UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

2 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Ridley made a bad call going out early (4th rd).

Holloman shouldn’t have beat his girlfriend.

Imagine if our receiving corps this year would have been:

#1 - Holloman (dismissed)

#2 - Ridley (4th rd pick)

#3 - Cager

slot - Blaylock 

#4 - Pickens

Now maybe we don’t get Cager in that situation but maybe we do.

The offense could have been really good with that receiving corps.   Maybe we still lose to LSU but probably undefeated going into game and game close - probably still in playoff over Oklahoma. 

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Ridley made a bad call going out early (4th rd).

Holloman shouldn’t have beat his girlfriend.

Imagine if our receiving corps this year would have been:

#1 - Holloman (dismissed)

#2 - Ridley (4th rd pick)

#3 - Cager

slot - Blaylock 

#4 - Pickens

Now maybe we don’t get Cager in that situation but maybe we do.

The offense could have been really good with that receiving corps.   Maybe we still lose to LSU but probably undefeated going into game and game close - probably still in playoff over Oklahoma. 

Agree.

Don't think we would've seen near as many hiccups, drops, wrong routes, and as poor of a performance from Fromm.

But this from the article also is what gives some concern for next year too.

There is some slightly bad news to brace for, though, per Seth:  “Right now, Georgia projects to return 54.9 percent of its receiving yards, pending stats from the Sugar Bowl.” 

Edited by 95Dawg

1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

Agree.

Don't think we would've seen near as many hiccups, drops, wrong routes, and as poor of a performance from Fromm.

The fact that Matt Landers was ever in the field tells you how bad it was.  Bless his heart that kid cannot catch a football.

Imagine being a district attorney with a phobia of public speaking.

Question...has there been any grumblings about Pickens leaving? I don't want to start any rumors, but I was asked this morning and couldn't find any validity to it. Not for nothing, but I do know for a fact that he has been skipping out of class lately. And we do have quite a few WRs that are looking to sign with us this class.

12 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Question...has there been any grumblings about Pickens leaving? I don't want to start any rumors, but I was asked this morning and couldn't find any validity to it. Not for nothing, but I do know for a fact that he has been skipping out of class lately. And we do have quite a few WRs that are looking to sign with us this class.

Haven’t heard that regarding him leaving. Really have to be careful with rumors this time of year, a lot of stuff is just filtered out by rival programs negative recruiting against us. The rumor about him coming up with academic concerns has been floating for a while though. 

43 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Unless he’s just a complete head case makes no sense him leaving, he led team in yds and tds true frosh year would be no doubt he’s the primary wr next year 

For sure if he is academically eligible I see no reason why he would leave. If he’s already failing classes then that’s another story. Hopefully we hear nothing at all about it and everything is good lol

2 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

It's 0.293, which is honestly a lot more than I would have originally guessed.

So basically 29% of our yardage variation can be explained by WR experience coming back. 

wonder the break down between Richt vs Kirby. Could one have better wr coaching than the other making up for experience or not. 

Edited by 95Dawg