Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknøwn

Phillies @ Braves

Weird thread. I’m out there but pride myself in being intellectually honest. When I’m not weird. Nola is really good. Baseball is hard. He brought it tonight in a desperate moment metaphorically in the baseball world and pitched great. Like a 1. 

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying I've never heard about that rule.

He's right, the rule is in place to protect fans in the stands who are watching the ball.

His last go through his dad was literally not even looking at where the ball was. He'd throw, Harper would swing and then he'd immediately throw another.

Only the 2nd time all year we have been shut out. Other guy to do that to us was Ryu. Get em tomorrow night. Just win the series and this will all be in the past. 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying I've never heard about that rule.

Yeah they normally announce it at the beginning. Ive heard one guy on mlb network bring up how harper shouldnt have won but nobody else

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Weird thread. I’m out there but pride myself in being intellectually honest. When I’m not weird. Nola is really good. Baseball is hard. He brought it tonight in a desperate moment metaphorically in the baseball world and pitched great. Like a 1. 

Yep, but I still expected a bit more out of our offense.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

This guy is mashing too

Yeah the Braves really have no excuse if they don't upgrade both the pen and rotation by the deadline. There's no place for guys like Demeritte or Duvall since they won't take significant time away from Nick and likely won't trade Ender.

5 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Mets and Marlins lol

Don't laugh, but the Mets are actually a decent offense this year. They're a top 5 or even 3 offense this year in the NL.

It's pitching that's failed them. Last year was hitting. This year has been pitching.

So yes, this was Nola being elite Nola of 2018 mostly tonight. His finesse ability along with having decent enough power just KILLS this team if he's working. deGrom's the same way with even better power.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah the Braves really have no excuse if they don't upgrade both the pen and rotation by the deadline. There's no place for guys like Demeritte or Duvall since they won't take significant time away from Nick and likely won't trade Ender.

Deal them soon.  They both have an OPS OF 1.000 and have 40 HR’s between then.  They are wasted assets atm 

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

FalconFan567 i found the link that tells the rule and talks about Harper cheating but have no clue how to link it. Any clue how to? Lol

Just copy and paste it lol

Bryce Harper won Monday’s Home Run Derby in dramatic fashion at his home ballpark. Needing to hit nine home runs in a minute, Harper got into a groove to tie Kyle Schwarber’s 18 home runs at the buzzer.

Harper would walk off with the title in his bonus 30-second round.

But as Cubs fans watched Schwarber’s Home Run Derby title slip away, many were quick to point out that Harper “cheated” the Cubs slugger. The rules technically called for pitchers to wait on the previous batted ball to land before throwing a pitch, and in Harper’s final round, there were some early pitches from Harper’s father, Ron.

6 hours ago, jidady said:

The constant bickering here is killing these game threads.

Well me and Malachore blocked each other a couple days ago so that wont be an issue again. Not sure if thats what you were referring to but if it was that is done

50 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Well me and Malachore blocked each other a couple days ago so that wont be an issue again. Not sure if thats what you were referring to but if it was that is done

It's been more than that and involving multiple people throughout the season. Seems to be always a back and forth going on. Like jidady mentioned it's going to kill this forum eventually. You'd think during a so far successful season there would be peace.

47 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's been more than that and involving multiple people throughout the season. Seems to be always a back and forth going on. Like jidady mentioned it's going to kill this forum eventually. You'd think during a so far successful season there would be peace.

Yeah ive noticed a little. I also admit i shouldnt have gone back and forth with Malachore as much as i did, but until the end i was atleast being civil with it lol

Sorry if my opinion on Nolan (some due to frustration on losing to Philly) caused some bickering. Geez, I didn't realize it would be so controversial to let it frustration on am opposing player. You'd think I called Teheran a scrub, lol. 

21 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Sorry if my opinion on Nolan (some due to frustration on losing to Philly) caused some bickering. Geez, I didn't realize it would be so controversial to let it frustration on am opposing player. You'd think I called Teheran a scrub, lol. 

How long you been here? Certain posters don't allow you to have an opinion or speak from emotion while the better ones do.

That's honestly what will kill this section, not the bickering.