Jump to content

How well do you think Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will do using the zone blocking West Coast style offense?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How good do you think the Packers will be with their new Kyle Shanahan style offense? Do you think they will be close to as good as the 2016 Falcons? How well do you think Aaron Rodgers will do under this offense?

Rodgers is a perfect fit.  His mobility and accuracy on the move are incredible.  If he stops his penchant to audible 35% of the calls, it will work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

We ran a Kyle style offense the last two years and y'all hated it.

Y'all are gonna learn one day it's more about the play caller than it is the scheme. You can have awesome plays but if you don't know when to use them or how to set them up it's useless.

 

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Rodgers mobility and arm are never in question. Can he keep the arrogance in check and learn to listen to the coaches? Rodgers doesn’t come across as a very coachable guy.

It will probably take until 2020 for it to full gel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

We ran a Kyle style offense the last two years and y'all hated it.

Y'all are gonna learn one day it's more about the play caller than it is the scheme. You can have awesome plays but if you don't know when to use them or how to set them up it's useless.

If that were true KS would have never had down seasons

You need the personnel  first, then a scheme and finally a playcaller who understands how best to showcase his players within the system.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How good do you think the Packers will be with their new Kyle Shanahan style offense? Do you think they will be close to as good as the 2016 Falcons? How well do you think Aaron Rodgers will do under this offense?

They’ve been west coast since holmgren. And every coach after that was west coast or some variation of it. He’ll  be fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If that were true KS would have never had down seasons

You need the personnel  first, then a scheme and finally a playcaller who understands how best to showcase his players within the system.  

Or the down years happened when they were learning the system.

And that's weird you mention personnel here but ignore it when it comes to Koetter's run game suffering. Funny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Or the down years happened when they were learning the system.

And that's weird you mention personnel here but ignore it when it comes to Koetter's run game suffering. Funny.

No, they didn’t.

The Redskins went from18 ppg, to 18.9 ppg, to 27 ppg down to 20 ppg and finally down to 18 ppg.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No.  They haven’t.

The Redskins went from18 ppg, to 18.9 ppg, to 27 ppg down to 20 ppg and finally down to 18 ppg.  

Riiiigghhhttt I forgot we're ignoring personnel. My bad. Yeah Kyle sucks, his system sucks. Koetter sucks too. 

Let's just ignore he didn't have a decent QB while there. Cherry picking is fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Riiiigghhhttt I forgot we're ignoring personnel. My bad. Yeah Kyle sucks, his system sucks. Koetter sucks too. 

Let's just ignore he didn't have a decent QB while there. Cherry picking is fun. 

Read my initial response to you.  First you need personnel, then proper scheme and playcaller to bring the best out of the personnel & scheme.

You hinted that the playcaller was all you needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Read my initial response to you.  First you need personnel, then proper scheme and playcaller to bring the best out of the personnel & scheme.

You hinted that the playcaller was all you needed.

I'm ignoring personnel remember? You ignored it for Koetter. He should have just ran the ball more with a bad line and bad runningbacks so he could do better. It's like Madden. The more you do it the better they get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think our offense will have hiccups under Dirk Koetter? Or do you think Matt Ryan, the offense and Koetter will click quickly?

Depends on what you consider a hiccup.  Will they be on par or better than last year?  Probably.  Does that mean we are as good as we should be?  No.  The offense should be better in 2020.

But if Koetter is balanced with his run/pass ratio we will be tough to stop in 2019.  It’s a definite SB window this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

We ran a Kyle style offense the last two years and y'all hated it.

Y'all are gonna learn one day it's more about the play caller than it is the scheme. You can have awesome plays but if you don't know when to use them or how to set them up it's useless.

What about Goff?  The guy was considered a #1 overall pick bust with Fisher as a coach.  The he gets a new coach/scheme and he goes to the SB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...