Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

UGA-Georgia-Related-News

336 posts in this topic

Georgia DC Dan Lanning on Tyrique Stevenson: ‘Holy moly, we’ve got a ballplayer’

ATHENS — It didn’t take Georgia football coaches long to learn why incoming freshman Tyrique Stevenson was nicknamed “The Freak.”

“You go watch practice, you watch that guy for a little bit and and you’re saying, ‘Holy moly we’ve got a ballplayer,’ “ UGA defensive coordinator Dan Lanning said on Monday.

“That’s what he is. So we’ve got to do a good job as coaches of getting him ready to go out there and play,”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-lanning-tyrique-stevenson-freak-holy-moly-kirby

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

Well if that ain't something.

That game will have higher ratings than most conference championship games, and probably some playoff games

sdogg likes this

After all the whining Auburn made over the road and road game every other year at UGA and Bama at the end of the year, the SEC gives them LSU and Bama in consecutive weeks to close out the 2020 season. At least they had a cupcake week between UGA and Bama. :lol:

2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

After all the whining Auburn made over the road and road game every other year at UGA and Bama at the end of the year, the SEC gives them LSU and Bama in consecutive weeks to close out the 2020 season. At least they had a cupcake week between UGA and Bama. :lol:

I am loving their continued whining.. now they are angry that they got lsu and then bama.. lolol  they want to return back to back road games against UGA we are game.. 

5 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

That is just PERFECT!

45 minutes ago, Carter said:

lol this guy... click to see the full image.

Unless you can find the actual article, pretty confident that is pure BS. CFTTN is "college football trash talk nation"... take a look at their thread and look at the other made up quotes. 

Carter likes this

I'm all for dogpiling on Fields if it's an accurate quote... but I haven't been able to find it anywhere legitimate. The site/twitter account is basically The Onion for college football.

Carter likes this

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Unless you can find the actual article, pretty confident that is pure BS. CFTTN is "college football trash talk nation"... take a look at their thread and look at the other made up quotes. 

Yeah, you sure are right. I am shame. I never do that and I just did it. I always try to verify stuff and I skipped right through this one.

Walk of shame.

Don’t throw a shoe at me @g-dawg :lol: 

fibonaccisquared and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Yeah, you sure are right. I am shame. I never do that and I just did it. I always try to verify stuff and I skipped right through this one.

Walk of shame.

All good, I had to convince a few people on a group message chain earlier who were just SURE it was real... :lol: 

Carter likes this

Just now, fibonaccisquared said:

All good, I had to convince a few people on a group message chain earlier who were just SURE it was real... :lol: 

I can believe that. I am fired up for this season and wanted it to be true just so I can root for a UGA/OSU playoff matchup. Would be sweet to beat him even if he only has the best things to say about us lol

5 hours ago, Carter said:

Walk of shame.

No worries.  

Carter likes this

Travon Walker standing out with athleticism, attitude early on

ByJAKE ROWE 84 minutes ago

ATHENS, Ga. -- Just five practices into their first preseason camp at the college level, Georgia's freshmen probably aren't ready to be fully evaluated yet. They've undoubtedly learned a lot already but, for most, they'll need more time before the coaches see what they need to see.

Some, however, have the talent and maturity to make a strong impression right away and that appears to be the case with freshman defensive lineman Travon Walker.

"Travon and David (Marshall) come from the same place, so they've just got that dog in them," fourth-year junior left guard Solomon Kindley said. "Travon, he works very hard. He's a very good pass rusher. He gets off the ball really fast. Travon can be really good, he just has to stick to it and keep going."

Walker and Marshall hail from Thomaston, Ga., a small middle Georgia town where Upson-Lee High School has been a basketball powerhouse of late. The program went two years without losing a game and Walker, along with UGA guard Tye Fagan, was a big part of that.

Now his sole focus is the gridiron where he uses the same athleticism that allowed him to be a standout on the hardwood to excel. But according to his new defensive coordinator, there's more to the 6-foot-5 290-pound defensive tackle than how well he can move.

"Travon is extremely athletic, is strong, he's really an athletic guy for his size; obviously has the basketball history as a high school player, so I'm definitely excited to see what he can do," Dan Lanning said. "He's a guy that's good moving but he's also strong enough to hold the point."

Walker was a huge signee for Georgia in the 2019 class. That could be said for all five-star prospects but Walker is a little different because he was considered the best defensive lineman in the Peach State in 2019. The Bulldogs went into the class needing to restock the cupboard on the defensive line and Walker was the crown jewel of UGA's haul, which was ranked No. 2 in the nation per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

When the dust settled on last year's class, Walker was ranked as the No. 22 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 3 defensive tackle, and the No. 2 player in Georgia per the 247Sports Composite. Barton Simmons, 247Sports National Director of Recruiting, stated that it wouldn't shock him if Walker ended up being the best player in this class once all was said and done. It's safe to say that the former two-sport athlete is oozing with potential.

Even five-star talents need five-star attitudes to get where they're going. Walker showed some of that in his senior year at Upson-Lee where he played out of position to help the team. His team needed him at inside linebacker to help make more of an impact on the game and he did what was asked. He flourished in that role after being dominant with his hand in the dirt the year before.

He's showing that same willingness to listen to his coaches in his short time at UGA thus far.

"He's definitely quick. That's one thing that some offensive linemen struggle handling, is just a quick d-linemen, somebody coming through a gap," fourth-year junior right guard Ben Cleveland said. "He's definitely got that working for him. He's got really good hands and really good feet. Just like all the other young guys, he's being very coachable and taking what we give him."

fibonaccisquared and sdogg like this

43 minutes ago, Ricky Fontaine said:

Is Brenton Cox going to Florida?

Seems like a good fit for that program...  :munch: