Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

July 2019 Recruiting Thread

466 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

It's definitely a different environment. Carrollton has so many boosters that they have a private school "elitist" kinda arrogance about them. But I love the school. They really do get colleges to look at kids here. And not just the sports teams either. 

I thought the "Carrollton pride" was a really cool thing to be a part of while I was growing up there. I was one of ~20 folks who went to UGA from my class back when we were AAA. Pretty dang good for a city school of that size. Not to mention folks who went to other prestigious schools.

youngbloodz and g-dawg like this

4 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I thought the "Carrollton pride" was a really cool thing to be a part of while I was growing up there. I was one of ~20 folks who went to UGA from my class back when we were AAA. Pretty dang good for a city school of that size. Not to mention folks who went to other prestigious schools.

Carrollton really needs to be revamped in some areas.  Coming in on Hwy 61 past the lake it is “strip mall ****” - too much empty space and tattoo parlors.   Driving in from interstate on 4 lane divided highway 61 feels like a dangerous road to me.

youngbloodz likes this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Carrollton really needs to be revamped in some areas.  Coming in on Hwy 61 past the lake it is “strip mall ****” - too much empty space and tattoo parlors.   Driving in from interstate on 4 lane divided highway 61 feels like a dangerous road to me.

Oh yeah, that part of town really kind of has been forsaken. Folks keep building up the country club homes and other areas are left behind. Hopefully economics catches up, and the underpriced nature of that area is taken advantage of. Sorry for the non-recruiting tangent =/

youngbloodz and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

It's why I transferred my daughter to the school system. The type of opportunities you get is unmatched in this area with all the support from the community and schools. I know it sounds like a recruiting pitch lol

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yes sir you are correct about that. Although I'm partial to tattoos lol

g-dawg and TheTrue7 like this

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate 7:21PM
Got a couple of things tonight that many here already know, just finally heard them on this end.

Tank is a take. If he should choose us it’s done. Have not heard anything on Jase McClellan.

Donnell Harris is a take.

Some names to know for defensive targets that staff is pushing to get on campus in July not mentioned in other threads: Chris Thompson, Avantae Williams, Timothy Smith, Jordan Burch, Zykevious Walker, Jacolbe Cowan, & Brian Branch.

Target remains the same for OL, still 5. These will be interior guys or combo guys. SVP, @CZCashvilleDawg brought to the board Aaryn Parks.

LG update yesterday 

LG1 701

Jul 11, 10:38 AMvia Mobile

It’s looks to be about a 75% chance that Burch will be back in Athens on the 27th of this month and that will be huge. 

Look for one of our current DL commits to change courses and word is that will happen before season starts or by end of September. 

Below you will see a snapshot of our remaining DL targets. 

SDE 
J. Burch- Strong shot better than most think 
Z. Walker- Had a chance to commit earlier this spring, decided to wait and now he’s in a waiting position depending on Burch. Communication could pick up again, but right now internally there is a quiet confidence to where we stand with Burch. 

WDE 
Donell Harris- Elite talent and pass rushers off the edge- 100% a take. He has that type of talent. If he 100% reclassify look for the Dawgs to be all over him. 

DT 
G. Dexter 
J. Cowan 
Tim Smith

One possibility 2 from this group will join this class. 1 possibly 2 of our current DL commits maybe moving on.

RandomFan likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Well I guess it was still recruiting 

just sounded like recruiting for the Chamber of Commerce for Carrollton. 

I don’t know, it’s hard not to get excited about Carrollton. I mean from the parks linked by the GreenBelt to the bright lights, music, food and fun of Downtown, there is nowhere like Carrollton. Concerts at the Amp, performances and exhibits at the Center for the Arts and Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum, their historic train depot and a calendar full of exciting events fill their town with music, culture and history. Have a love for the outdoors? Check out their best-in-state disc-golf course, bike the Carrollton GreenBelt or zip-line on the world’s longest canopy tour at Historic Banning Mills. With diverse restaurants, live entertainment and local wineries and breweries, there’s always something happening in their town. Carrollton is one of a kind.

Edited by mike teevee

Posted (edited)

Who are the 1-2 dl commits that might be moving on?  Hopefully not Carter, or Stackhouse.

Edited by Turkeydawg

16 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Who are the 1-2 dl commits that might be moving on?  Hopefully not Carter, or Stackhouse.

Stackhouse and Burroughs

Bdawg58 likes this

33 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I'd of preferred it to be Brinson and Burroughs.

Stackhouse has been flirting with too many other programs when the staff feels he should have things shut down if he really wanted to secure his spot in this class. Burroughs is an academic risk, and also might be underperforming his evaluation. 

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

I'd of preferred it to be Brinson and Burroughs.

From what I've seen reported, the coaches see the difference in talent between Brinson and Stackhouse as negligible, with both likely redshirting their first year, and (like said above) with Brinson willing to shut it down, they feel comfortable letting Stackhouse find somewhere else.

As for Burroughs, I know the grades thing but ****, I don't know how anyone could watch Tim Smith and not see how much better he is. That kid's a freak.

95Dawg likes this

11 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

J. Burch- Strong shot better than most think 

FWIW, SoFL said that his sources are not as confident that we have a legit chance at Burch. Not a no, just that we may be fighting from behind at this point. Ultimately, due to the fact that momma is running that recruitment and isn't very forthcoming with info, everyone could be wrong here. Hopefully he makes it on campus in July and we blow it out of the water with him. 

95Dawg likes this

9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Stackhouse has been flirting with too many other programs when the staff feels he should have things shut down if he really wanted to secure his spot in this class. Burroughs is an academic risk, and also might be underperforming his evaluation. 

Gotcha.  

4 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

FWIW, SoFL said that his sources are not as confident that we have a legit chance at Burch. Not a no, just that we may be fighting from behind at this point. Ultimately, due to the fact that momma is running that recruitment and isn't very forthcoming with info, everyone could be wrong here. Hopefully he makes it on campus in July and we blow it out of the water with his mom. 

fixed

LMAO at those delusional Vowels fans... they really think they are in it for Sewell. 

TN moving up. We are Top 3 maybe Top 2.

If distance isn’t an issue, he will be a VOL. Staff talks to him almost daily.

Staff really wants this kid. Maybe #1 on overall recruit board. Should come out soon regarding OV.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/ut-ilb-noah-sewell.302020/page-23

Top 5 class incoming. Wait on it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yea I saw that Sentell video as well. He throwing the “only Poly player” pitch out there but sounded more like to me he could care less if he was or wasn’t. If I were still a gambling man, I’d bet 100 against UGA. Nothing in that video had a UGA feel about it imo. His mind was focused on the E11.

Bdawg58 likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Just got a Wiltfong cb for Arian Smith.

Seems like plans at WR may be shifting (with news of Kirby pursuing Burton now himself)? Or maybe we're taking him as more of a project athlete perhaps to give flexibility at WR or DB?

Edited by fibonaccisquared

18 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Seems like plans at WR may be shifting (with news of Kirby pursuing Burton now himself)? Or maybe we're taking him as more of a project athlete perhaps to give flexibility at WR or DB?

I thought we passed on Burton do to attitude concerns?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I thought we passed on Burton do to attitude concerns?

That was what had been thrown about for quite some time. Was in Rusty's Nuggets I think:

Georgia is definitely still recruiting Jermaine Burton and that was reported from the Opening by us. Did talk to someone close to Jermaine in SC and he told me that Kirby himself is recruiting Burton hard along with a few other staffers. See if they can get him to campus in the fall.

Could be mis-information or just over-hyped "Kirby talks to me sometimes"... But I suppose we'll see.

FWIW, SoFL commented that Arians is a take and specifically at WR... Seemed surprised as well... 

Edited by fibonaccisquared