Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

UGA-Georgia-Related-News

325 posts in this topic

From 247:

Dominick Blaylock's performance against Arkansas State may have caught some by surprise but it didn't really stun anyone who saw the kid practice last week. One source told me that Blaylock turned it up a notch or two and things have clicked regarding his understanding of the offense. There are still some hurdles for him to clear in regards to becoming a more physical blocker and doing the little things correctly, but when it comes to making sight adjustments to his routes and setting up defenders for his breaks, he is getting better by the day and was already advanced for a youngster.

It's about this time of year every year when I check with my contacts about guys who are impressing on the scout team and I had multiple people bring up Makiya Tongue on Sunday. He's not out there burning the defense deep or wowing with big plays, but those who've gotten a look at him love how he catches everything throw his way. They also think he's probably one of the Bulldogs' most physical wideouts and even at 6-foot-2 215 pounds, he plays bigger than he is. It wouldn't shock me at all if he started making some strides later on in the year and forced his way onto the field but with all things considered, him taking a redshirt is my expectation.

22 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

From 247:

Dominick Blaylock's performance against Arkansas State may have caught some by surprise but it didn't really stun anyone who saw the kid practice last week. One source told me that Blaylock turned it up a notch or two and things have clicked regarding his understanding of the offense. There are still some hurdles for him to clear in regards to becoming a more physical blocker and doing the little things correctly, but when it comes to making sight adjustments to his routes and setting up defenders for his breaks, he is getting better by the day and was already advanced for a youngster.

It's about this time of year every year when I check with my contacts about guys who are impressing on the scout team and I had multiple people bring up Makiya Tongue on Sunday. He's not out there burning the defense deep or wowing with big plays, but those who've gotten a look at him love how he catches everything throw his way. They also think he's probably one of the Bulldogs' most physical wideouts and even at 6-foot-2 215 pounds, he plays bigger than he is. It wouldn't shock me at all if he started making some strides later on in the year and forced his way onto the field but with all things considered, him taking a redshirt is my expectation.

It’s kind of funny that both blaylock and Pickens have more catches, yds and tds than haselwood.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:38 AM, Turkeydawg said:

Nice.  I think I still have my Scorpions pin that I bought at Turtles in the 80’s.

lol camping out at Turtles for tickets...Scorpions Worldwide Live tour...

Never camped for tickets but I waited in lines for 

Floyd

The Who 

Stones

blindly showed up only once at a concert looking for tickets and me and my buddy got them in our walk from a mall parking lot to the venue. Lollapalooza 92. RHCP Soundgarden Pearl Jam and more. 

putnam6 likes this

27 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Never camped for tickets but I waited in lines for 

Floyd

The Who 

Stones

blindly showed up only once at a concert looking for tickets and me and my buddy got them in our walk from a mall parking lot to the venue. Lollapalooza 92. RHCP Soundgarden Pearl Jam and more. 

I only stayed the whole night once for Van Halen, most times you just had a guy who scalped tix at school

95Dawg likes this

38 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Any word on injuries?

Good question. Lots of credit to the guys battling despite 2 hurt OL and 2 hurt corners. That's a death sentence for a lot of teams with passing games and pass rush of ND quality.

3 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Good question. Lots of credit to the guys battling despite 2 hurt OL and 2 hurt corners. That's a death sentence for a lot of teams with passing games and pass rush of ND quality.

The good thing is I don’t believe Campbell or Stokes(actually came back in the game) injuries were serious but haven’t heard anything regarding McKinnley

I know this was posted in the Tennessee thread, but seriously yall, read the responses. It's hours worth of entertainment lol.

Schadenfreude 

Carter and sdogg like this

"Now I can go to bed disappointed instead of spending the whole day pissed"

"Nationally televised execution.....awesome!!"

"This is just sickening what ESPN is doing to Tennessee. No reason for this to be the top game, ESPN want TN to be humiliated on national TV. There is blood in the water and ESPN is trying to televise the kill."

"I feel like if we can keep this within 9 TDs that’s something to build on"

:lol:

Carter and sdogg like this

9 hours ago, RedandBlack4Life! said:

"Now I can go to bed disappointed instead of spending the whole day pissed"

"Nationally televised execution.....awesome!!"

"This is just sickening what ESPN is doing to Tennessee. No reason for this to be the top game, ESPN want TN to be humiliated on national TV. There is blood in the water and ESPN is trying to televise the kill."

"I feel like if we can keep this within 9 TDs that’s something to build on"

:lol:

Freaking hilarious!!

From a Kipp article

Though 4 games:

Total offense (yards per game)

No. 19 overall, No. 3 in the SEC: 508.8 yards per game

Last week: No. 7 overall, No. 1 in the SEC: 561.3 yards per game

2018 end of season ranking: No. 18 overall, No. 5 in SEC: 464.9 yards per game

2017 end of season ranking: No. 36 overall, No. 5 in SEC: 435.3 yards per game

2016 end of season ranking: No. 87 overall, 384.7 yards per game

Total defense (yards allowed per game)

No. 11 overall, No. 2 in the SEC: 262.5 yards allowed per game

Last week: No. 9 overall, No. 2 in the SEC: 243 yards allowed per game

2018 end of season ranking: No. 13 overall, No. 2 in the SEC: 314.3 yards allowed per game

2017 end of season ranking: No. 6 overall, No. 2 in SEC: 294.9 yards allowed per game

2016 end of season ranking: No. 16 overall, 327.5 yards allowed per game

I guess we've got no updates on Kindley, Stokes, or Campbell (except that they aren't practicing)?

I guess no news is good news. Gotta think if it was very serious, we'd know about it.