Unknøwn

Phillies @ Braves

454 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if he got called up in August if the Braves aren't able to land a starting pitcher on the trade market.

He and Soroka are the future Aces, right?  Who else is down there viewed as a top 2 in the rotation pitcher

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

He and Soroka are the future Aces, right?  Who else is down there viewed as a top 2 in the rotation pitcher

Yes. Him and Soroka are true Ace type pitchers. I don't know who else would be considered a top 2. If Kolby Allard really has regained his velocity then he's got great potential.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're not allowed to give the opposing pitcher credit. Blows my mind how whenever the Braves lose or don't do well it's because they suck and the opponent is a scrub pitcher.

I forgot where I was.

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Aaron Nola finished 3rd in the Cy Young race last year but is a scrub?

1 good year. But, whatever. He's an ace. 

Just now, sdogg said:

Guess a 3.54 ERA with a 3.27 FIP in 2017 isn't good? This is his 5th year and his career ERA is 3.54 with a career FIP of 3.38 and a career WHIP of 1.171. I guess those aren't good numbers anymore? What exactly is good in your book?

falconsd56 and FalconsIn2012 like this

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I forgot where I was.

It happens to us all. You're not a realist unless you're spewing nonsense.

5 minutes ago, sdogg said:

He's a #2 possible  #1 but he's not an "Ace".

Then again I still only believe there are about 10 in MLB.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How exactly did he cheat?

The rule is you have to let the ball come down before the next is pitched. The last 10 pitches or so they were firing them in one after the other

Edited by LouDog

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Guess a 3.54 ERA with a 3.27 FIP in 2017 isn't good? This is his 5th year and his career ERA is 3.54 with a career FIP of 3.38 and a career WHIP of 1.171. I guess those aren't good numbers anymore? What exactly is good in your book?

He's not doing that good this year. I don't care what he did last year. His ERA is over 4. That's not good. But hey, hrs an Ace in your book. 

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes. Him and Soroka are true Ace type pitchers. I don't know who else would be considered a top 2. If Kolby Allard really has regained his velocity then he's got great potential.

I’d love to get Duvall up or use him as trade bait.  Dude has a 1.000 OPS with 24 HR’s

Just now, sdogg said:

He's not doing that good this year. I don't care what he did last year. His ERA is over 4. That's not good. But hey, hrs an Ace in your book. 

Ah yes, half a season wipes out a whole career. I totally forgot how this place works. It's the Nick Markakis argument all over again.

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

The rule is you have to let the ball come down before the next is pitched. The last 10 pitches or so they were firing them in one after the other

Wait, what? I didn't see it because I turned it off after Freddie hit but I've never heard that rule.

I’d love to get Duvall up or use him as trade bait.  Dude has a 1.000 OPS with 24 HR’s

I wish we could get him up here to take  some ABs from Old Man Rivers out there in RF.

Been behind the guy since before we got him from the Reds. Can't wait to see him prove them wrong.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Ah yes, half a season wipes out a whole career. I totally forgot how this place works. It's the Nick Markakis argument all over again.

So you admit he's not been that good this year? 

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Yep. Surprised he's still here. Thought for sure someone would have traded for him by now.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wait, what? I didn't see it because I turned it off after Freddie hit but I've never heard that rule.

Its a rule and everyone followed it except Harper 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I wish we could get him up here to take  some ABs from Old Man Rivers out there in RF.

Been behind the guy since before we got him from the Reds. Can't wait to see him prove them wrong.

Imagine our lineup with him hitting 7th

Just now, sdogg said:

So you admit he's not been that good this year? 

No. He hasn't been good this year. But he was good in his last two starts coming into tonight. 10 strikeouts against both the Mets and Marlins and only 2 runs allowed in 15 innings. So he clearly had gotten it turned around. But we're not allowed to acknowledge that right?

Imagine our lineup with him hitting 7th

Not too mention he's a better defender.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Its a rule and everyone followed it except Harper 

Ok. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying I've never heard about that rule.

No. He hasn't been good this year. But he was good in his last two starts coming into tonight. 10 strikeouts against both the Mets and Marlins and only 2 runs allowed in 15 innings. So he clearly had gotten it turned around. But we're not allowed to acknowledge that right?

Mets and Marlins lol