UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Which of those qb’s did UGA not recruit?  How many attended UGA?  How many were in the same class?

Newton - UGA recruited as a Tight End

Marshall - Recruited as a DB - dismissed from UGA - 

Watson - not recruited (2 appearances in National Championships)

Fromm - on the team (1 National Championship Appearance)

Lawrence - same cycle as Fields (2 National Championship Appearances)

Fields - Transfer portal (1 Semi Final Appearance)

Regardless of any team loyalty - it is very impressive that 35% of QB's in the National Championship game since 2010 have been from Georgia.

6 hours ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

Anyone here going to the Sugar Bowl?

I live 15-20 minutes from the Dome and won’t be able to make it this year since I’ll be on night shift. This will be the 2-3 time in 15 years I won’t be able to go to the Sugar Bowl. I usually wait and by the tickets the night before the game. 

Just now, brdu4 said:

I live 15-20 minutes from the Dome and won’t be able to make it this year since I’ll be on night shift. This will be the 2-3 time in 15 years I won’t be able to go to the Sugar Bowl. I usually wait and by the tickets the night before the game. 

Does it normally get cheaper? I got mine for $52 in the Section 104 (end zone).

That’s a good price. I usually will not pay more than $100 per ticket, some exceptions thou. If I know I’m going I’ll start checking out prices and see how they fluctuate. Also I keep an eye out for 1st row seats. Got lucky last year. UGA side, 500 section, upper box. 1st row 50 yard line for $125 each. In case it’s been awhile since you’ve been down there. Traffic will most likely be very bad. As for parking I tend to park away from the Dome by the hospitals off Tulane Ave and take the 15-20 minute walk to the Dome. 

15 minutes ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

Does it normally get cheaper? I got mine for $52 in the Section 104 (end zone).

It can, just because they are trying to get rid of the ticket. But I just checked and it looks like tickets went up $30 for that section. 

Someone posted on TOS that LeCounte posted on his instagram live that he's coming back for next season. Don't know much about the poster so can't speak to the validity, but nobody called bs on him, soo :shrug:

Hopefully it's true. Losing both starting safeties and both ILBs would be kinda bad. 

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Someone posted on TOS that LeCounte posted on his instagram live that he's coming back for next season. Don't know much about the poster so can't speak to the validity, but nobody called bs on him, soo :shrug:

Hopefully it's true. Losing both starting safeties and both ILBs would be kinda bad. 

Probably best for both he and UGA.

Do you think Rice is gone?

Edited by Turkeydawg

20 hours ago, Cockybrit said:

Newton - UGA recruited as a Tight End

Marshall - Recruited as a DB - dismissed from UGA - 

Watson - not recruited (2 appearances in National Championships)

Fromm - on the team (1 National Championship Appearance)

Lawrence - same cycle as Fields (2 National Championship Appearances)

Fields - Transfer portal (1 Semi Final Appearance)

Regardless of any team loyalty - it is very impressive that 35% of QB's in the National Championship game since 2010 have been from Georgia.

It's gonna be a failure on par with 28-3 if UGA goes thru this golden generation without a single Championship or Heisman

Just saw where Todd McShay has Fromm as the 4th best QB Nfl Draft behind Burrow Tua Hebert, makes you wonder if he declares this year, can't see his stock rising above Lawrence or even likely Fields next year. Got to admit I'm mixed on him staying or going anyway, part of me wants to get the transition going and have a more ready QB 2021.  

14 hours ago, AF89 said:

It's gonna be a failure on par with 28-3 if UGA goes thru this golden generation without a single Championship or Heisman

a lot of that list isn't accurate regarding the information on each qb, but regardless of the reasoning it does stink that we had Clemson wins titles with watson and lawrence, but we weren't getting either qb.  we should have had a natty 3 years ago.  

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

a lot of that list isn't accurate regarding the information on each qb, but regardless of the reasoning it does stink that we had Clemson wins titles with watson and lawrence, but we weren't getting either qb.  we should have had a natty 3 years ago.  

I just wonder if we can keep expecting GA to keep producing generational talents at QB going into the future so maybe our guy is still around the corner (after all its a pretty gawddang good football state) or if we're gonna look back years from now and think "dang sure was a lot of NFL Pro Bowl talent  that decade the biggest team in the state failed to ever do anything with" (with respect to the SEC title and Rosebowl Fromm won us)

5 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Is he referring to the team as a whole or is he throwing shade at that long list of players that didn't want to bed with the team for this game (definitely not the injured ones) ?

Here's my take...  you're a football player. Play.

You're a teammate. Be a team player.

You want to protect yourself as an "investment" then get an insurance policy, or just accept that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and to football players, and to everyone else in all sorts of roles in life.

Play the game that got you to this point, with the teammates that were with you. Play the game for them, and most of all...  for yourself. It's one game. One more chance to compete and enjoy the college game. Show some heart.

You get invited to the Senior Bowl, or the NFL Combine...  go. Compete. Learn from it. Make yourself better from the experience. 

Yes we haven’t reached the pinnacle but Dawgs we all better enjoy this ride. What Kirby has done as a young HC has been phenomenal. Yes he has to learn some more but so did many others. 

it’s Great to be A Georgia Bulldog!

Now

Sic’em in 2020

In his first 4 years at #UGA

is 44-12. He has won a #Rosebowl #SugarBowl #secchampionship , played for a National Championship and Won 3 #SECEast titles. He has No. 1 rated Recruiting class and will be close on another one in 2020.

Also

Lets applaud all those DGDs who finished their time at UGA. Not just those going pro but also those who wore the uniform proudly and have finished their eligibility and now will joint the common work force. 

Especially HotRod/Goggles/Specs

the all time points leader now who started as a walk-on and earned his scholarship. 

Well Done Dawgs!!

4 hours ago, sdogg said:

Is he referring to the team as a whole or is he throwing shade at that long list of players that didn't want to bed with the team for this game (definitely not the injured ones) ?

Not sure one way or the other but totally get Kirby's side of it he has to take care of the program, but also understand guys being worried about getting injured, especially the mid-round to later round picks where an injury could derail them getting a possible NFL contract. And especially if it's not a playoff game.

About Dwan

Jake RoweSTAFF
  • 32 mins
  • 133 months

I wanted to say this now because it might be a day or two before I get to write it, but I spent a few minutes talking to him in the locker room after the game and I came away as impressed as I ever have with a freshman.

We talk to players a lot and for the most part, I take everything with a grain of salt. But Mathis was really genuine about how the brain surgery impacted him, how much it has benefitted him to get away from home, and his future.

FWIW, he told me that he's "confident" that he'll be back next year but also said it's a waiting game right now.