UGA-Georgia-Related-News

11 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Emerson on Fromm:
"My feeling is Fromm will stay. (But) the longer this goes on, the longer he obviously is torn."

I wonder if he’s waiting to see if we bring in a new coach (QB/pass game coordinator)? He has to be thrilled by the new receiving targets we’ve brought it. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

Awesome stuff. Did you guys know that Ladd McConkey was taking college courses from a community college near his high school while he was a Junior and Senior and he already has his associates deg

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Beef said:

I project something like this:

LT: Mays(jr) | Hayes(rs sr) | Condon(rs so)
LG: Hill(jr) | Shaffer(sr) | Johnson(rs jr)
C: Webb(so) | Ericson(rs so)
RG: Cleveland(rs sr) | Ericson(rs so) | Johnson(rs jr)
RT: Salyer(jr) | Truss(so) | McClendon(so)

Plus incoming freshmen:

T Jones* (could actually see time at either T spot if there's an injury)
C/G Van Pran* (could supplant Ericson as the backup C immediately)
T/G Ratledge
T/G Lindberg
G Blaske
G Willock

I would bank on someone else taking the LT slot long term. It might start with Mays there, but he is not quite athletic enough to trust in the spot (as we saw him get beat several times by the Baylor DE/OLB.) Salyer might actually be the guy. He's quicker and more athletic, despite being built more like a Guard (see: Wynn, Isaiah). Also, don't sleep on incoming freshman.

UGA is my team, so I say this with all due respect and shameful reluctance...

If I'm an NFL GM, there's no way in he!! I'm drafting Jake Fromm, except maybe in rounds 5-7, and only as an above average backup prospect.

He's an immobile good intelligent game manager with an above average arm strength at best.  He doesn't do anything exceptional, except maybe back-shoulder throws.  And he takes way too many 8+ yard sacks that are his fault (not his OL's) while clearly panicking and losing his composure.

And he still looks like he's freaking 18 years old.  There's no way NFL grown *** men/veterans are going to consider him an authority figure and commander in the huddle.  He's not elite or good enough to force that respect or faith.

He absolutely needs to spend another year at UGA and pray he can pull off about 80% of a Joe Burrow type season just to be considered for a starting NFL job after Lawrence and Fields get drafted a round ahead of him.

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I would bank on someone else taking the LT slot long term. It might start with Mays there, but he is not quite athletic enough to trust in the spot (as we saw him get beat several times by the Baylor DE/OLB.) Salyer might actually be the guy. He's quicker and more athletic, despite being built more like a Guard (see: Wynn, Isaiah). Also, don't sleep on incoming freshman.

Agreed. If we’ve got Mays at LT long term that’s not a good sign imo. 

2 hours ago, Beef said:

UGA is my team, so I say this with all due respect and shameful reluctance...

If I'm an NFL GM, there's no way in he!! I'm drafting Jake Fromm, except maybe in rounds 5-7, and only as an above average backup prospect.

He's an immobile good intelligent game manager with an above average arm strength at best.  He doesn't do anything exceptional, except maybe back-shoulder throws.  And he takes way too many 8+ yard sacks that are his fault (not his OL's) while clearly panicking and losing his composure.

And he still looks like he's freaking 18 years old.  There's no way NFL grown *** men/veterans are going to consider him an authority figure and commander in the huddle.  He's not elite or good enough to force that respect or faith.

He absolutely needs to spend another year at UGA and pray he can pull off about 80% of a Joe Burrow type season just to be considered for a starting NFL job after Lawrence and Fields get drafted a round ahead of him.

I get what you’re saying but the NFL is full of guys like Fromm. NFL teams continue to reach for average to above average qbs and hope to develop them into something special. They’ll do the same for him. 

Fromm has had a great college career overall and has a chance to do something special next year if he comes back and gets his **** together but he never moved the needle for me as an NFL qb. 

Supposedly, Reese is struggling from being just a touch slower than his competition, and he can't crack the top as a result. Someone said he was told his move should be to LB, and to gain 15-20 lbs, where his speed would be less of a factor.

If that's true, then either he doesn't want to switch, or he doesn't see switching as helping him get on the field. The second it my view, since I think we're actually deeper there than at safety. 

54 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Jake is likely a back -up spot starter if he makes it in NFL past a rookie contract, it will have to be the right situation to grow and mature even for that. That said I have watched worse QB's get a contract or two in the NFL so you never know. 

Fromm compares similarly to a guy like Andy Dalton, no?

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Geez.. 

honestly we don’t know what Jake is capable of until the right person pushes and allows him to grow. 

Totally agree with this. I've seen numerous people complain about how we didn't allow Fields to develop, yet ignore that fact with Fromm. We just do a poor job with developing QB's, no matter who they are. At least so far under KS. 

4 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Supposedly, Reese is struggling from being just a touch slower than his competition, and he can't crack the top as a result. Someone said he was told his move should be to LB, and to gain 15-20 lbs, where his speed would be less of a factor.

If that's true, then either he doesn't want to switch, or he doesn't see switching as helping him get on the field. The second it my view, since I think we're actually deeper there than at safety. 

It's unfortunate that Kirby didn't see this back during his recruitment. Many people said he should make the transition and Kirby was happy to let him stay at Safety. I think he could have really done well if that had been the goal all along.

As to switching now, yeah it wouldn't be worth his time... too much time dedicated to learning one role. At this point, he'd be behind just as many if not more really qualified athletes.

Edited by fibonaccisquared

If Fromm was at worst a 2nd round pick he would have declared already.  My guess is that you are right that teams love his intangibles, but he had such a poor season that most teams have pushed him back to a 4th/5th round pick at best.  Which is why he is now in limbo because if he comes back he could potentially win a national title/sec title and some awards along with boosting his draft stock significantly.  The difference between a mid 2nd round pick and say the end of 4th/top of 5th round is around $3.5 to $4 million and a signing bonus being like $2.7 mil versus under $500,000.

Edited by richham