since68andcounting

Record predictions for this season

91 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2019 at 0:04 AM, Roanoke Falcon said:

We have a 12-4 offense and a 4-12 defense.

Yep, 8-8

On 7/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, MAD597 said:

8-8, staff gets cleaned out, restart, after another half rebuild Ryan has probably one more season before he hits 40 where the team hits all cylinders, all the other years are spent playing whack a mole with the defensive roster and Coordinators, the one year we get it right before Ryan retires we again blow it either late in the playoffs or in the SB due to lack of focus on the DL. Same crap different day

who do you think will be the new head coach if DQ gets fired?

On 7/8/2019 at 0:10 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

How in the heIl can anyone give any kind of guess about how good or bad the Falcons will be this year without seeing a single preseason game by any NFL team?

you can take an educated guess. you can probably name 3 teams in the AFC and 3 teams in the NFC who are most likely to make the super bowl and one of those 3 teams will make it in both conferences. The Falcons should be a legit contender if they stay healthy. and you know the Falcons want to win it all more than anybody because of 2012 and 2016 and they know how bad the city wants it. with that said i say the 3 teams most likely to make the super bowl in 2019 in both conferences are NFC 1. Falcons 2. Saints 3. Packers AFC 1. Patriots 2. Colts 3. Ravens/Steelers/Chiefs haven't decided yet on 3 but ive narrowed it down.

2 hours ago, cam-marino said:

Who r the 6 Ls?

split the division 3-3. Then the vikings, eagles, colts, rams and seahawks are all hard games. 10-6 is generous imo

ButSkiuup likes this

We're staring 0-20 in the face.

Seriously, I think we underperform, and it won't be because of injuries.  Realizing (again) how we squandered our best shot in SB51, Blank will fire both DQ and Dimitroff and bring in a retread coach that the fanbase will be mad about at first.

6-10

I’m predicting a 10-6 record but more importantly we will go on a roll with our last 6 games and become unbeatable.  The team will take some time to gel but once that happens it’s lights out.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, MAD597 said:

We have a 12-4 offense and a 4-12 defense.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, MAD597 said:

Yep, 8-8

At best. I actually believe 5 to 7 wins more likely. I don't believe in Dan Quinn's scheme without the prime-time Seattle personnel. Their success was driven by the talents of the players: not the coaches in my opinion.

I won’t be surprised if we start 0-3, then win 5 in a row, lose 1 more and then win out the rest all the way including the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

At best. I actually believe 5 to 7 wins more likely. I don't believe in Dan Quinn's scheme without the prime-time Seattle personnel. Their success was driven by the talents of the players: not the coaches in my opinion.

Since Week 12 of 2016, the Falcons allow 19 ppg when Debo is in the lineup.  Quinn has warts, but he isn’t close to being a problem.  Still a top 6 HC

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/17/nfl-schedule-2019-team-record-predictions

FALCONS: 11–5*

I’m going to get hammered for this, and so be it. I don’t think there is a lot of pressure in Atlanta to regroup after a 7–9 season, but there’s also a lot to like: A fortified offensive line, a developing Calvin Ridley and a schedule that breaks pretty nicely after the bye (at New Orleans, at Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, at San Francisco, Jacksonville, at Tampa Bay)

Ergo Proxy likes this

I'm really feeling 10-6, upwards of 12-4. You gotta get the right breaks. 

The Saints are obviously a good team. I know it's said every year, but I think the Bucs will be somewhat dangerous as well--Arians is a great coach. I think the team that's going to really struggle is Carolina. I don't think Cam is healthy, and River Boat Ron is a really, really overrated coach. 

Because it's the NFL, predicting seeding is virtually impossible. If I had to suggest who I believe will make the playoffs, the six would be:

-Atlanta, Philadelphia, Seattle, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and... I think Green Bay? Not sold on the least in Trubisky or Cousins. 

NFC is loaded. Whoever makes the dance will have a good shot of getting to Miami.