UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

there is another coach who will be gone as well.. i am guessing hankton.. 

TIFWIW, but Justin Robinson's dad posts over at DawgNation; he's claiming that Hankton isn't going anywhere and actually turned down several jobs to remain at UGA. As a recruit's father, not sure UGA would actually tell him if his kid's position coach was getting replaced, but he seemed pretty confident that Hankton is staying put. Saying that Hankton is pretty well respected and to give him a few years now that he's actually got some talent to coach up. 

I guess we'll see soon. 

9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

TIFWIW, but Justin Robinson's dad posts over at DawgNation; he's claiming that Hankton isn't going anywhere and actually turned down several jobs to remain at UGA. As a recruit's father, not sure UGA would actually tell him if his kid's position coach was getting replaced, but he seemed pretty confident that Hankton is staying put. Saying that Hankton is pretty well respected and to give him a few years now that he's actually got some talent to coach up. 

I guess we'll see soon. 

The 2nd offensive coach being gone isn’t a certainty at all, just a rumor. I’d lean more towards this being it for changes on the offensive staff this season. 

42 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The 2nd offensive coach being gone isn’t a certainty at all, just a rumor. I’d lean more towards this being it for changes on the offensive staff this season. 

Yep, I would agree. Especially considering this from Todd Hartley's bio: 

Hartley, a native of Gray, Ga., served as the University of Miami’s Special Teams Coordinator and Tight Ends Coach from 2016-18.

I would guess Hartley takes over special teams and either keeps coaching TE's too, or Coley goes to TE's and co-OC with the new coach being QB coach and co-OC. And then there is this in a thread about a new offensive coach.

SwiftyMan Posts: 

It has been done since right after SEC championship. It won’t be announced for a few weeks. Can’t say anymore. Fountain’s departure was no surprise to Kirby

It was pointed out that Coley and DJ Mangas from LSU started following each other on Twitter within a few days of the SECCG. It's also been rumored a few NFL coaches names are in the hat, like Jedd Fisch, and LaFleur from the Shanahan tree in San Fran. 

Edited by RandomFan

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Meh, Reese has been a disappointment. We've got to free up 5 to 7 more scholarships, to get down to the 85 limit. As good a place as any with Reese. 

I’d rather see Brini, Speed and Poole move on.

Speaking of disappointments, Robert Beal!

Edited by Turkeydawg

On 1/4/2020 at 2:06 PM, Carter said:

It's pretty disturbing imo... I didn't hear any of this back when he was being recruited. He was portrayed as a great kid who goes to church, gets top grades, outstanding football player, etc. This doesn't really jive with that and that type of behavior is beyond screwed up. They are allegations at this point though so it's probably best to see what comes of it first. No pun intended :o:coupons:

if it was true sure, but the oxford coach denies it and there was nothing found in the water at all.  so they review looking for any speciman and nothing but the drink was found

https://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/2020/01/oxford-coach-denies-claims-in-bullying-case.html

Brooks court filing also states that a law enforcement analysis from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences showed no evidence of bodily fluid in the “soiled Powerade bottle." 

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if it was true sure, but the oxford coach denies it and there was nothing found in the water at all.  so they review looking for any speciman and nothing but the drink was found

https://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/2020/01/oxford-coach-denies-claims-in-bullying-case.html

Brooks court filing also states that a law enforcement analysis from the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences showed no evidence of bodily fluid in the “soiled Powerade bottle." 

I certainly hope it’s not true. It’s beyond disgusting. I can’t even watch that one part of Van Wilder. :barf:

It’s also pretty screwed up to file false charges. If that is the case I hope everyone behind it gets what’s coming to them.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

I certainly hope it’s not true. It’s beyond disgusting. I can’t even watch that one part of Van Wilder. :barf:

It’s also pretty screwed up to file false charges. If that is the case I hope everyone behind it gets what’s coming to them.

really you had to bring that up?  i mean serously that was one of the most disturbing scenes in any movie.. screw any horror movie.. that was the worst.. the rest of the movie was hilarious, but that was way too much..  yeah their is a request to have it completely dropped..   regarding the lawsuit it's a civil suit so the burden of proof doesn't need to be that strong.  

Hope Otis doesn’t leave. Seems like he can still bring depth value, plenty of others that don’t have his upside or potential value... but can’t win em all, like the idea of any thought of adding a co-oc/qb coach, fromm coming back is big for next season w tua leaving gives us the chance for him to make the move to slide back into a top ten pick and prove it next year and get by bama in game 3.. no way we go to Tuscaloosa and win with any other option at qb but Fromm 

22 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

really you had to bring that up?  i mean serously that was one of the most disturbing scenes in any movie.. screw any horror movie.. that was the worst.. the rest of the movie was hilarious, but that was way too much..

Seriously! That scene is the closest I've ever came to vomiting from just looking at something. Literally had to turn away or I was about to spew. 

42 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Dang, any early guesses on where that puts our starting 5 for next year?

Mays, Salyer, Hill, Ericson, Cleveland

would be my guess

I project something like this:

LT: Mays(jr) | Hayes(rs sr) | Condon(rs so)
LG: Hill(jr) | Shaffer(sr) | Johnson(rs jr)
C: Webb(so) | Ericson(rs so)
RG: Cleveland(rs sr) | Ericson(rs so) | Johnson(rs jr)
RT: Salyer(jr) | Truss(so) | McClendon(so)

Plus incoming freshmen:

T Jones* (could actually see time at either T spot if there's an injury)
C/G Van Pran* (could supplant Ericson as the backup C immediately)
T/G Ratledge
T/G Lindberg
G Blaske
G Willock