 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft, Thomas flipped to the other side where he proceeded to start 26 of the next 27 games. 

He missed just two games the following two seasons, one because of a sprained ankle and the 2020 Allstate Sugar Bowl after foregoing his senior season and entering the draft. He was a freshman All American in 2017, a second-team All American in 2018, and a first-team All American in 2019. He was also first-team All SEC in each of his past two seasons and was a semifinalist for the Outland Trophy in 2019. 
Now he has a great chance to become the second UGA offensive tackle to be taken in the first round in the past three years, but that's something he's been working toward since he arrived in Athens. 
"It was very important. In the SEC you don’t have any days off," Thomas said. "Every week you’re playing against the best pass rusher they have. Obviously, it’s not the NFL, but it is like a nice stepping stone to go to the next level. Playing in the SEC every week you’ve got to be ready, the competition is ridiculous. Everybody is talented, and then coaching staff wise, Sam Pittman, since I got there, he prepared me for this moment, just teaching me everything and not just on the field but off the field being a mentor to me.”

All I know is if he’s there at 18 and the Phins don’t take him my head’s gonna explode