UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

They're gonna be so surprised when we put up ~42 ppg.

Posted Images

I love Pittboss, and I'm glad for him, but there's one thing I really don't understand. Why didn't he take the OC job last year if he wanted a promotion? It's not like he could have known we were going to lose Holloman among other WR issues. The perspective was that Jake was an OC's dream. So why now? I know Arkansas means a lot to him, but dang. I'd be much happier with an opening at OC than trying to make due with Coley in year 2.

Edited by AutumnEffect
1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

I love Pittboss, and I'm glad for him, but there's one thing I really don't understand. Why didn't he take the OC job last year if he wanted a promotion? It's not like he could have known we were going to lose Holloman among other WR issues. The perspective was that Jake was an OC's dream. So why now? I know Arkansas means a lot to him, but dang. I'd be much happier with an opening at OC than trying to make due with Coley in year 2.

OC vs HC - I know you understand the difference.

Pittman was making as much as the OC with less responsibility.   I am sure Pitt just doubled his salary, went to a place he already liked, and is closer to his home of Oklahoma.

It’s rare that coaches his age get that first opportunity to be head coach - much less at an SEC school.

I 100% understand why Pittman didn’t want to be OC.   Besides, Pitt is probably more qualified to be an HC than OC anyway.

I am just not sure Pittman’s personality will fit being the lead dog.   You don’t get to be the good cop all the time as the head coach - unless you are Richt - and then you end up not having accountability.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

OC vs HC - I know you understand the difference.

Pittman was making as much as the OC with less responsibility.   I am sure Pitt just doubled his salary, went to a place he already liked, and is closer to his home of Oklahoma.

It’s rare that coaches his age get that first opportunity to be head coach - much less at an SEC school.

I 100% understand why Pittman didn’t want to be OC.   Besides, Pitt is probably more qualified to be an HC than OC anyway.

I am just not sure Pittman’s personality will fit being the lead dog.   You don’t get to be the good cop all the time as the head coach - unless you are Richt - and then you end up not having accountability.

If the Dawgs are lucky enough to end up with Luke, I imagine he'll be off to a new destination in due time. If we are lucky, maybe we can coax Pitboss back. It would be cool to see him succeed at Arky though. At least they don't usually get in too many recruiting battles with UGA. Last I can remember was Hunter Henry. I wanted him so badly.

16 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Someone explain why luke would be a good hire? All I can figure is pretty good recruiter , but that’s about it? 

Luke has a reputation for getting the most out of what he has. Hes a solid recruiter and players love him. The Ole Miss team was irate he was let go. At the time one player said half the team wanted out if Luke wasnt their HC anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Maybe I was just looking at some board talk- didn’t see a lot of good reviews. Many saying didn’t coach up players at all- team loved him but that was about it. But thanks 

The head coach isn’t really the guy who will be coaching up the players anyways. That’s on the position coaches. I think Luke is a great hire as a position coach. He just doesn’t have it as a HC.

21 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Ok would he maybe share some oc role? Big step down from hc to just ol? Can he be a decent play caller?

Hes been co-OC at Duke and Ole Miss. Hes never been the play caller. Kurt Roper handle the plays at Duke and Freeze delegates between 2 guys but Luke was limited to the run game and less of the calls. Hes not as great of a recruiter as Sam Pittman but the two are comparable. You trust them to run the OL and bring in talent.