Jordan Yamamoto, 3-0, 2.35

Julio Teheran, 5-6, 3.99

Saturday, 4:10

Caleb Smith, 3-4, 3.41

Max Fried, 9-3, 4.04

Sunday, 1:20

Trevor Richards, 3-9, 4.02

Dallas Keuchel, 1-2, 4.08

Braves have opened up a healthy lead for the #2 seed in the NL. They lead by 6 games now. They still trail LA by 7.5 for the #1.

sdogg likes this

Since I bought my daughters build-a-bear CJ (a bear with a Braves jersey and Braves cap on) in Myrtle Beach, the Braves have not lost a series.  One tie, all wins.  If we win this whole thing, Rowan might not get her bear back.

LouDog, Drew4719, oztin and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Since I bought my daughters build-a-bear CJ (a bear with a Braves jersey and Braves cap on) in Myrtle Beach, the Braves have not lost a series.  One tie, all wins.  If we win this whole thing, Rowan might not get her bear back.

A few weeks back we were down quite a few runs late in the game. I got up and walked to the other side of the room to get my braves hat. As soon as i got to the corner of the room to pick it up Riley hit a homer. I may or may not have spent the rest of the night standing in that corner watching the game lmao

Edited by LouDog

25 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Hey sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater good. Rowan will understand it when she gets older

Yamamoto will be an interesting one. Hes been on fire since being called up. His whip is 0.96 in 5 starts. His slider is his deadliest pitch. Opponents are 0 for 23 with 14 Ks when they get the slider. Austin Riley should already know a steady dose of sliders are coming. Interesting test with a pitcher they've never seen but we all know this lineup can mash at the drop of a hat.

25 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yamamoto will be an interesting one. Hes been on fire since being called up. His whip is 0.96 in 5 starts. His slider is his deadliest pitch. Opponents are 0 for 23 with 14 Ks when they get the slider. Austin Riley should already know a steady dose of sliders are coming. Interesting test with a pitcher they've never seen but we all know this lineup can mash at the drop of a hat.

Yeah despite their record the Marlins have pretty good SP.

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah despite their record the Marlins have pretty good SP.

They cant score. The Marlins have actually allowed the 4th fewest runs in the NL. They've scored by far the least amount of runs in MLB. The next closest is the Giants and they've scored 52 more runs. Even Baltimore has outscored Miami by about 60 runs.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Kevin Gausman will begin his rehab with the FireFrogs tonight. 

Honestly i hope Wilson pitches good enough that we dont need Gausman. He didnt show me anything that showed he deserved a spot on the roster. 

35 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Honestly i hope Wilson pitches good enough that we dont need Gausman. He didnt show me anything that showed he deserved a spot on the roster. 

What you hope is that he pitches well enough to rehab his image a bit and he becomes a trade chip

Drew4719, LouDog and sdogg like this

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What you hope is that he pitches well enough to rehab his image a bit and he becomes a trade chip

Yep. that sounds good to me

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It would definetly be a tricky trade though. The only way i could see someone willing to trade us a good bullpen arm or a good starter for a pitcher definetly on the downside of his career is if they are trying to get rid of a decent sized contract. Hopefully we could find someone in that situation but i bet it would probably be tricky.

Edited by LouDog

You're not getting much value from Gausman. He pitched the best he ever has in his life last year after the trade. Unfortunately that's a small sample size compared to the rest of his career. 

Drew4719 and Malachore like this

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Swanson is to hot to bench right now. I love seeing Camargo in there but Sawnson should be in the line-up.

Drew4719 and sdogg like this

38 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He could throw no hitters and you're not gonna get much for him his value right now would be if we could trust him in the bullpen because his stuff plays much better there.

When he 1st came up with Baltimore they used him out of the bullpen in their playoff run and he was dominant I was hoping that was are thought for him when we acquired him this year anyways.

Drew4719 likes this

It makes no sense to give Dansby the night off tonight. Dansby in the last 8 games is hitting .452/.469/.806 (1.275) with 5 2B's, 2 HR's, and 9 RBI's. But yet this will be the 2nd time in the last 8 games that he hasn't started and that includes an off day. Why?

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

You're not getting much value from Gausman. He pitched the best he ever has in his life last year after the trade. Unfortunately that's a small sample size compared to the rest of his career. 

He would be a nice add on...but not a centerpiece type.

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He could throw no hitters and you're not gonna get much for him his value right now would be if we could trust him in the bullpen because his stuff plays much better there.

When he 1st came up with Baltimore they used him out of the bullpen in their playoff run and he was dominant I was hoping that was are thought for him when we acquired him this year anyways.

He was indeed used in the bullpen his first taste of the majors in 2013 but he was far from dominant. He had a 5.66 ERA and a WHIP of 1.343. What I don't understand about him is that his first full year starting in 2014 he made 20 starts and had a 3.57 ERA with a 3.41 WHIP. He's never come close to doing that since.

58 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It makes no sense to give Dansby the night off tonight. Dansby in the last 8 games is hitting .452/.469/.806 (1.275) with 5 2B's, 2 HR's, and 9 RBI's. But yet this will be the 2nd time in the last 8 games that he hasn't started and that includes an off day. Why?

More than likely he has to either be sick or might have tweaked something yesterday and they want to give him a day off to be on the safe side. One thing about Brian Snicker, if you are hot he doesn't pull you very easily heck look how long he leaves Markakis in

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He was indeed used in the bullpen his first taste of the majors in 2013 but he was far from dominant. He had a 5.66 ERA and a WHIP of 1.343. What I don't understand about him is that his first full year starting in 2014 he made 20 starts and had a 3.57 ERA with a 3.41 WHIP. He's never come close to doing that 

I remember him being pretty shutdown in October.

22 minutes ago, oztin said:

More than likely he has to either be sick or might have tweaked something yesterday and they want to give him a day off to be on the safe side. One thing about Brian Snicker, if you are hot he doesn't pull you very easily heck look how long he leaves Markakis in

He didn't have to run much yesterday but he did a lot of jogging.