Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

July 2019 Recruiting Thread

466 posts in this topic

Arians is a 10.3 100m guy, he can absolutely fly. He and Wren are the type of WRs you will be see us recruit more and more. Word is on Arians is if we want him we will get him, it should be interesting how all this comes together 

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Arians is a 10.3 100m guy, he can absolutely fly. He and Wren are the type of WRs you will be see us recruit more and more. Word is on Arians is if we want him we will get him, it should be interesting how all this comes together 

yeah he has visited UGA at least 4 times..   sounds like we are in great shape if we want him.. we have sold him regarding mecole hardman. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

From what KIPP said, he is a take.  I wonder how long that window is open?

Just crazy how many moving parts there are with recruiting. Here's a guy that the common fan hasn't really heard much mention of but he's made at least 4 trips to Athens. I've read elsewhere and not sure how strong the info but that Robinson is looking around. With us not getting Raym, I'd like to see us add another receiver. I'm sure there will be another out of left field high profile commit down the road a la Pickens last cycle. I just kinda bank on it with Kirby and the way this staff recruits. 

Edited by RxDawg

17 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

Just crazy how many moving parts there are with recruiting. Here's a guy that the common fan hasn't really heard much mention of but he's made at least 4 trips to Athens. I've read elsewhere and not sure how strong the info but that Robinson is looking around. With us not getting Raym, I'd like to see us add another receiver. I'm sure there will be another out of left field high profile commit down the road a la Pickens last cycle. I just kinda bank on it with Kirby and the way this staff recruits. 

I like Robinson.  Great size.  I hope he sticks.

34 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

I have mentioned the robinson stuff in the recruiting threads for a few months now as have a few others.  robinson's dad is on a message board, but hasn't given any indication he isn't happy so when we hear he might not end up in this class or that he has already silently decommitted it makes me wonder what the truth is about him..  however we heard the same stuff with aki weeks before he made his move to a&m public. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

I have mentioned the robinson stuff in the recruiting threads for a few months now as have a few others.  robinson's dad is on a message board, but hasn't given any indication he isn't happy so when we hear he might not end up in this class or that he has already silently decommitted it makes me wonder what the truth is about him..  however we heard the same stuff with aki weeks before he made his move to a&m public. 

You guys know way more than me, but from the 10,000 ft in the air view, it sure seems like we are looking at a lot of receivers now -  This perhaps gives oxygen to the rumors with Robinson possibly looking around.  Would hate to lose him.

11 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

From what KIPP said, he is a take.  I wonder how long that window is open?

At this point I’m not sure we won’t take 4 WRs... with our number limitations things will get interesting. 

14 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

At this point I’m not sure we won’t take 4 WRs... with our number limitations things will get interesting. 

it's very possible we are taking 1 more wr for a total of 4 wrs.. i mean he visited us 4x without anyone talking about it so it's clear we are targeting more than just the 3 we have committed right now.  

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

it's very possible we are taking 1 more wr for a total of 4 wrs.. i mean he visited us 4x without anyone talking about it so it's clear we are targeting more than just the 3 we have committed right now.  

Yep, I think we stay at 5 OL, 4 WR, 2RB, 5 DL, 3DBs, 2 LBs, 1 TE and K. 

17 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Only one TE?

Yeah... Only way I see that happening is if we miss on 2/3 of Washington, Gilbert, and Johnson. If we can get two, pretty sure we take them both. 

I don't agree with taking Large or Carr personally barring missing on all three of the above. 

I really don't think we get 2 TEs if Washington doesn’t choose us(40/60). Gilbert is IMO is the only thing for sure at TE. I definitely could be wrong but the numbers just don’t make sense otherwise

I feel confident we get 2 of those TEs. I think Theo Johnson is higher on us than most think. We might have both TE spots filled before Washington is even ready to commit anywhere.

That’s possible but where does that extra spot come from? The only possibility would be a Robinson decommitment, which I’m not sold on. This year is definitely hard to get a grasp on who our remaining top targets are because rumors are all over the board about several prospects. 

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

That’s possible but where does that extra spot come from? The only possibility would be a Robinson decommitment, which I’m not sold on. This year is definitely hard to get a grasp on who our remaining top targets are because rumors are all over the board about several prospects. 

What extra spot? We are taking at least 24 this year. Don't be surprised if it's 25.

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

What extra spot? We are taking at least 24 this year. Don't be surprised if it's 25.

yep i believe we take a full 25 class.. our staff is doing all they can to maximize our spots.  when bama can sign almost 30 in a class that 25 rule is very negotiable.  

Posted (edited)

There’s no way we can take more than 23... the rule hasn’t changed yet. When we took Cager and Wolf that meant we couldn’t sign 25 that meant we could only sign 23 in this class. The only way to sign 24 is to get if we sign Joesph because he back counts to 2018 class. Unless we gray-shirt some but other than that I just don’t see it. 

Edited by Bdawg58

According to Jake Rowe on 247, via actual college athletics officials, the "25" rule is very loose, and there are a lot of ways around it. Basically, he said that as long as you stick to the 85, the NCAA tends to pretty much leave you alone, causing a lot of schools to take the attitude of, take who we want now, and "apologize" later.

There also in no rule binding schools to a certain amount over multiple years, and numerous nuances to the 25 rule, that can allow schools to pretty much play with it as they see fit, and still be able to make the argument that they are within the rules.

On top of that, the portal has made it so easy for schools to lose scholarships, that the NCAA, in not wanting schools to be below the 85 and for a scholarship to potentially go to waste, is being even more lenient on this as of late, and there rumors of them dropping the 25 rule soon altogether, and forgiving any "violations" that came with it. It's all very loose and up to interpretation right now.

37 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

According to Jake Rowe on 247, via actual college athletics officials, the "25" rule is very loose, and there are a lot of ways around it. Basically, he said that as long as you stick to the 85, the NCAA tends to pretty much leave you alone, causing a lot of schools to take the attitude of, take who we want now, and "apologize" later.

There also in no rule binding schools to a certain amount over multiple years, and numerous nuances to the 25 rule, that can allow schools to pretty much play with it as they see fit, and still be able to make the argument that they are within the rules.

On top of that, the portal has made it so easy for schools to lose scholarships, that the NCAA, in not wanting schools to be below the 85 and for a scholarship to potentially go to waste, is being even more lenient on this as of late, and there rumors of them dropping the 25 rule soon altogether, and forgiving any "violations" that came with it. It's all very loose and up to interpretation right now.

^^This

m2Falcons likes this

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

This has been what I've been curious about since it was announced. At some point, either the rule has to go or it has to get modified... otherwise, teams are going to be disproportionately impacted by the transfer portal. You already have the crazy situations like what Les Miles inherited at Kansas, where it will legitimately take him 3-4 seasons to get up to 85 scholarships under the 25/class limit.

17 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

This has been what I've been curious about since it was announced. At some point, either the rule has to go or it has to get modified... otherwise, teams are going to be disproportionately impacted by the transfer portal. You already have the crazy situations like what Les Miles inherited at Kansas, where it will legitimately take him 3-4 seasons to get up to 85 scholarships under the 25/class limit.

Are there really 25 kids in a class that want to go play for Kansas? :ninja: :troll:

fibonaccisquared likes this

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Yep i was told the same thing regarding the 25.  The biggest thing is the 85.