Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

UGA-Georgia-Related-News

388 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

I guess we've got no updates on Kindley, Stokes, or Campbell (except that they aren't practicing)?

I guess no news is good news. Gotta think if it was very serious, we'd know about it.

I think they said today that neither are long term injuries, stokes is wearing a knee brace and kindley is a sprain... Both expected back sooner rather than later

AutumnEffect and sdogg like this

5 hours ago, Carter said:

I sure hope he follows through with this. I was stunned cook and Pickens didn’t get more service.

Edited by richham
95Dawg and sdogg like this

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

We are really wasting Cook. Heck, we’re wasting Fromm as well. 

I agree, what’s the point of having a great Qb and leader if you’re going to handcuff him? Isn’t it reasonable to assume that if you let Fromm air it out more, it’s only going to open up the running game even more? Then you can really shove it down the other teams throat.

Edited by richham
sdogg likes this

Just now, richham said:

I agree, what’s the point of having a great Qb and leader if your going to handcuff him? Isn’t it reasonable to assume that if you let Fromm air it out more, it’s only going to open up the running game even more? Then you can really shove it down the other teams throat.

Exactly!!

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Exactly!!

I think Kirby needs to do some soul searching, because I believe he can have his cake and eat it too!  If he continues on this path, he’s going to look back and regret having such a great QB and using him so little. If Fromm leaves he’s not going to have that luxury next year.

sdogg likes this

Especially since this wasn't even an SEC game. How are you ever going to know what kind of team you have for the big situations if you never challenge them?

sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, sdogg said:

That pass blocking is horrible. 

Worse than I thought plus Trey seems to be backwards compared to the others and is better a pass blocking.

And of course AT is the MAN!

39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

No, PFF is horrible. Pretty much a useless stat. 

The issue I think I've settled on for PFF is this. In the NFL, the difference in talent from the worst team to the best team is fairly slim. So even when you're playing the Dolphins, it's still at least a "similar" caliber opponent.

College football has no such level of parity... within a conference, there are clearly "trophic levels" of competition... PFF seemingly ignores difficulty of opponent for a pure metric, that ultimately ends up being pretty useless unless you're comparing how team A performed against team X vs how team B performed against team X (and even *still* it's a stretch).

The thing is, I don’t need PFF to tell that our pass blocking has not been up to what it should be, considering the talent and OL coach we have. 

4 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

The issue I think I've settled on for PFF is this. In the NFL, the difference in talent from the worst team to the best team is fairly slim. So even when you're playing the Dolphins, it's still at least a "similar" caliber opponent.

College football has no such level of parity... within a conference, there are clearly "trophic levels" of competition... PFF seemingly ignores difficulty of opponent for a pure metric, that ultimately ends up being pretty useless unless you're comparing how team A performed against team X vs how team B performed against team X (and even *still* it's a stretch).

well said man.. i was about to post the same thing about it..