UGA-Georgia-Related-News

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

D'Wan Mathis gets clearance to participate fully.... https://uga.rivals.com/news/d-wan-mathis-gets-clearance-to-play?fbclid=IwAR3BOqCVe9fbKRX1iYGQEwuFHr0IK09mR3lfQMrNLfgU-W7DaI4m1idd9ms

Awesome stuff. Did you guys know that Ladd McConkey was taking college courses from a community college near his high school while he was a Junior and Senior and he already has his associates deg

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

It's not so far-fetched. I believe Bobo's offenses with Murray and Gurley had this kind of production.

I know.  I was kidding about how that many points combined with the current level of UGA Defense would "be scarier"...   reality is even 25-30 PPG would make UGA quite a bit scarier.

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Are you talking all games or just SEC because UGA has averaged 32.9 points per game this year over all games per NCAA stats

I'm referring to SEC/Top 25 games (25 - 30 PPG); the cupcake games don't count.  Now that I did the specific calculations, I see that this year in the SEC+ND game they averaged 25 PPG, so I would amend my PPG target upward to 30 PPG avg.

*The reality of my view though is I believe that if the Offense generated a minimum of 27-28 points EVERY game that any opponent would be very hard pressed to beat the UGA defense for the win. **The SC game offensive output (17 pts) was simply offensive; but to give SC the pick-6 ALSO was just too much. Offense basically "scored" 10 points, at home, on a beautiful day/dry field.

I think the UGA defense can hold LSU to the mid-20s range (24 to 27), perhaps less, as long as the offense/ST don't contribute in any significant way to easy LSU points. We'll see if that's true Saturday. Will the offense and ST do their parts and get the points necessary? Let's hope so...

12 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Potentially great news for UGA. However, Muschamp was a teammate of Bobo's as well, and he's going to fight for a home run OC hire to replace BMac like his life depended on it. I really hope he comes home to Athens.

The disadvantage for Muschamp is that unless he pulls off a miracle next year he will be fired. Why would Bobo go somewhere that it’s likely he will be gone next year? 

2 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

What other schools besides USCe?

Not sure that’s why I added chat room rumors. Others have said they’ve heard other schools reaching out. I’d think it’d ultimately would come done to some kind of position at UGA or OC at USC for a year until Will is fired. 

16 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Potentially great news for UGA. However, Muschamp was a teammate of Bobo's as well, and he's going to fight for a home run OC hire to replace BMac like his life depended on it. I really hope he comes home to Athens.

Saban is waiting for Muschamp to be fired from USCe so he can hire him as DC. He might not even wait until he gets fired, I hear Saban wants him back.

Maybe that's opens the door to Bobo coming back to Athens.

11 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Saban is waiting for Muschamp to be fired from USCe so he can hire him as DC. He might not even wait until he gets fired, I hear Saban wants him back.

Maybe that's opens the door to Bobo coming back to Athens.

Muschamp is not bailing on an SEC HC job to go To Bama to be Saban’s DC.

Edited by Turkeydawg

Sakerlina should just cut bait with Muschamp. Why give him one more season with a different staff when they won't even have a QB? It will be impossible for them to recruit well.

SC has this next year...

9/19 Mizzou
9/26 @ UK
10/3 @ MSUjr
10/10 Tennessee
10/24 TAMU
10/31 @ Vandy
11/7 UGA
11/14 @ LSU
11/28 @ Clemson

They might lose all of those games after Mizzou.

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Sakerlina should just cut bait with Muschamp. Why give him one more season with a different staff when they won't even have a QB? It will be impossible for them to recruit well.

SC has this next year...

9/19 Mizzou
9/26 @ UK
10/3 @ MSUjr
10/10 Tennessee
10/24 TAMU
10/31 @ Vandy
11/7 UGA
11/14 @ LSU
11/28 @ Clemson

They might lose all of those games after Mizzou.

Wow, that really is tough sledding.

14 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Muschamp is not bailing on an SEC HC job to go To Bama to be Saban’s DC.

We will see. It was a rumor I heard and if Muschamp gets fired for the second time as a HC from a SEC school, not sure his options will be a whole lot.

Plus if  I'm not mistaken, I think they just lost a 5 star to Utah today? He lost his OC, it is not running so smoothly in Columbus right now!