Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks offseason

130 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

He gone then. 

Between Huerter, Hunter, Turner, Bembry, Crabbe, and Reddish, the 2 and 3 are already a logjam. Turner will also get some 1 time and Hunter will also get some 4 time, but even if we were to buyout and release Crabbe, there’d still be very little chance for Vince to get decent minutes.  We have to maximize our youngsters playtime. They need to develop and build chemistry.

I’d still love his veteran leadership, though.  If he were willing to settle for 5-8 mins at most a game, he’d surely have a spot here again.  But if he’s looking for 15-20 mins, sorry. 

I don’t see him getting 15 minutes anywhere, though.  So he might be reaching too high.

Edited by Beef
blkbigdog35 likes this

3 hours ago, Beef said:

He gone then. 

Between Huerter, Hunter, Turner, Bembry, Crabbe, and Reddish, the 2 and 3 are already a logjam. Turner will also get some 1 time and Hunter will also get some 4 time, but even if we were to buyout and release Crabbe, there’d still be very little chance for Vince to get decent minutes.  We have to maximize our youngsters playtime. They need to develop and build chemistry.

I’d still love his veteran leadership, though.  If he were willing to settle for 5-8 mins at most a game, he’d surely have a spot here again.  But if he’s looking for 15-20 mins, sorry. 

I don’t see him getting 15 minutes anywhere, though.  So he might be reaching too high.

Carter played most of his minutes at PF last year with Hawks.

Yeah the NBA Calendar needs to be re-vamped.   It Sucks for players not to be able to walk across the stage with the hat of the team he will actually play.

It sucks for the NBA teams that need media and events immediately thereafter to promote the team and ticket sales.  Of course it sucks for the fans as well.

It’s just stupid.  Do better NBA!

ATL Fan in the DMV and Beef like this

Posted (edited)

1. Hunter was targeted due to his ability to guard 1-5 and they see him filling into Prince spot. 

2. Adams has to prove he can run a team and some or they are moving from him which is likely before July 10th. Hawks could be looking to add another PG even with Evan T as the backup PG.

3. Hawks have offered several players on the current market but for a certain amount.

4. Hawks want another 5. 

5. Hawks want VC back but minutes will be more limited.

6. Hawks offered Looney a good offer but he took less to stay in GS.

Edited by jayu70

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Jabari Parker inked to a 2-year deal, with the second a player option.

Well that doesn't bode well for us getting VC back, then.

Also means the organization might be a little upset with Spellman as this is a pretty significant handcuff for the PF position behind Collins.

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Well that doesn't bode well for us getting VC back, then.

Also means the organization might be a little upset with Spellman as this is a pretty significant handcuff for the PF position behind Collins.

Could move him full-time to the 5 since they are in the market for another C and don't seem to be making any traction. But yes, I think that (along with the guarantee of less minutes) pretty much spells the end of the VC-Era in Atlanta.

Looks like the question re: Omari has been answered. Shams reporting that he has been dealt to GS.

EDIT: Receiving a 2nd and Damian Jones. Guess that can also answer the need for another C.

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

**** ... Spellman and the weight man

I mean, if all your team asks you to do is lose bad weight in the offseason, you better get that **** done. Hate to see a talented kid like that get shown the door, but **** if that isn't a terrible first mistake as a pro. Hope for his sake he takes the trade seriously and gets to work.

blkbigdog35, atljbo and g-dawg like this

33 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I mean, if all your team asks you to do is lose bad weight in the offseason, you better get that **** done. Hate to see a talented kid like that get shown the door, but **** if that isn't a terrible first mistake as a pro. Hope for his sake he takes the trade seriously and gets to work.

Naw I get it... I just think he can be a legit good player if he gets a handle on that..... the Parker signing makes even more sense now

ATLBrave likes this

Just now, atljbo said:

Naw I get it... I just think he can be a legit good player if he gets a handle on that..... the Parker signing makes even more sense now

Completely agree.