Falcons Fan MVP

Are you feeling confident about our defensive line going into 2019?

87 posts in this topic

How are you feeling about our defensive line right now? Are you confident? Are you hoping and praying we add another pass rusher or run stopper? Do you think they have all they need to hold any offense under 20 points a game? 

IMHO Our DL will surprise this year and be one of the top 5 DL's in the NFL. It is our deepest postion with WR on the team..

GATXBOI likes this

56 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

IMHO Our DL will surprise this year and be one of the top 5 DL's in the NFL. It is our deepest postion with WR on the team..

Very possible

Yes on the caveat that the coaches prepare them and game plan correctly he’ll yes.Its much like this **** team we are loaded talent wise it just needs to come together as one.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Im cautiously optimistic. 

too many question marks to be confident. How will Bea z play? Will Davison be what we need him to be? Will.Senat take that next step? Will.we.get anything out of Hageman?

I think Takk and Clay will.play.well together if Beasley doesnt step up. Neither are sack masters, but both get consistant pressure.

Andersen Fan likes this

I think Quinn will find ways for them to bring the pressure. Not a boatload but just enough to let opposing QBs know that they ain't gone be holding on to the ball too long against this defense.

I think we will be top 8 in stopping the run. I also think even though the pass rushing might be average or slightly below, with coach taking over the play calling, the improved secondary will help mask it during 3rd downs to help get us off the field. 

If Im going off the last couple of seasons.... No

Hopefully that changes when they take the field.... Injuries aside... They were pretty bad last year..I believe they are motivated and have something to prove...

I hope so anyway

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

Signing Allen Bailey would help me feel a lil better

Why? He has been in the league for 8 years and had his best season last year with 6 sacks. 19.5 total over 8 seasons. Looks average at best

6 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Why? He has been in the league for 8 years and had his best season last year with 6 sacks. 19.5 total over 8 seasons. Looks average at best

Don’t let stats form your opinion. Consider the fact he’s played in different schemes and different positions his entire career. How many 3-4 lineman can you think of who are known to be sack guys outside of jj watt. 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don’t let stats form your opinion. Consider the fact he’s played in different schemes and different positions his entire career. How many 3-4 lineman can you think of who are known to be sack guys outside of jj watt. 

So is he really that much of an improvement from what we have? Seriously asking because other than researching stats, i dont know much about him.

Just now, LouDog said:

So is he really that much of an improvement from what we have? Seriously asking because other than researching stats, i dont know much about him.

If Im being honest, he would serve the same exact purpose and contribute on the same level as what you get from Clayborn. He can play DE and DT in a 4-3. He came into the league as a 4-3 DE who needed to be coached up. Not saying that didn’t happen in KC but using him mostly as a 3-4 de/dt put a stop to him progressing as a potential decent pass rusher. I don’t think anyone would expect him to be a starter but if there’s going to be a real rotational and Takk and Vic will be used in unique ways, he could definitely be utilized and provide a push towards the QB cause the guys is plenty strong. 

17 minutes ago, LouDog said:

He would be a good rotational piece. 

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m not excited about them, but it’s not something I completely hate

Potential is there. Still feels like we need one more player ( ala Allen Bailey) assuming Cominsky is a year away.

Knight of God likes this

Confident? No, Hopeful? Yes. DQ won a super bowl as a DC with a similar collection of talent along the DLIne.  Only had one player bigger than 325, nobody played more than 600 snaps, only one played that many, most were 450-550.  Had 8 players with between 450-598 snaps on the DLine. Think that's what he has in mind for this years falcons

Can see Senat & Davison playing the run as DTs, freeing up Grady to both play fewer snaps and play more passing downs. Got several players that can rush the passer, hopefully, one or two will really stand out. Takk has to take the 3rd year leap-think with Takk, it's just  matter of staying healthy. A focused Hageman would be  real bonus.

Takk, Hags, Grady and Beasley could wreak havoc on 3rd and long.

A killer offense that forces other teams to be one dimensional to keep up will help the DLine.  A healthy back 7 that provides better coverage will also help.

So, yeah, they're reasons to be hopeful, but not confident.

HouseofEuphoria and Chaz like this