598 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

This is a great danger to my productivity for the afternoon

It was awesome to look at during lunch.

2 Goals in a work life:

1) make it to closing

2) make it to Friday

We are almost there

I'm not sure if its been posted elsewhere but anyone have any inkling of possible kickoff times for TAMU in a few weeks? Looking at trying to score a pair but not trying to waste my time if it's a noon kickoff. TIA

Edited by RxDawg

21 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

I'm not sure if its been posted elsewhere but anyone have any inkling of possible kickoff times for TAMU in a few weeks? Looking at trying to score a pair but not trying to waste my time if it's a noon kickoff. TIA

msg me if you want some seats.. i got some for sale..

4 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Thanks for the link. To keep it simple, I like to see the potency of an offense as lying somewhere in between the points generated and the yardage they have gained.

So I coded up a quick analysis to
1) Normalize the points per drive and yards per drive
2) Find the mean of the normalized values, which I call "Offensive Effectiveness"

Here's the final report. Interestingly, it looks like this metric correlates well with the alphabetical position of the school name. :D

The next place I'd want to go is to try and control for strength of schedule, but that's more trouble than I want right now, haha.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.21.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.25.03 PM.png

95Dawg, Carter and sdogg like this

It's really striking how much further ahead the top 3 are from UF, A&M, and Auburn. And how bad Vandy has been. They pale in comparison to even Tennessee and Arkansas.

Georgia football defense rankings

Scoring defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 2 nationally, 10.10 points per game

Rushing defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 4 nationally, 74.6 yards per game

Total defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 5 nationally, 260.3 yards per game

Pass efficiency defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 9 nationally, 107.95 rating

Red zone defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 1 nationally, .538

13 RedZone trips, 4 pass TD, 3 FG, 0 Rush TD

3rd down conversion defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 11 nationally, 29.6 percent

First down defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 6 nationally, 130 allowed

3 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Georgia football defense rankings

Scoring defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 2 nationally, 10.10 points per game

Rushing defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 4 nationally, 74.6 yards per game

Total defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 5 nationally, 260.3 yards per game

Pass efficiency defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 9 nationally, 107.95 rating

Red zone defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 1 nationally, .538

13 RedZone trips, 4 pass TD, 3 FG, 0 Rush TD

3rd down conversion defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 11 nationally, 29.6 percent

First down defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 6 nationally, 130 allowed

Keep going I'm almost there.

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Mecole going to Kansas City with Mahomes and Reid was the best situation for him.

Perfect landing spot for sure.

Ovie_Lover likes this

12 hours ago, Carter said:

The Texas A&M game got picked by CBS. 3:30 kick

that is awesome.. will be a great recruiting day. 

16 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Anyone think the pitman to Arkansas has any legs ?

Nope.  More hope on my end than anything but he has stated before that he wants to retire in Athens.

95Dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Anyone think the pitman to Arkansas has any legs ?

nope..   there is no way they would do that.. they need to make a legit hire.. 

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/11/12/georgia-footballs-defensive-stats-are-absolutely-nuts/?fbclid=IwAR2dVRJrrJz3V9JDXjW6Tk8fzWpmYWx_dovq7ypNF6seiVvdF0RX8JdELQo

This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and it’s one of the NCAA’s elite defenses. In nine games this year, the defense has allowed a high of 17 points.

Here’s each game so far:

6, 17, 0, 17, 14, 13, 0, 17, 0.

Remember, in the South Carolina game Georgia’s defense actually only allowed 13 points. The Gamecocks got seven when they returned an interception back for a touchdown.

That’s three shutouts, and two of those came against SEC teams Kentucky and Missouri.

This defense is something special.

Saturday proved that again as Georgia held Missouri to 0 points, 198 total yards, 148 passing and 50 rushing.

In the fourth quarter, Georgia almost saw its nine game streak of no rushing touchdowns allowed come to a close. But the defense prevailed and not only did not allow a rushing score, but no score at all for that matter.

The passing defense could be cleaned up a little bit, but the Dawgs are still fine in that category, ranking 17th nationally.

A big part of Georgia’s solid passing defense can be credited to the run defense. Georgia takes away its opponents run game. It’s a sure thing. Basically, if you think you want to run the ball against Georgia, think again.

With the Dawgs being so stout against the run, teams are forced to throw it. And just because the Georgia pass defense is not as elite as its run defense, don’t take that secondary lightly. There are some big name players back there just waiting for you to throw it at them.

Compared to the rest of the SEC, there’s no questioning that Georgia has the conference’s best defense.

Just look at these stats and where they rank among the SEC and the nation.

10.1 points per game allowed (2nd nationally, 1st in the SEC)

260.3 total yards per game allowed (5th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

4.32 yards per played allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

185.8 passing yards per game allowed (17th nationally, 3rd in the SEC)

5.6 yards per attempt (5th nationally, 2nd in the SEC)

74.5 rushing yards per game allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

2.77 yards per carry allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

29.6% opponent 3rd down conversion rate (11th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

57.14% opponent red zone score conversion rate (1st nationally, 1st in the SEC)

9 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/11/12/georgia-footballs-defensive-stats-are-absolutely-nuts/?fbclid=IwAR2dVRJrrJz3V9JDXjW6Tk8fzWpmYWx_dovq7ypNF6seiVvdF0RX8JdELQo

This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and it’s one of the NCAA’s elite defenses. In nine games this year, the defense has allowed a high of 17 points.

Here’s each game so far:

6, 17, 0, 17, 14, 13, 0, 17, 0.

Remember, in the South Carolina game Georgia’s defense actually only allowed 13 points. The Gamecocks got seven when they returned an interception back for a touchdown.

That’s three shutouts, and two of those came against SEC teams Kentucky and Missouri.

This defense is something special.

Saturday proved that again as Georgia held Missouri to 0 points, 198 total yards, 148 passing and 50 rushing.

In the fourth quarter, Georgia almost saw its nine game streak of no rushing touchdowns allowed come to a close. But the defense prevailed and not only did not allow a rushing score, but no score at all for that matter.

The passing defense could be cleaned up a little bit, but the Dawgs are still fine in that category, ranking 17th nationally.

A big part of Georgia’s solid passing defense can be credited to the run defense. Georgia takes away its opponents run game. It’s a sure thing. Basically, if you think you want to run the ball against Georgia, think again.

With the Dawgs being so stout against the run, teams are forced to throw it. And just because the Georgia pass defense is not as elite as its run defense, don’t take that secondary lightly. There are some big name players back there just waiting for you to throw it at them.

Compared to the rest of the SEC, there’s no questioning that Georgia has the conference’s best defense.

Just look at these stats and where they rank among the SEC and the nation.

10.1 points per game allowed (2nd nationally, 1st in the SEC)

260.3 total yards per game allowed (5th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

4.32 yards per played allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

185.8 passing yards per game allowed (17th nationally, 3rd in the SEC)

5.6 yards per attempt (5th nationally, 2nd in the SEC)

74.5 rushing yards per game allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

2.77 yards per carry allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

29.6% opponent 3rd down conversion rate (11th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

57.14% opponent red zone score conversion rate (1st nationally, 1st in the SEC)

If we could only get the offense and Kirby to wake up!  The D has been spec....wait they are crap!  Worst defense in the nation!!!!  :D

Carter and SacFalcFan like this

from Lake's 247 thread

LakeNormandawgMOD
Posted on 83 mins, , User Since 99 months ago, User Post Count: 17,272
  • 83 mins
  • 99 months

Was approved by Regents last night and construction will begin in Jan.. Project will be in two phases:

#1-109,000 square feet of new locker room, new offices and conference rooms for football coaches, new sports medicine and new weight room and conditioning area..

When workers finish phase 1, UGA football operations will move there while workers go into the vacated space to begin phase 2.Phase two will include new team meeting area auditorium, scout team room, lounge and nutrition area with a demonstration kitchen..

Phase 1 will start in January and be completed by start of 2021 season..Phase 2 begins in January of 2022..

AutumnEffect and Carter like this