Marlins @ Braves

The runner is eligible for suspension. In the video you can see him slightly move. Per MLB rules a runner cannot alter their path to contact the catcher. I'm not sure if it was intentional but MLB certainly has a case for discipline. Especially since the umpires ruled that the runner violated the rules. You can see him move in the 2nd angle of this video.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's great when Donaldson homers to the opposite field, but it's that much better when a 33-year-old man earning $23 million has a hustle double on a blooper. That dude ALWAYS comes to play.

Great shot. If I’m Charlie that’s going to be somewhere in my home lol. 

And the best bullpen ERA in the NL belongs to.... your Atlanta Braves!

9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The runner is eligible for suspension. In the video you can see him slightly move. Per MLB rules a runner cannot alter their path to contact the catcher. I'm not sure if it was intentional but MLB certainly has a case for discipline. Especially since the umpires ruled that the runner violated the rules. You can see him move in the 2nd angle of this video.

He definitely didn't do it on purpose. You can tell he thought the throw was going to take Lucroy to the back side of the plate but didn't. 

He definitely should be out but not sure he should be suspended. 

19 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Can I get a Hand as to who it will be....

We have two guys in triple A with a 1.000 OPS and 41 HR’s between them.  Give one a shot at RF or trade them for bullpen help.  They are depreciating assets if we aren’t willing to call them up

I hope you don't think we can get Hand for Duvall or Demeritt. 

17 minutes ago, LouDog said:

The guy did it on purpose it looked like to me. LuCroy gave him the entire plate and actually had one of his feet all the way in the grass. It looked like the angels pitcher was about to whip some *** afterwards lol

Oh, agree and he was immediately regretful for his transgression because he New immediately that he took it to far. Not cool. 

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He definitely didn't do it on purpose. You can tell he thought the throw was going to take Lucroy to the back side of the plate but didn't. 

Maybe and like I’ve said he was immediately remorseful so you know the game is hard nosed. Things happen. Sometimes bad things. 

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Maybe and like I’ve said he was immediately remorseful so you know the game is hard nosed. Things happen. Sometimes bad things. 

He was definetly remorseful. Only reason i think it was on purpose is he never even looked for the ball. He was staring at LuCroy the whole time

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

He was definetly remorseful. Only reason i think it was on purpose is he never even looked for the ball. He was staring at LuCroy the whole time

Just goes to show us fans that the game is hard and every play is important to these ball players. Bottom line is, it will be handled by the MLB. Know that my friend. 

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Oh come on

Just now, Black Francis said:

Just goes to show us fans that the game is hard and every play is important to these ball players. Bottom line is, it will be handled by the MLB. Know that my friend. 

Yeah it will. I wonder if little league is taught different now. When i played growing up they taught you to go through the catcher. I wonder if they made the rule change when the mlb did. If not, its hard to change what you always did growing up .

14 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah it will. I wonder if little league is taught different now. When i played growing up they taught you to go through the catcher. I wonder if they made the rule change when the mlb did. If not, its hard to change what you always did growing up .

Yep. Those days are over per the rules changes but it’s still hard when in the moment. I remember playing flag football in the 90’s while in the military. I literally went right through a receiver and laid him out through his back.  Big athletic dude. Lol. I apologizes profusely and told him so was too used to the real game and he said “it’s ok, I did the same thing too my first game.”  “You’ll get used to it”.  The game is hard lol. 

9 minutes ago, dmite said:

Glad Luke was able to get out of it, some weirdness happened and Charlie bailed him out. 

It’s time to stop calling it weirdness and bad luck.   I haven’t looked but I’d bet he has more pitches, walks, and hits allowed than probably any other closer with over 30 appearances.  We already know he has more blown saves than any other closer by a few.

It’s time to make a move.  We got talent in the minors going to waste.  Trade for somebody, AA.  We got something special going on here.  Fix our only real hole and we can go the limit.

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Yep. Those days are over per the rules changes but it’s still hard when in the moment. I remember playing flag football in the 90’s while in the military. I literally went right through a receiver and laid him out through his back.  Big athletic dude. Lol. I apologizes profusely and told him so was too used to the real game and he said “it’s ok, I did the same thing too my first game.”  “You’ll get used to it”.  The game is hard lol. 

Lmao nice. I used the old way to my advantage in the playoffs. People were so use to everyone running through the catcher that it is what they expected. I was trying to score but the catcher was like twice my size. I bent down like i was bracing for a hit. Soon as he lowered his shoulder i dove over him and landed on home plate. Pretty lucky it worked but a **** of a way to win a game.

12 minutes ago, Beef said:

It’s time to stop calling it weirdness and bad luck.   I haven’t looked but I’d bet he has more pitches, walks, and hits allowed than probably any other closer with over 30 appearances.  We already know he has more blown saves than any other closer by a few.

It’s time to make a move.  We got talent in the minors going to waste.  Trade for somebody, AA.  We got something special going on here.  Fix our only real hole and we can go the limit.

Luke has given up 9 infield hits.....most of whixh were very soft contact.

That IS bad luck.

Maybe you should start looking at the numbers of someof the guys that will actually be available ....Jacksons numbers are on par with all of them

12 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah he isnt the best closer but man does he have some bad luck on top of it all. Slow dribbler down the line, pop up bunt over his head, just craziness.

If Luke doesn’t blow six saves we’re tied with the Dodgers for best record in baseball.

Six.  Plus about at least eight more that were heart attacks like today. 

He’s creating the situations that enable the “bad luck”.  Like that bunt today never should have happened, but he primed the situation where two guys were on base with no outs.  And that’s been his constant issue. Walking guys or giving guys fat pitches because he’s behind in the count and/or not hitting his spots and hanging breaking balls.

Dude needs to be a 6-7th RP or 8th setup.  Anything but closer.

10 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Lmao nice. I used the old way to my advantage in the playoffs. People were so use to everyone running through the catcher that it is what they expected. I was trying to score but the catcher was like twice my size. I bent down like i was bracing for a hit. Soon as he lowered his shoulder i dove over him and landed on home plate. Pretty lucky it worked but a **** of a way to win a game.

Nice job! I remember coming down the third base line at full speed then stopping short in softball lol. The catcher totally whiffed and I dodged and walked in lol. Sultans of Swing memories lol. God bless Dire Straits. 

9 minutes ago, Beef said:

If Luke doesn’t blow six saves we’re tied with the Dodgers for best record in baseball.

Six.  Plus about at least eight more that were heart attacks like today. 

He’s creating the situations that enable the “bad luck”.  Like that bunt today never should have happened, but he primed the situation where two guys were on base with no outs.  And that’s been his constant issue. Walking guys or giving guys fat pitches because he’s behind in the count and/or not hitting his spots and hanging breaking balls.

Dude needs to be a 6-7th RP or 8th setup.  Anything but closer.

While i agree with you, at some point you stop blaming the closer and start blaming the coach that keeps putting him in. Yeah he definetly needs to be coming in in the 6th or 7th. Swarzak could be a good closer.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Luke has given up 9 infield hits.....most of whixh were very soft contact.

That IS bad luck.

Maybe you should start looking at the numbers of someof the guys that will actually be available ....Jacksons numbers are on par with all of them

I think that might actually be an indication or symptom of a pitch issue when the outlier gets that skewed.

I wonder what the count is on most of those 9 infield hits.  What kind of pitch is he throwing for most of them.

He’s consistently throwing way too many pitches and that has to mean something.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Rewatching the 9th...

Anyone getting onto Jackson too much for that is a punking idiot.

Seriously 

You're acting like this is the first time this year he's had a struggle in the 9th inning. Are we seriously going to sit here and say that every time he pitches he pitches great and is just a victim of bad luck? Yes, today specifically he was a victim of bad luck. But he still walked another batter. But that's not the case every time he pitches. Lots of times he just pitches himself into trouble. He walks way too many guys and goes to deep counts where he has to throw a strike and guys are able to hit him because of it. We see that he is completely lights out when he gets guys down in the count, he just doesn't do it enough.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jacksons whip is 1.20. That is on the higher end for a closer but it's not terrible. Hes been valuable hes just not being used in the right role right now. If we can get a legit closer in July then Jackson will fit perfectly in that 7th inning or so.

I've been saying this whole time that Luke Jackson isn't a bad pitcher. I have defended him since last year. It's not his fault he keeps getting put in the 9th inning when he should be in the 7th or 8th inning. That calls on AA and Snit.