UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

Those Athens bike cops are the absolute worst. They stand at the top of the parking garage looking down in your car when you are pulling in. I got an open container violation this way sitting in the passenger seat one time on the way to celebrate my birthday downtown.

Edited by RandomFan

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

yes and this is the same group who arrested jordan love because he didn't know his middle name.. can you imagine that happening in tuscaloosa or auburn?  lol 

Oh come on, Ray was picked up a few months ago for public intoxication.

Cook screwed up, end of story. Let him learn a lesson and move on. Personal responsibility is a good lesson to learn. The same applies to Ray!

14 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Cook screwed up, end of story. Let him learn a lesson and move on. Personal responsibility is a good lesson to learn. The same applies to Ray!

Did he get arrested for not knowing his middle name?

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

no oh come on anyone.. don't you try and say that the cops are the same in tuscaloosa as they are in athens.. no bama fan can say that and be serious.  even bama fans on your board talk about how bad the cops are in athens.. james cook screwed up with 2 misdemeanors and tha'ts on him, but what i said was 100% correct.. if this was in tuscaloosa or auburn for that matter he isn't arrested for 2 misdemeanors.. the tuscaloosa pd protects the program and has for years on that silly type of arrests.. there is a long history behind it that you know nothing about and can't speak of at all.  

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Those Athens bike cops are the absolute worst. They stand at the top of the parking garage looking down in your car when you are pulling in. I got an open container violation this way sitting in the passenger seat one time on the way to celebrate my birthday downtown.

they are horrible... it wasn't this bad in the 90s.. this started up when michael adams got with the chief of police williamson and publicly said he wanted the athens pd to arrest instead of give out citations.  michael adams started this nonsense.  he was one of the worst things to happen to UGA.  you know ti's bad when rival fans know all about our PD and how pathetic they are. 

21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no oh come on anyone.. don't you try and say that the cops are the same in tuscaloosa as they are in athens.. no bama fan can say that and be serious.  even bama fans on your board talk about how bad the cops are in athens.. james cook screwed up with 2 misdemeanors and tha'ts on him, but what i said was 100% correct.. if this was in tuscaloosa or auburn for that matter he isn't arrested for 2 misdemeanors.. the tuscaloosa pd protects the program and has for years on that silly type of arrests.. there is a long history behind it that you know nothing about and can't speak of at all.  

I disagree completely! There are plenty of players that have been arrested in Tuscaloosa.  You might be more familiar with those in Athens because you are a GA fan. I didn't hear anything about Cook until I logged on here and then looked it up.

What he did is not a big deal,  but it was wrong.  Let's hope it stops here.

People get too worked up over these mistakes that don't define a kid, just a little bump in the road!

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

they are horrible... it wasn't this bad in the 90s.. this started up when michael adams got with the chief of police williamson and publicly said he wanted the athens pd to arrest instead of give out citations.  michael adams started this nonsense.  he was one of the worst things to happen to UGA.  you know ti's bad when rival fans know all about our PD and how pathetic they are. 

Yep, this was around 2004 when Adams was there. I remember the pre-Adams fun that downtown Athens was. So glad that he's gone now. 

I received 11 citations in my four years.  Totally over policed.  Athens-Clarke County PD, Bicycle Cops, UGA Police, Oconee County Sheriff's, State Patrol.

Couple the number of police with the liberal Red and Black, Banner Herald and AJC, and you have a bunch of beat writers waiting to pounce on our players and break a story if they sneeze too loud. 

28 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Anymore incite on the possibility of Mathis playing - being cleared? I know Kirby said something like he was close during the season, but wonder if that’s true- is Fromm left I would have to think he would be the man to beat? 

I been high on him since we got him I’m really pulling for the kid 

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Anymore incite on the possibility of Mathis playing - being cleared? I know Kirby said something like he was close during the season, but wonder if that’s true- is Fromm left I would have to think he would be the man to beat? 

He was cleared to participate on the scout team, non contact. They have set benchmarks for him to get cleared for more and it's possible of course that he could play eventually, but from the way things sound it's just a tough situation. He had to have brain surgery and they are limiting the scans they do on him to check his progress because it exposes him to radiation. They're taking every precaution to make sure he's healthy and it's safe for him to play through contact.

I'm definitely pulling for him. I was very high on him when we signed him.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

He was cleared to participate on the scout team, non contact. They have set benchmarks for him to get cleared for more and it's possible of course that he could play eventually, but from the way things sound it's just a tough situation. He had to have brain surgery and they are limiting the scans they do on him to check his progress because it exposes him to radiation. They're taking every precaution to make sure he's healthy and it's safe for him to play through contact.

I'm definitely pulling for him. I was very high on him when we signed him.

Glad to see he can get some looks. Would be cool to see him succeed.

Edited by AutumnEffect

Just now, Dawgfanbrock said:

Anyone find any clarity on Pickens, the academic stuff just rumors or is it potentially true? He’s kinda the proven bright spot  for this offense going into next season- hope just rumors 

No one will get any clarity.  It is sealed records and if anyone knows they are lying.  If he plays in the sugar bowl then he is fine. 

5 hours ago, 007dawg said:

If i had to say, I would predict Cook won't play in the Sugar Bowl after his arrest.   He was lucky they didn't find any pot in the car.  Sounds like they had smoked it all up!

I read somewhere he was driving a Charger with the dealer plates on it.

Anyone else hearing anything about that?