Unknøwn

Marlins @ Braves

554 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Beef said:

If Luke doesn’t blow six saves we’re tied with the Dodgers for best record in baseball.

Not exactly, Braves still won 2 of those blown saves. 

falconsd56 likes this

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Rewatching the 9th...

Anyone getting onto Jackson too much for that is a punking idiot.

Seriously 

It was a bad luck start to the inning for sure. 

3 hours ago, dmite said:

Oh come on

Oh come on what?

Watched it at full speed and replay. He deviated from the baseline but not so he could blow up Lucroy. He's moving to the outside before Lucroy reaches for the ball.

Definitely not dirty.

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

I can't wait to see knuckleheads on Twitter and Facebook try to say the is all just bad luck like every time he does this.

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Luke has given up 9 infield hits.....most of whixh were very soft contact.

That IS bad luck.

Maybe you should start looking at the numbers of someof the guys that will actually be available ....Jacksons numbers are on par with all of them

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Rewatching the 9th...

Anyone getting onto Jackson too much for that is a punking idiot.

Seriously 

LOL

Always bad luck for the guy. The most unlucky pitcher in baseball. 

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

I hope you don't think we can get Hand for Duvall or Demeritt. 

One of them would be part of the trade along with an arm

What would it take for Hand?  He still has a large contract so not a ton

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

LOL

Always bad luck for the guy. The most unlucky pitcher in baseball. 

You are probably one of the ones who blames Matt Ryan when he throws an INT when the ball bounces off of his receivers hands

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

You are probably one of the ones who blames Matt Ryan when he throws an INT when the ball bounces off of his receivers hands

This is a probing question that can’t lead anywhere but down...lol 

Plead the 5th Malach

falconsd56 likes this

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The two teams feel very different.  We are transitioning from a young upstart team that doesn’t know any better  to a team that knows it’s better than their opposition.

It may be sloppy at times, but over 9 innings they find a way to win, regardless how much they trail.  That’s a sign of belief and grit.  Playoff qualities.

Add a true closer and we can play with the Dodgers.

Beef, Falconsfan567 and Malachore like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're acting like this is the first time this year he's had a struggle in the 9th inning. Are we seriously going to sit here and say that every time he pitches he pitches great and is just a victim of bad luck? Yes, today specifically he was a victim of bad luck. But he still walked another batter. But that's not the case every time he pitches. Lots of times he just pitches himself into trouble. He walks way too many guys and goes to deep counts where he has to throw a strike and guys are able to hit him because of it. We see that he is completely lights out when he gets guys down in the count, he just doesn't do it enough.

He really dis not struggle though.

Every ball that was hit was weak.

A super soft grounder to the third baseman.

A weakly hit ball up the middles 2 inches from the short stops glove.

A bunt bloop hit

Even both of the flyballs were lazy fly balls 

It is not like everything was hit hard....everything was weakly.

The walk was annoying but walks are a plague of every bullpen this year.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

One of them would be part of the trade along with an arm

What would it take for Hand?  He still has a large contract so not a ton

It would cost a ton if the Indians sell. Hes only owed about $10M through the end of the year and next season. He has an option year so you could control him through 2021 for another $10M. If not you pay him $1M to go away so at minimum hes $11M for 1.5 years. Hes also one of the top closers in the league during a bad season for bullpens. You better believe hes going to cost a lot. When Cleveland acquired him from SD they sent their #1 prospect to the Padres. 

Malachore likes this

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

Oh come on what?

Watched it at full speed and replay. He deviated from the baseline but not so he could blow up Lucroy. He's moving to the outside before Lucroy reaches for the ball.

Definitely not dirty.

It was on purpose and dirty, he just didn’t mean to almost kill him so he was sorry about that after the fact.  He turned and went into the catcher.  You either just like to be a contrarian and argue about everything or are blind. 

Beef likes this

25 minutes ago, dmite said:

It was on purpose and dirty, he just didn’t mean to almost kill him so he was sorry about that after the fact.  He turned and went into the catcher.  You either just like to be a contrarian and argue about everything or are blind. 

Yeah not sure how your whole body can be a foot+ inside the baseline and launching with your right shoulder into the catcher, while the entire baseline and outside is wide open, and someone not think the runner did something consciously wrong and on purpose.  He literally left his open/unimpeded running line to move into the path of Lucroy.

If he doesn’t get suspended I’ll be shocked.

7 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Wow I'm super triggered now. wtf guy

Malachore and falconsd56 like this

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

No I understand **** happens and yes yesterday was likely one of those days but it seems like every time this guy has a bad outing that's what we hear is bad luck. You don't have that much bad luck all the time.

1 hour ago, dmite said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels the way I do. I'm not sure how you can say you're not blind and not realize that guy cut inside to go around the tag before Lucroy moved to where he was.

41 minutes ago, Beef said:

Yeah not sure how your whole body can be a foot+ inside the baseline and launching with your right shoulder into the catcher, while the entire baseline and outside is wide open, and someone not think the runner did something consciously wrong and on purpose.  He literally left his open/unimpeded running line to move into the path of Lucroy.

If he doesn’t get suspended I’ll be shocked.

He was wrong for cutting inside but he cut inside before Lucroy was even there.

I think he definitely made a mistake cutting inside, I don't think he did it with the intention of blowing up Lucroy. I do think he knew he screwed up once he did it and had to collide with him though.

I don't think it was initially done with malicious intent. 

11 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He really dis not struggle though.

Every ball that was hit was weak.

A super soft grounder to the third baseman.

A weakly hit ball up the middles 2 inches from the short stops glove.

A bunt bloop hit

Even both of the flyballs were lazy fly balls 

It is not like everything was hit hard....everything was weakly.

The walk was annoying but walks are a plague of every bullpen this year.

I am not talking specifically about yesterday. I am talking about all season. I mentioned that yesterday was bad luck. But are you really saying that every time things don't go well for him its because of bad luck?

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels the way I do. I'm not sure how you can say you're not blind and not realize that guy cut inside to go around the tag before Lucroy moved to where he was.

Are we watching the same play? Lucroy is inside the baseline the entire time. The whole back side of the plate was wide open. If Jake Marisnick runs towards the outside part of the plate and slides he's safe by a mile. I'm not understanding why you think a guy who was running towards the outside part of the plate and then veered off towards the catcher who was entirely inside the base line didn't do it on purpose. The last time I saw a play at the plate that was this dirty and vicious was when Darin Erstad intentionally ran over Johnny Estrada and knocked Estrada out with a concussion. That play was as dirty as it gets and this one here is right on par with it. I can't find any video of that one but if you remember it it was the exact same situation. Back side of the plate was wide open but Erstad decided to take out Estrada instead.

Beef likes this

45 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Are we watching the same play? Lucroy is inside the baseline the entire time. The whole back side of the plate was wide open. If Jake Marisnick runs towards the outside part of the plate and slides he's safe by a mile. I'm not understanding why you think a guy who was running towards the outside part of the plate and then veered off towards the catcher who was entirely inside the base line didn't do it on purpose. The last time I saw a play at the plate that was this dirty and vicious was when Darin Erstad intentionally ran over Johnny Estrada and knocked Estrada out with a concussion. That play was as dirty as it gets and this one here is right on par with it. I can't find any video of that one but if you remember it it was the exact same situation. Back side of the plate was wide open but Erstad decided to take out Estrada instead.

What I see is him anticipating the ball is going to go back side and cuts back inside after he cut back inside Lucroy does the same.

Do I think it was dumb of him to go inside instead of just going outside? Yes, I do. Do I think he intentionally cut inside so he could blow up the catcher? No, I do not.

Let me preface this with that this is simply my opinion and is skewed greatly by how I was raised knowing the game. I believe the baseline belongs to the runner if you are in it you may get slap run over. I don't see this hit as being that bad honestly. He may have actually been trying to avoid the collision initially in the same way you do the dance with someone you meet in a hallway at work and both of you try to move aside but move the same direction. I am not certain just no way to know for certain in my opinion. When I played running over these guys was encouraged and accepted. I am also a guy who does not like the NFL rule on receivers. When I cut my teeth, if they wanted to come get one in the middle of the field by god they were going to earn it. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What I see is him anticipating the ball is going to go back side and cuts back inside after he cut back inside Lucroy does the same.

Do I think it was dumb of him to go inside instead of just going outside? Yes, I do. Do I think he intentionally cut inside so he could blow up the catcher? No, I do not.

I can see both sides. But I tend to agree with you slightly. I don't know if this has ever happened.

6 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Let me preface this with that this is simply my opinion and is skewed greatly by how I was raised knowing the game. I believe the baseline belongs to the runner if you are in it you may get slap run over. I don't see this hit as being that bad honestly. He may have actually been trying to avoid the collision initially in the same way you do the dance with someone you meet in a hallway at work and both of you try to move aside but move the same direction. I am not certain just no way to know for certain in my opinion. When I played running over these guys was encouraged and accepted. I am also a guy who does not like the NFL rule on receivers. When I cut my teeth, if they wanted to come get one in the middle of the field by god they were going to earn it. 

LMAO great explanation.