Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks offseason

138 posts in this topic

I wouldn't mind signing Boogie to a short deal (preferably 1 year, but 2 at the absolute most). The 2021 draft looks like it could be a very good one with one and done + high school players. Wouldn't mind trying to load up in the draft. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

NICE!!:D

What is the starting 5 next year in your opinion?

I don’t see Reddish & Hunter starting together...

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Trae/Huerter/Hunter/collins/Lin

now lets say Reddish out perform Huerter than him and hunter will be in that lineup together or if reddish out perform hunter then hunter will take the bench 

g-dawg and FalconsIn2020 like this

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Trae/Kevin/DeAndre/JC/Len would be our starting 5.  Hunter and Reddish is a toss up but with Cam nursing injury Hunter will most definitely get more reps at the 3.  This lineup should be fun for Coach Lloyd to use because you can interchange Kevin, Cam and DeAndre between to 2 and 3.  However I still think we need Omari to step up behind JC and  Turner backing up Trae is a wait and see thing and I think we have to have depth behind Len so I'm hoping we are looking at potential 5s!

Per ESPN, we have traded Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee to the Grizzlies for Chandler Parsons. Whats the thoughts on this one?

18 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Per ESPN, we have traded Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee to the Grizzlies for Chandler Parsons. Whats the thoughts on this one?

Excellent.  Turns two bad contracts into one, and opens up another roster spot (hopefully to bring back Vince).

wuskillzz, Dawggone, g-dawg and 4 others like this

23 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

4 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Excellent.  Turns two bad contracts into one, and opens up another roster spot (hopefully to bring back Vince).

Yep.

There was an earlier rumor that hawks were looking to do a 2 for 1 expiring contract swap to free up a roster spot.

They could gave easily cut either to create the roster spot but my guess is they want to keep the expiring contract 'alive' since once you cut a player you can't do anything with the salary.

Good move, hope we are able to buyout Chandler or just tell him stay home.

blkbigdog35 likes this

57 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Yep.

There was an earlier rumor that hawks were looking to do a 2 for 1 expiring contract swap to free up a roster spot.

They could gave easily cut either to create the roster spot but my guess is they want to keep the expiring contract 'alive' since once you cut a player you can't do anything with the salary.

Good move, hope we are able to buyout Chandler or just tell him stay home.

Woj followed up that the Hawks will give him a chance to stick.  Don't really think we need his roster spot, so I have no problem with that.  If healthy, he could be a useful bench piece, and you never know, could play himself up to being a trade piece for like a future second rounder.

blkbigdog35 likes this

8 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

Woj followed up that the Hawks will give him a chance to stick.  Don't really think we need his roster spot, so I have no problem with that.  If healthy, he could be a useful bench piece, and you never know, could play himself up to being a trade piece for like a future second rounder.

I'm just not a fan of his attitude and I don't need it affecting the locker room and our young players.

blkbigdog35 likes this

This was a good move!  I’m so glad Plumlee is gone! Now Chandler has a hellified injury history so I’m not sure if he sticks!  Do you all think we keep him?  Also I’m concerned how he would fit with our young core?

Solomon Hill ($13.3 million) plus Miles Plumlee ($12.4 million) for Chandler Parsons ($25.1 million). Hawks net $600,000.

So looking more into this I seriously doubt they keep Parsons around.  There could be buyout conversations soon.

18 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I wouldn't mind signing Boogie to a short deal (preferably 1 year, but 2 at the absolute most). The 2021 draft looks like it could be a very good one with one and done + high school players. Wouldn't mind trying to load up in the draft. 

Yeah Boogie’s market is definitely slow.  Maybe it’s his asking price or health but the dude has skills.  We need help at the 5 and there aren’t very many good options left out there.

On 04/07/2019 at 5:33 AM, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah Boogie’s market is definitely slow.  Maybe it’s his asking price or health but the dude has skills.  We need help at the 5 and there aren’t very many good options left out there.

I'm still trying to figure what we will do with Centre for this season and moving in to next. Len and who? 

What do we want in a centre? Someone that can own down low or a C with a good shot like Horford? 

Being Kiwi I'd like to see Steven Adams play the enforce for us. He's, big and tough solid rebounder and defender and is deadly off the pick and roll.

Paul George got traded and he wants out of OKC. 

4 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

I'm still trying to figure what we will do with Centre for this season and moving in to next. Len and who? 

What do we want in a centre? Someone that can own down low or a C with a good shot like Horford? 

Being Kiwi I'd like to see Steven Adams play the enforce for us. He's, big and tough solid rebounder and defender and is deadly off the pick and roll.

Paul George got traded and he wants out of OKC. 

Yeah I’m not sure either what the plan is for center.  I know we drafted Fernando at the 5 but we need a veteran backup to Len.  However, Schlenk has always had a plan so I’m sure we are going to be good to go at the start of the season.