Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

UGA-Georgia-Related-News

593 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

She is horrible.  I think I'd rather listen to Fran Drescher call the game.

I'd rather listen to George Costanza call a game.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Norton arrested for DUI and other alcohol related offenses.

Just dumb, hope he learns from this and becomes a better person for it. If he wasn’t redshirting already he definitely is now 

VA F.O. and 95Dawg like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Gonna miss this guy! I suspect he will do great things in that KC offense.

Slick... Need to get Drob and Dom watching his evolution this year. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Gonna miss this guy! I suspect he will do great things in that KC offense.

I wish guys like Demetrius Robertson would watch stuff like this and realize their potential if they just get smarter and worked the finer details.  But he's got a 2-cent head and has no idea how to get open except with speed.  He relies on speed and thinks that's it.  It's frustrating.

We're going to have a rough WR season this year, I'm afraid.  I really hope we don't become one-dimensional and every team stacks the box because they know we're running 70% of the time because we don't have receivers who can get open.

Maybe, just maybe, K. Jackson can step up his game and turn into a bonafide threat.  Simmons is a possession receiver with a 50/50 shot at doing something cool, but that's about it.

Pickens and Blaylock and going to special, but i'm afraid they won't get the opportunities this season.  And frankly, they need a season to learn how to play against SEC speed and talent before they can understand how much more they're going to have to work to beat up on this level.  And they will.

I really hate to say this, but I think next year (and beyond) is when we hit our stride.  This season might be special too, but there's going to have to be some luck and crazy good stuff happen for that to be the case.

If Swift and Cook stay healthy, and if Jackson, Pickens, and Woerner go off... maybe Zamir White blows our mind with something we didn't see coming, we can do it this year.  But that's a lot of "maybe's" and "if's.".  And I know from experience that it's probably too many of those to be certain.

God I hope so, though.  We deserve it.  We need it so bad.  Just maybe....

Edited by Beef

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

I wish guys like Demetrius Robertson would watch stuff like this and realize their potential if they just get smarter and worked the finer details.  But he's got a 2-cent head and has no idea how to get open except with speed.  He relies on speed and thinks that's it.  It's frustrating.

We're going to have a rough WR season this year, I'm afraid.  I really hope we don't become one-dimensional and every team stacks the box because they know we're running 70% of the time because we don't have receivers who can get open.

Maybe, just maybe, K. Jackson can step up his game and turn into a bonafide threat.  Simmons is a possession receiver with a 50/50 shot at doing something cool, but that's about it.

Pickens and Blaylock and going to special, but i'm afraid they won't get the opportunities this season.  And frankly, they need a season to learn how to play against SEC speed and talent before they can understand how much more they're going to have to work to beat up on this level.  And they will.

I really hate to say this, but I think next year (and beyond) is when we hit our stride.  This season might be special too, but there's going to have to be some luck and crazy good stuff happen for that to be the case.

If Swift and Cook stay healthy, and if Jackson, Pickens, and Woerner go off... maybe Zamir White blows our mind with something we didn't see coming, we can do it this year.  But that's a lot of "maybe's" and "if's.".  And I know from experience that it's probably too many of those to be certain.

God I hope so, though.  We deserve it.  We need it so bad.  Just maybe....

I'm confident nobody steps on Kirby's field without working their tail off

Kirby Smart knows what sets Jake Fromm apart from other QBs

ByJAKE ROWE 28 minutes ago

ATHENS, Ga. -- There may be quarterbacks out there with more raw tools than Jake Fromm. Some have stronger arms, others are more mobile, and some are probably better than Fromm in both of those areas.

But there's a reason Fromm is 23-5 as the starter at Georgia. There's a reason he has started 28 straight contests dating back to the second week of his first College Football season.

Kirby Smart knows what it is.

"He has a passion about the scheme card and the X’s and O’s," Smart said. "He has a really good special awareness of the field, understanding where people are, and where his people are. He trusts the system and believes in the system and knows that he has options. He knows before the play whether he’s going to do this, this, or this. He’s not having to process that information slowly, it comes natural to him through the number of reps he’s gotten. That probably makes him most different, than most other quarterbacks, is just his experience and his exposure to offensive football started at a younger age.”

Smart isn't alone in his thoughts. James Coley, Georgia's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, told reporters earlier this month that Fromm is second to none when it comes to his preparation. When Coley enters the film room to work with his position group, he's almost always greeted by the junior triggerman.

Fromm isn't just there ready for a session with his position coach, either. He quickly asks for more work to do. He wants more film to watch and sometimes, when Coley offers that opportunity, Fromm has already beaten him to the punch and broken the film down.

Teammates have praised the Warner Robins native for his preparation habits, but they've also pointed out other strengths.  They gush over his knowledge of the offense and his ability to get the Bulldogs out of a bad play and into a good one. His ability to lead has also come up, leading more than one player to call him "natural-born" in that category.

It may feel to some like Fromm has been in Athens forever. Starting 28 straight games will do that for a player, but it's important to note that the 5,376 passing yards he has piled up and the 54 touchdowns he has tossed have come as an underclassman. During the 2017 and 2018 seasons, Fromm saw a lot of things for the first time.

Not much is going to surprise him going into his junior season and he has done his best to improve in other, presumably more minor, areas as well.

“More experience," Fromm said when asked what is different in his third preseason at UGA. "To be able to go through all the different scenarios we have during camp, to understand the grind of it, to understand how to take care of my body is a big one. Learning how to take care of my arm has been a big one to be able to sustain throughout camp. It really has been a good opportunity for me to be able to reach out and help the younger guys, too.”

sdogg, Porter Osborne Jr and Carter like this

1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

This has to be some kind of dark comedy

source.gif

#ICWUTUDIDTHERE

Posted (edited)

Well so far these Dawgs have been cut

Ramik

Catalina

Reggie Davis

Edited by 95Dawg

3 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Well so far these Dawgs have been cut

Ramik

Catalina

Reggie Davis

Kinda surprised as Ramik and Catalina had been doing pretty decent. The level of competition in the NFL is just unreal though, I think a lot of people really don’t understand how hard it is to carve out a career in the pros.

11 hours ago, Carter said:

Kinda surprised as Ramik and Catalina had been doing pretty decent. The level of competition in the NFL is just unreal though, I think a lot of people really don’t understand how hard it is to carve out a career in the pros.

this is why the NFL needs a AAA during the season.  All these displaced players could go to triple A.  Learn a system.  when a player leaves (cut/retire/free agency)  you got a replacement.  You can use second tier cities or contract with universities to use stadiums.  The NFL can play these games on Tuesday and Wednesday.  This gives time to promote players next week.  hold them out the game and they go to the big team.   

On 8/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, 95Dawg said:

Kirby Smart knows what sets Jake Fromm apart from other QBs

ByJAKE ROWE 28 minutes ago

ATHENS, Ga. -- There may be quarterbacks out there with more raw tools than Jake Fromm. Some have stronger arms, others are more mobile, and some are probably better than Fromm in both of those areas.

But there's a reason Fromm is 23-5 as the starter at Georgia. There's a reason he has started 28 straight contests dating back to the second week of his first College Football season.

Kirby Smart knows what it is.

"He has a passion about the scheme card and the X’s and O’s," Smart said. "He has a really good special awareness of the field, understanding where people are, and where his people are. He trusts the system and believes in the system and knows that he has options. He knows before the play whether he’s going to do this, this, or this. He’s not having to process that information slowly, it comes natural to him through the number of reps he’s gotten. That probably makes him most different, than most other quarterbacks, is just his experience and his exposure to offensive football started at a younger age.”

Smart isn't alone in his thoughts. James Coley, Georgia's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, told reporters earlier this month that Fromm is second to none when it comes to his preparation. When Coley enters the film room to work with his position group, he's almost always greeted by the junior triggerman.

Fromm isn't just there ready for a session with his position coach, either. He quickly asks for more work to do. He wants more film to watch and sometimes, when Coley offers that opportunity, Fromm has already beaten him to the punch and broken the film down.

Teammates have praised the Warner Robins native for his preparation habits, but they've also pointed out other strengths.  They gush over his knowledge of the offense and his ability to get the Bulldogs out of a bad play and into a good one. His ability to lead has also come up, leading more than one player to call him "natural-born" in that category.

It may feel to some like Fromm has been in Athens forever. Starting 28 straight games will do that for a player, but it's important to note that the 5,376 passing yards he has piled up and the 54 touchdowns he has tossed have come as an underclassman. During the 2017 and 2018 seasons, Fromm saw a lot of things for the first time.

Not much is going to surprise him going into his junior season and he has done his best to improve in other, presumably more minor, areas as well.

“More experience," Fromm said when asked what is different in his third preseason at UGA. "To be able to go through all the different scenarios we have during camp, to understand the grind of it, to understand how to take care of my body is a big one. Learning how to take care of my arm has been a big one to be able to sustain throughout camp. It really has been a good opportunity for me to be able to reach out and help the younger guys, too.”

I think Fromm could be a great offensive coordinator or head coach one day, like a Sean McVay or Lincoln Riley.

I've never seen him as long term NFL starter so I have trouble with these 1st round pick projections I've read, but I have seen some reports this summer of increased arm strength and better zip on the ball, so we'll see.

95Dawg likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

I think Fromm could be a great offensive coordinator or head coach one day, like a Sean McVay or Lincoln Riley.

I've never seen him as long term NFL starter so I have trouble with these 1st round pick projections I've read, but I have seen some reports this summer of increased arm strength and better zip on the ball, so we'll see.

The best job in the nfl is backup QB. Get paid and not take any punishment.  Matt Schaub has made over 10 mil the past 3/4 years and has thrown like 1 pass.

Edited by richham

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

He shouldn't have gone against the advice he was given.

I know, he would have been such a huge weapon though.