Unknøwn

Phillies @ Braves

454 posts in this topic

Ive always been curious as to how Ozzie would look right handed against right handed pitchers.

Just now, slickgadawg said:

I love what Gary Sheffield said about those types of pitches.  He said he wouldn't even swing at that junk.  He said he would make you a TWO PITCH pitcher.  He swung at only fastballs and I believe sliders.  Anything else he wouldn't fool with. He made you come TO HIM...

Image result for GARY SHEFFIELD GIF

Man i miss Sheffield. I loved it when we got him.

8 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Ump got to give Keuchel that pitch too...it was called a ball for him 2 or 3 times

I think McCann has to remind the Ump that Dallas is a Cy Young award winner and a World Series Champion. It’s early though everyone feeling everyone out. Big series for sure. 

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

They did the same to Acuna last year. They started throwing breaking balls down on him.  It worked for a while.  The problem with Acuna though is if he is looking for it he can golf it into the stands.  Acuna developed discipline for that pitch and learned to sit on it.  Its made him late on a few fast balls but it eliminated their reliance on the breaking ball to get him out...

Yep, and I seen some good at bats from Riley taking some of those pitches too, but he's obviously still got a ways to go re: his discipline.

Spts1 likes this

7 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah Nola definetly has that pitch down. Hopefully Riley sees it coming next go around

He learns fast. I think. He’s kind of shown that a bit early in his career. 

LouDog likes this

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

right there.  Acuna laid off that pitch...

Riley will too eventually.... He's still learning... He will make the necessary adjustments

Spts1 likes this

The humidity is heavy tonight. That carries  much better a few days ago. I’m outside watering my garden and just dripping sweat. 

Not to derail the in game thread...

But Tandy lost her husband today...Nito had been sick a long time....was recently at Emory at midtown....

If you haven't.....please go to Falcons page and pay your respects and condolences

Life is so short....

TheTrue7, LouDog and Falconsfan567 like this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

But Tandy lost her husband today...Nito had been sick a long time....was recently at Emory at midtown....

If you haven't.....please go to Falcons page and pay your respects and condolences

Life is so short....

Jesus.

thx for the info. 

LouDog and RING OF HONOR like this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Riley will too eventually.... He's still learning... He will make the necessary adjustments

Exactly.  Laying off that one pitch changed that whole at bat.  Thats what Riley has to learn to do.  Its hard...:lol:

RING OF HONOR likes this

Freddie can go opposite field so I don't know WHY they continue to shift on him. Harper is STRICTLY pull...:lol:

LouDog likes this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Life is so short....

Thanks for the info dude

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Freddie can go opposite field so I don't know WHY they continue to shift on him. Harper is STRICTLY pull...:lol:

Me either but im glad they do lol

Spts1 likes this

I hate pitching around guys. Don't know if that is what Keuchel was doing, but I don't like it still

Posted (edited)

Riley has looked a little more comfortable in left field recently. And we bout to get those runs back lol

Edited by LouDog

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I hate pitching around guys. Don't know if that is what Keuchel was doing, but I don't like it still

Exactly. If you're an Ace calibur pitcher then you shouldn't be afraid of no one 

tl;dr likes this

Just now, vietlanta said:

Exactly. If you're an Ace calibur pitcher then you shouldn't be afraid of no one 

Maybe he wasn't pitching around him, but I don't get why you would pitch around one guy to get to another guy who has a lot of pop. It's one thing if it's the pitcher, it's another if it's Jay Bruce.

But it was Chip saying that, so who knows...