oztin

Devonta Freeman Career Highlights

27 posts in this topic

Sometimes when a player has been out for a long time due to injury we tend to forget what he was. I feel that way with Devonta Freeman. Its been so long since i saw fully healthy Freeman I forgot he could do this:

1 minute ago, ATLskinjob said:

People around here sure did forget how good he is real quick. 

Fo sho.

Though to be fair to them, it *feels* like Free been out forever.  A healthy Free is an outstanding RB.  Couple that with the improved OLine, emphasis on the run with Mularkey, etc.  It's lining up to be a resurgent year for Free.

mikeg272, oztin and TheFatboi like this

****. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Free run like that. Hope he can do it again this year.

is 24 still playing for The aints? Sure hope so lol

ATLskinjob likes this

Just now, sandtrap said:

****. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Free run like that. Hope he can do it again this year.

is 24 still playing for The aints? Sure hope so lol

Yeah that was straight up disrespectful. Hilarious.

sandtrap likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Fo sho.

Though to be fair to them, it *feels* like Free been out forever.  A healthy Free is an outstanding RB.  Couple that with the improved OLine, emphasis on the run with Mularkey, etc.  It's lining up to be a resurgent year for Free.

It does feel like it's been a minute since I've seen him juke someone out of their cleats. Yeah give that man a hole to hit and he's gonna earn 20 yards on the run. I'm excited to have him back. I know I'm gonna miss the 1, 2 punch of him and Coleman though. Coleman was the perfect compliment to him.

athell, VTCrunkler and oztin like this

If he can stay healthy then yeahh he will be where he was before. He also has to know he cant run like he has in the past , run smarter. Theres alot going against him but if anyone can beat the odds, its Freeman. I have faith 

Posted (edited)

If you pull this highlight up on utube, the Julio career highlight reel follows.  If you can not appreciate the amazing talent we have assembled on this team right here, right now... you clearly have not been following since the days of Steve Bartkowski. And despite all of the heartache we have experienced in recent seasons... this is an ahhhhhmazing time to be a Falcons fan.  Thanks for sharing  Oztin.  Fingers and toes crossed free can return to the free we want/need him to be.  

Edited by Peteshweddy
oztin likes this

A thing of beauty. He did have good blocking with some wide open holes. But you can’t deny how he jukes, makes people miss, and initiates contact. Here’s to his health and a return to that prime form. What a gem TD found. 

gazoo and athell like this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

A thing of beauty. He did have good blocking with some wide open holes. But you can’t deny how he jukes, makes people miss, and initiates contact. Here’s to his health and a return to that prime form. What a gem TD found. 

His vision and agility are elite.  His size and power running style are not.  I loved that piece about Warrick Dunn someone posted, if Free can learn from Dunn he can have a long and very productive career because he has all the tools.

VTCrunkler likes this

6 minutes ago, athell said:

His vision and agility are elite.  His size and power running style are not.  I loved that piece about Warrick Dunn someone posted, if Free can learn from Dunn he can have a long and very productive career because he has all the tools.

Yes. Agreed. I recall the Dunn article. I think Dunn was trying to say to take less hits. Or that Dunn did in fact take less hits. Free is kinda fearless..which is a double edged sword. You love it when he lays that way u til he gets dinged. 

athell likes this

Consider this.

can turn nothing into something

can turn something into 20yds or a TD every time 

sets up hits blocks and reads his blocks

doesn't fumble

catches as well as any of our WR’s and doesn’t drop passes. 

Maybe he could improve his blitz pickups, but other than that this,guy is a baller. 

Ant wait to see him healthy and with a good o line 

VTCrunkler likes this

That Dallas game was his coming out game. If anybody thinks Free wasn’t the engine that made this offense go they’re fooling themselves. 

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

That Dallas game was his coming out game. If anybody thinks Free wasn’t the engine that made this offense go they’re fooling themselves. 

Truth.

And alot of folks in TAFT have indeed been fooling themselves. 

VTCrunkler and TheFatboi like this

When a person has been out for two years, no one forgets that they WERE good. People just have a hard time believing they will ever be good again. Because it’s been a while. See what happened there? I just said what the truth REALLY is. If he’s healthy, then we have a good Freeman to make some serious plays, if not then we have to live in reality and one of the other players has to step up.

This is why people talk over him, because HE HASN’T BEEN ON THE FIELD. So we get prepared for this by talking about who can take the carries. You see there? Simple. You don’t have to like it and I’m sure someone with hurt feelers will rush to his defense, but here is another thing...enjoy.