UGA-Georgia-Related-News

SacFalcFan

28 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I was hoping Justin Robinson would ball, he’s not Pickens but would be a huge athletic wr, closest we got to comparable 

There’s been some positive talk about so far this spring. We’ll see but I like what we have in that WR room

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Jermaine burton has to be WR1 now. He came on late last year. Also Justin Robinson is 6’4” 220 lbs. physical freak. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Pickens 

Burton, or Jackson will be WR1.  I don’t recall hearing much positive press on J Robinson last season, it was all about Burton, Rosemy and Smith.

11 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I was hoping Justin Robinson would ball, he’s not Pickens but would be a huge athletic wr, closest we got to comparable 

You never know who is going to step up and ball.

When Waddle went down there were a lot of people who said Alabama will never recover and is out of championship. Well, Smith had a record breaking year and John Metchie got a chance to play and he did great!

Not that this makes the loss of Pickens any easier to take, but someone will step up and take advantage of the playing time.

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

With 2 ACL injuries, I don’t know if I want that guy doing anything other than running in a straight line.

He’s doing that right now... he will be full go by fall camp for sure 

Talking about JRob here

go chargers

That's awesome. I have sooooo many amazing plays that he has made since going to Athens but for obvious reasons we can't post. They come off of the UGA practice website and the clips have the play calls, cadence, audibles and other stuff attached so its " top secret" but I will give you something to think about; last yr 2 things happened that changed for the better last yr offensively. 1st game of the yr and on the verge of losing they bring in Stetson Bennett to save the day...STETSON BENNETT. The kid that was told a month prior that they really didn't have a spot for him. Later, JT emerges and jump starts this offense and gives everyone a reason to be optimistic. What does those two situations have in common??? They both made bones on scout team and they both had Justin to depend on to get them over the hump. They both trust Justin because they have really good chemistry and they trust Justin to make plays. Now it's going to be his turn to step up. There's no doubt in my mind he can do it because I know him. Before he went back to school all he could talk about was GDay...see yall soon.

4 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Burton, or Jackson will be WR1.  I don’t recall hearing much positive press on J Robinson last season, it was all about Burton, Rosemy and Smith.

Burton is WR1 now, and there is zero doubt about that. Was debatable if he was possibly our best WR even before GP1 got hurt, at least from the total package of being a more complete player all around. 

J Robinson was injured most of last year with a broken hand and other minor tweaks, plus a true freshman. There are high hopes for him this season, especially now that a spot is opened. JRob has a real chance to replace GP1's role in the offense as a security blanket for Daniels that can go up and win 50/50 balls for 1st down conversions.