Marlins @ Braves

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's great when Donaldson homers to the opposite field, but it's that much better when a 33-year-old man earning $23 million has a hustle double on a blooper. That dude ALWAYS comes to play.

Great shot. If I’m Charlie that’s going to be somewhere in my home lol. 

And the best bullpen ERA in the NL belongs to.... your Atlanta Braves!

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Contreras may not even be #1 anymore. That kid from Baylor we just drafted may be #1 now.

Maybe. I know they are really high on Langaliers. 

Offensive catchers are really, really hard to find, but defensive catchers aren't. Flowers burns my biscuits, and I hate watching him piss away WPA offensively and defensively every game. 

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
Just now, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Maybe. I know they are really high on him. 

Offensive catchers are really, really hard to find, but defensive catchers aren't. Flowers burns my biscuits, and I hate watching him piss away WPA offensively and defensively every game. 

Why you letting dude near your biscuits man? :lol:

31 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Can anyone think of any decent catchers we could try to trade for from non contending teams?

It's a difficult place to upgrade. Most backup catchers are light hitting. You aren't really going to find a guy unless you go strictly for defense. You cant load McCann down with too much playing time because you dont want him to wear down. We're probably riding out the season with Flowers unfortunately. His defense has suffered and hes lost at the plate. 

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's a difficult place to upgrade. Most backup catchers are light hitting. You aren't really going to find a guy unless you go strictly for defense. You cant load McCann down with too much playing time because you dont want him to wear down. We're probably riding out the season with Flowers unfortunately. His defense has suffered and hes lost at the plate. 

I have always hated the Nats. Now every time i see Suzuki come up to bat i want to break my tv

Just now, LouDog said:

I have always hated the Nats. Now every time i see Suzuki come up to bat i want to break my tv

I'd love Suzuki but he wanted to be the man. He left Atlanta because he didnt want to split time anymore. I'd be curious if the Pirates would listen on Elias Diaz. Hes a backup that can hit. Hes playing a lot at the moment because Cervelli is out with a concussion. 

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'd love Suzuki but he wanted to be the man. He left Atlanta because he didnt want to split time anymore. I'd be curious if the Pirates would listen on Elias Diaz. Hes a backup that can hit. Hes playing a lot at the moment because Cervelli is out with a concussion. 

Might be worth asking. I know Snit wont but i can hope lol

55 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

That is something that people don't always get......it takes 2 to tango

54 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Doubt we find any type of upgrade to Flowers and that they are even looking tbh

About the only thing you get catching wise at the deadline is a defensive catcher to play those game in August/September as the 3rd.

The upgrade to Flowers is more McCann. I know he's "seasoned" but im over Flowers not blocking pitches.  He wears glasses when he hits,  but not when he's behind the plate... doesn't make sense to me. 

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! Got Black Francis over hear acting like he's all high and mighty. BTW, I do have a job. Don't know what the heIl that has to do with anything. You're free to think he's a cool dude until the next time he flips out on you for absolutely no reason like he's done me several times. Then the next day he tries to act like everything is cool. It's why I put him on block months ago. Got tired of his ********.

I’ll say something nice. 567 brings a lot of good baseball knowledge and info to these boards. Go Braves. 

14 hours ago, LouDog said:

Yet folks acted like i was the one out of line when me and dude got into it lol

Like we said in the other thread, it often becomes personal in here. This one went way beyond any baseball debate and strictly personal. Sadly this forum wont survive much longer. This season has been way worse than usual for the bickering.

14 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Welp, looks like I missed the fireworks yesterday. 

Please use the ignore button fellas. I like this forum too much for it to go away...

This forum isn't going anywhere.

I'm not sure why people think this. TATF, ABF, /rBraves and Facebook are much worse.

9 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

The upgrade to Flowers is more McCann. I know he's "seasoned" but im over Flowers not blocking pitches.  He wears glasses when he hits,  but not when he's behind the plate... doesn't make sense to me. 

We can't play BMac too much or he'll suffer as well unfortunately.