UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

Yeah that dude Joey Frigo seems like a clout chasing dbag. I don’t doubt that Papa Swift may have said something like he thinks his son might return, but judging from his reaction I don’t think he said anything like what Frigo says... and I don’t think he was under the impression he was talking on the record to an actual reporter.

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Glad to hear Cleveland is coming back next season- if fromm comes back like him or not it’s what’s best for the program, Beck can have a year to grow, maybe Mathis becomes eligible and we can again hit the position in 2021.. have some depth at qb 

I don't normally like to listen to radi for news but he emphatically stated on 92.9 this morning that Mathis has been cleared to play. If he's ineligible that's a whole different story but according to him he has been cleared at least.

40 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

When will we know about departures for nfl? The rest I mean, fromm, rice, lecount ect... after bowl? Be nice to know after bowl at latest 

Should know soon after the bowl on everyone. January 20th is the deadline to declare for the draft.

Stumbled across a tweet thread about the LSU vs UGA game which led me to this guys tweet thread breaking down Fromm's entire season. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1168253072080080896.html?refreshed=yes

It's a very long 50+ tweet thread so I put it in a thread reader unroll to make it easier to digest, but this stuff is almost a must read for any UGA fan. Especially if Fromm comes back for his senior season. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Stumbled across a tweet thread about the LSU vs UGA game which led me to this guys tweet thread breaking down Fromm's entire season. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1168253072080080896.html?refreshed=yes

It's a very long 50+ tweet thread so I put it in a thread reader unroll to make it easier to digest, but this stuff is almost a must read for any UGA fan. Especially if Fromm comes back for his senior season. 

Yup.  That is one heckuva accurate assessment compilation with video clips and commenting texts!

It hurts though to watch/read it.  And this doesn't even touch on his Read Option tendencies that just literally neutered the run game all season.  Yes, I really really really want Fromm to Declare for the draft so we can move on.  I know many will disagree, but I believe Beck would be better for our offense in 2020. *Fields 2019 would have been nice as well.

16 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Yup.  That is one heckuva accurate assessment compilation with video clips and commenting texts!

It hurts though to watch/read it.  And this doesn't even touch on his Read Option tendencies that just literally neutered the run game all season.  Yes, I really really really want Fromm to Declare for the draft so we can move on.  I know many will disagree, but I believe Beck would be better for our offense in 2020. *Fields 2019 would have been nice as well.

Honestly I'm about at the point too that it might be best if Fromm moves on so we can start getting Beck in games and get him some experience sooner rather than later. His regression was shocking last year from the things that had previously made him a good QB. I'd be really curious to see how Beck does during this week of practice. I'm sure it would give the coaches an idea about how fit he might be to become a potential starter next year. Much like we heard during Fromm's freshman year that he came in and made positive waves during his early enrollment and offseason training and actually pushed a sophomore Eason during camp.