UGA-Georgia-Related-News

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep and i do have to laugh they started the lawsuit on december 5th of this year.. 3 years later.. we both know they will try and use it to get a waiver.. LOLOL.. 

Yeah, Sanky isn't going to to let Mays be eligible just because his dad is a dumba** 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted Images

Georgia has a lot of question marks at O-line, QB, and even RB next season too. Not to mention field goal kicker. Woooo, that’s a lot to overcome at multiple positions responsible for scoring points when you’ve already struggled with Coley in his 1st year. With Alabama in Tuscaloosa against Saban who’s undefeated against his former assistants and trying to get 4 straight on a Florida team with a returning starting QB, I don’t see Georgia as contenders next season. Our defense returns a lot of players but if your defense is on the field too long because of a mediocre offense, it won’t matter. Georgia’s O-line has too many question marks, and for the 1st time in nearly a decade, Georgia doesn’t have a strong workhorse running back which has been our bread and butter. Zamir White and James Cook are not on the level of Moreno, Crowell, Gurley, Chubb, Michel, Holyfield, or Swift. No SEC team has won their division 4 years straight since Florida in the 90’s. It could be a rough year. But you never know. Could be an unexpected story. Championships always happen with an unexpected twist.

Edited by mqg96

Completely disagree that it was a sure thing Mays would start next year. If anything, if he was going to start he'd have done so by now, hence maybe part of why he's leaving. 

Some of us called this weeks back. Mays doesn't have the feet for the outside, and doesn't have the right frame for the inside.

He's an OG in an OT's body

Edited by VA F.O.
4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Completely disagree that it was a sure thing Mays would start next year. If anything, if he was going to start he'd have done so by now, hence maybe part of why he's leaving. 

Some of us called this weeks back. Mays doesn't have the feet for the outside, and doesn't have the right frame for the inside.

People forget how loaded we still are at OL even with Mays leaving. Cleveland, as long as he’s academically good, will be back, Salyer will be just fine at RT, G or LT and not to mention 5 star Clay Webb, 5⭐️ Tate Ratledge, Xavier Truss, McClendon and likely 5 ⭐️ Brod. Jones. We will be fine, maybe not better but fine. I agree Mays was going to be a G next year not T 

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

People forget how loaded we still are at OL even with Mays leaving. Cleveland, as long as he’s academically good, will be back, Salyer will be just fine at RT, G or LT and not to mention 5 star Clay Webb, 5⭐️ Tate Ratledge, Xavier Truss, McClendon and likely 5 ⭐️ Brod. Jones. We will be fine, maybe not better but fine. I agree Mays was going to be a G next year not T 

I won't be surprised to see Cleveland and maybe even some at some other position's bail for previous reasons and now that others have left, but even then, I really don't care all that much. I'm a wait and see person. 

No one thought that the offense would look that bad this year. At most, we thought our passing game would struggle with out top WRs gone, but even that was worse than imagined.

You just don't know until it happens. I have better things to occupy my emotions than to be worried about the unknown on UGA's roster. We'll see what happens, and I'll build my opinions based on what I see on the field next year.

42 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Mays started at least 11 games this year.

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

Mays started at least 11 games this year.

I thought we were talking about starting at OT. That's where he wants to play isn't it? Don't think he wanted to be an OG

Even then, his play at OG. He's not really an OG, but better there than OT

Still not sure he would've started for sure next year

Edited by VA F.O.
25 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Are we really losing Mays because of a ******* chair?

Who knows. The chair thing happened before Cade even signed with us if I’m not mistaken. The lawsuit seems like a sham just to get him eligible immediately. Seems maybe they were upset we didn’t recruit his brother. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Who knows. The chair thing happened before Cade even signed with us if I’m not mistaken. The lawsuit seems like a sham just to get him eligible immediately. Seems maybe they were upset we didn’t recruit his brother. 

Well maybe his brother shouldn't suck.

From Dawgnation forum

2017: Dad Mays finger gets partly amputated at a UGA football gala

1/7/2018: Cade enrolls at UGA

12/5/2019: Mays Family files a suit against UGA

12/8/2019: Sam Pittman announced as head coach at Arkansas

12/9/2019: UGA is served notice of the suit

Mays Fam is 100% using this for immediate play at Tennessee

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-uga-offense-fromm-mays-pickens-zamir-kenny

Bottom line numbers

Georgia brings back 14 of the 22 position starters from the Sugar Bowl team that beat Baylor 26-14 — five on offense, nine on defense.

The hole at quarterback is gaping, with Fromm coming off an NCAA -high 42 consecutive starts and accounting for 92-percent of the passing yards this season.

A great deal of production at running back must also be accounted for. Swift and Herrien combined for roughly two-thirds (67.6 percent) of the rushing yardage from the UGA backs.

Georgia got an early jump on developing receiving talent on account of injuries and attrition.

Even with pass targets Lawrence Cager, Tyler Simmons, Charlie Woerner and Eli Wolf exhausting their eligibility, UGA stands to return 60 percent of the catches and 61 percent of its receiving yardage.

24 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

From Dawgnation forum

12/5/2019: Mays Family files a suit against UGA

12/8/2019: Sam Pittman announced as head coach at Arkansas

It's important to point out that surely Cade knew on the 5th, when the lawsuit was filed, that Pittman was already taking the Arkansas job. We'll never know for sure but if the Mays family hadn't already decided Cade was transferring, then the Pittman decision to go to Arkansas appears to be the final straw there. 

Edited by RandomFan
9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

thoams mars is representing cade.. it will be interesting to see if he decided to use his leverage to get cade to play right away..  the guy is pure trash. 

Not sure it will matter. If the SEC let’s this go then they might as well not have a conference. You can’t let undergrads go between in conference schools without punishment, it will cause chaos

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

thoams mars is representing cade.. it will be interesting to see if he decided to use his leverage to get cade to play right away..  the guy is pure trash. 

Thought Mars was working for the NCAA now and therefore unable to represent players? Are you certain about this?

Edited by RandomFan