Matt Ryan is ‘the most underrated quarterback in the NFL right now’

Just now, falcons007 said:

HD after blowing his knee was never the same. HD in his rookie year was exciting. Unfortunately he will always be remembered for  slipping in the NFCG. It would have been waking TD.

I forgot he blew out his knee  

The next I forgot that. I must see it again

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm hearing more people diss Ryan by saying "he has Julio Jones, so who couldn't be a good QB throwing to that guy?" The same people try to elevate OBJ over Julio by saying "he didn't have Matt Ryan throwing him the ball". If you listen closely, you'll hear what they're really saying: "We don't want to give anybody from Atlanta the credit he deserves for being great."

Need some tissue? 

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Put Brady or breeze behind that same line and the results would be:?

Brady, Brees, Ryan and a few others will do well in almost any environment.  They win with their mind more than anything else.  Doesn’t mean their team would dominate, but their overall play would still be on point

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Brady, Brees, Ryan and a few others will do well in almost any environment.  They win with their mind more than anything else.  Doesn’t mean their team would dominate, but their overall play would still be on point

That’s true to a point. An environment of constant barraging is not conducive to anyone. Hey here’s no way to know really but Brady would turn even more to captain checkdown and throwaway. 

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

That’s true to a point. An environment of constant barraging is not conducive to anyone. Hey here’s no way to know really but Brady would turn even more to captain checkdown and throwaway. 

At 40+ both Brady/Brees  need a supporting cast moreso than Ryan.  MR is far more athletic than most credit him for and his accuracy on the move is 2nd only to Rodgers.  So he can survive with less along the OL

19 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Right. Imagine obj if he had Matt? And that’s the truth. But the truth of the matter is all great qb’s should have a great pass catcher. 

If OBJ had Matt he'd be an ever bigger ***** than he already is.

Imagine him here instead of Julio on those day where Matt is throwing to anyone he wants.

16 hours ago, mvcrook said:

Matthew Ryan is what he is. An above average QB that has all of the tools to take a really solid, all-around team far into the playoffs. It's been proven. Don't take this as a knock because  20 or so NFL teams would love to have him right now. Maybe more with a cheaper contract.  

Every QB needs a solid all around team to go deep in the playoffs.  Peyton,Brady&  Brees are all sub 500 QBs when defense allows 24+ points in the playoffs.

I assume every QB is  sub 500 when his defense allows 24 or more points in the playoffs. Not going to check every single one, think it's a reasonable assumption.

Ryan has more passing yards than any other QB in their first 11 years. Assuming he gets 3409 yards this year, he'll have more passing yards than any other QB in their first 12 years. Ryan has 6000 more yards at the same point of his career as Drew Brees did.

Only QB to ever have more TDs than Ryan in their  first 11 years were Peyton and Marino.

He's top ten all time in multiple categories already. He's much better than "above average"

30 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

At 40+ both Brady/Brees  need a supporting cast moreso than Ryan.  MR is far more athletic than most credit him for and his accuracy on the move is 2nd only to Rodgers.  So he can survive with less along the OL

Point. Where does Wilson land on accuracy on the move?  Mr is #2. Wow wouldn’t have thought that. Sl

so Matt has lasted longer and performed better than the others would have given their limited kobilities 

17 hours ago, mvcrook said:

Matthew Ryan is what he is. An above average QB that has all of the tools to take a really solid, all-around team far into the playoffs. It's been proven. Don't take this as a knock because  20 or so NFL teams would love to have him right now. Maybe more with a cheaper contract.  

Coming from a below average troll, it won’t be taken as a knock.

There is not a single QB in the NFL that could have put up numbers remotely close to what Ryan put last year behind that same OL.  Period. 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Coming from a below average troll, it won’t be taken as a knock

I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. I was just expressing my opinion as to whether Matthew is "the most underrated QB in the NFL right now". I mean, I think he's good. Why the name calling?

17 hours ago, nomak said:

I firmly believe and have for a good while now, Ryan makes those around him better...period.  This offense would not be what it is with just anyone behind center, as many believe it would be just because we have Julio.  Julio is great to have on your team, but would any other QB currently active be able to withstand the consistent pressure Ryan has been getting and still get the ball to Julio and still put up the numbers he did?  Doubtful.  Heck, we saw how Rogers folded under pressure and Brady is the same.  Would any other QB currently active play a full season with the hits and blows Matt takes day in and day out, but gets back up?  I don't think so.  Brady, the GOAT, would had trouble last year if he had the line Ryan had...he would most likely be inactive, injured and on the bench.         

This is a very solid post.  On point.

NFL Rank Since 2006:

* TD’s Under Pressure: #1

*  Passing Yards Under pressure:  #1 (nearly 11,000 yards under pressure.  (#2 on the list is at 8,000 yards under pressure)

*  Passer Rating Under Pressure: #1

Want to see Ryan under pressure.  Watch this awesome Sound FX from our playoff win vs Seattle.

Some Classic Quotes From The Video:

- Jimmy Graham: I have owned this city since 2010

- Wilson: let me take over now (down 31-13 with 6 min left)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=504Acdzihzs

13 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Point. Where does Wilson land on accuracy on the move?  Mr is #2. Wow wouldn’t have thought that. Sl

so Matt has lasted longer and performed better than the others would have given their limited kobilities 

Wilson is also incredibly good throwing on the move.  He is probably 4th behind Rodgers, Ryan & Mahomes 

32 minutes ago, gazoo said:

There is not a single QB in the NFL that could have put up numbers remotely close to what Ryan put last year behind that same OL.  Period. 

Why stop there? If you're going to throw crap against the wall, make it really good. 

I have one. There are at least 30 NFL QBs that could have held on to a 28-3 Super Bowl lead late in the 3rd quarter. Period.

Edited by mvcrook

1 hour ago, mvcrook said:

Ok, let's call him "good". Matthew is a good QB.

I know you're not a troll and, I'm not going to call you names, but you're proof that Ryan is underrated.

Ryan just threw for 4900+ yards and 35+ TDs for the second time in 2018, only other QB to do that more than once is Brees. When the only other QBs doing better than you are considered elite, then "good" is inadequate.

Don't think you're a troll, do think you're just saying that ish to make certain posters here foam at the mouth.  

46 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I know you're not a troll and, I'm not going to call you names, but you're proof that Ryan is underrated.

Ryan just threw for 4900+ yards and 35+ TDs for the second time in 2018, only other QB to do that more than once is Brees. When the only other QBs doing better than you are considered elite, then "good" is inadequate.

Don't think you're a troll, do think you're just saying that ish to make certain posters here foam at the mouth.  

I have no idea which posters would foam at the mouth over my opinion but, if they did, I'd hope that they would respond with a genuine response like yours vs. name calling and memes.

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

That’s my definition of trolling.

Speaking of definitions:

Overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.

What is "Butthurt", Alex?

2 hours ago, mvcrook said:

Why stop there? If you're going to throw crap against the wall, make it really good. 

I have one. There are at least 30 NFL QBs that could have held on to a 28-3 Super Bowl lead late in the 3rd quarter. Period.

Actually Einstein it's the defense that must hold the lead.  Layoff the crack pipe spanky.