UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

Georgia Bulldogs land 5 Star Athlete Malaki Starks, No. 31-ranked recruit in 2022 class

Starks is a 6-foot-1 and 195-pound athlete from Jefferson High School in Jefferson, Georgia, and is the No. 31 ranked recruit in the class. The in-state prospect chose Georgia over his other finalists, Alabama and Clemson, and will get a chance to play on both sides of the ball for the Dawgs. He has played at wide receiver, running back, corner and has potential to play safety in college, as well.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31136791/georgia-lands-malaki-starks-no-31-ranked-recruit-2022-class

Pickens and J. T. were a good combination for Georgia. Thats a huge lost for them.  We picked up 5 star receiver Emeka Egbuka. You can't have enough depth at receiver in college football.

6 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is it just me or it sounds like Robinson has a work ethic and motor issue? When he’s trying he’s great but at least the way I read about him sounds like he’s the only one holding himself from being great 

I took that away from Kirby’s comments as well.

New question, why are we not going hard after Gilbert? He that much of a problem? Cause we that deep at TE? I’d take him as a WR in this offense.. surely we are more desirable than LSU looks like he headed back there? Don’t get that logic especially after Pickens injury. 

6 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is it just me or it sounds like Robinson has a work ethic and motor issue? When he’s trying he’s great but at least the way I read about him sounds like he’s the only one holding himself from being great 

Are you talking about Robertson, or Robinson? Demetris is Robertson, Justin is Robinson. Justin has none of those issues. He's currently taking reps with the 1's in practice in GP1's spot after being injured most of last season as a true freshman.

For Demetris the word is he may have been over-ranked as a recruit; but he's also been dinged up too frequently to really establish himself for us, even when most others aren't made aware of his injuries.   

2 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

New question, why are we not going hard after Gilbert? He that much of a problem? Cause we that deep at TE? I’d take him as a WR in this offense.. surely we are more desirable than LSU looks like he headed back there? Don’t get that logic especially after Pickens injury. 

Gilbert is going to be lucky to qualify for any school this coming semester. His grades are a major issue, which is why there are rumblings he might try to go back to LSU in the hopes they can get him academically eligible. His head hasn't been screwed on straight yet. 

16 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Are you talking about Robertson, or Robinson? Demetris is Robertson, Justin is Robinson. Justin has none of those issues. He's currently taking reps with the 1's in practice in GP1's spot after being injured most of last season as a true freshman.

Kirby said he (Justin Robinson) gives good effort some times and other times holds back.  Not glowing praise, that’s for sure.

25 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Kirby said he (Justin Robinson) gives good effort some times and other times holds back.  Not glowing praise, that’s for sure.

Justin got hurt last year because the practices are extremely physical (his dad kinda wondered aloud if perhaps maybe too physical). My guess would be he might be trying to ride the line of giving enough effort but also still trying to protect himself -- which probably won't fly with Kirby. Of course, it could just be Kirby being Kirby and keeping a fire lit under a player. 

29 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Justin got hurt last year because the practices are extremely physical (his dad kinda wondered aloud if perhaps maybe too physical). My guess would be he might be trying to ride the line of giving enough effort but also still trying to protect himself -- which probably won't fly with Kirby. Of course, it could just be Kirby being Kirby and keeping a fire lit under a player. 

I always worry about guys who the coaches are constantly having to stay on.

Yep, more bad news with Burton. Was said he was hollering from the pain and couldn't stand on it. Bringing this back to Justin Robinson and the "lack of heart" comments some insinuated, this is what JRob's dad just said about the Burton injury: 

Unreal....just freaking unreal. I have soooooooooooooooooooooo many questions but I dare not ask them.

57 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yep, more bad news with Burton. Was said he was hollering from the pain and couldn't stand on it. Bringing this back to Justin Robinson and the "lack of heart" comments some insinuated, this is what JRob's dad just said about the Burton injury: 

Unreal....just freaking unreal. I have soooooooooooooooooooooo many questions but I dare not ask them.

It’s football and I doubt UGA’s practices are any more brutal than Bama, or any other major program.  Injuries happen and that’s part of it.  It sucks, but should they be playing 2 hand touch?

Kirby is doing his job/ preparing them to win a title. This sucks! But it happens. I don’t fault Kirby and hope to see no more tweets, Kearis, jrob Robertson, a. Smith, rosmey another can’t remember two acls, te’s rbs can catch and factor, we still would have a squad by seasons end to compete, just if we make it wo injury. Hopefully sounded worse than it is. Newspring btw

"Rusty is sayjng that while this isn’t 100% confirmed, he’s hearing that Burton’s injury isn’t as bad as it initially seemed and he should be good to go for the summer and season. Another few Rivals insiders said similar things as well, so it must be coming from a few different sources. Fingers crossed that this is all true until the MRI results come in."

Burton was supposed to have an MRI done tonight.